PDA

View Full Version : My car vs AMD mapped Seat Leon Cupra R

mitchyboy01
Thursday 24th May 2012, 16:36
Me and my cousin both finished work at the small hours of the morning today and decided to meet up for a head to head on the empty dual carriageway. He has an AMD mapped Seat Cupra R. He was very surprised at the outcome to say the least lol. Roll on my remap and coil overs now! May need to invest in some brakes too as boiled them slowing for the roundabout and his Brembos didn't even break a sweat!

I slowly pulled away all the way through the revs although not by a lot. My car was 285bhp and 318lbft at 20psi although it's a bit lower ATM for safety until it's mapped. His was 260bhp and 290lbft on the last rr session. He says he can't believe how much of a sleeper my car is lol

All within the legal limit may I add. Ehem!

merc85
Thursday 24th May 2012, 16:45
Well done Buddy, Those brembo's really work well on the cupra's my mates 2008 k1 cupra's brakes are awesome.

His car is quite evenly match with mine and his 0-60 is quicker ,once i go from 4th through 5th mine leaves it totally for dead.

His is aprox 285 bhp with a blufin map

mitchyboy01
Thursday 24th May 2012, 16:55
Well done Buddy, Those brembo's really work well on the cupra's my mates 2008 k1 cupra's brakes are awesome.

His car is quite evenly match with mine and his 0-60 is quicker ,once i go from 4th through 5th mine leaves it totally for dead.

His is aprox 285 bhp with a blufin map

Mine was the same, quite even although mine was marginally quicker, then once in 5th mine really started to go from him. I just struggled to stop whereas he stopped on sixpence

V70 Graham
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:05
.....I just struggled to stop whereas he stopped on sixpence

Always handy to have the stopping sorted :wink:

mitchyboy01
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:08
Always handy to have the stopping sorted :wink:

I know mate, another item to add to the list. Modding costs a fortune. I may have to give up and get something semi sensible soon but it's quite addictive!!

t5_monkey
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:09
brakes on mine can be a bit soggy too! need than 320mm from the Focus ST

danny-R
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:10
I was out in a friends ibiza cupra last night (older shape) with 320 bhp.
Standard internals with IHI turbo and lsd and I have never been In a faster car ever.

Few years ago I was in it doing 170, had to back off so he didn't hit limiter in 5th

p fandango
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:10
brakes on mine can be a bit soggy too! need than 320mm from the Focus ST
the calipers look nice & chunky as well on the Crocus

those Seat's can be a bit of a sleeper, i've been a passenger in a mapped Cupra R & got to 165mph (private land) quite easily

t5_monkey
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:24
Yeah they are quick... but 4 cylinder never sounds as good as a 5 cyl!

danny-R
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:28
Maybe doesn't sound as good but damn does it shift :) Fair bit quicker than my t5 and t5r

was watching the boost gauge last night and it was 25psi what's that in bar?

mitchyboy01
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:28
Yeah they are quick... but 4 cylinder never sounds as good as a 5 cyl!

This is definitely true. Although the 4 cylinder cars seem to use a lot less fuel and go just as quickly.

t5_monkey
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:39
This is definitely true. Although the 4 cylinder cars seem to use a lot less fuel and go just as quickly.

5 cylinder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQmgeMoM0A

4 cylinder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD5MT2FoOJg

mitchyboy01
Thursday 24th May 2012, 17:50
5 cylinder:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AQmgeMoM0A

4 cylinder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD5MT2FoOJg
Hahaha, mine sounds mad with a full 3inch and diesel turbo whistle, although it's no five pot :-(

Kingsford G
Thursday 24th May 2012, 19:02
Happy days mitchyboy as u having fun in it now u keeping her.

mitchyboy01
Thursday 24th May 2012, 19:16
Happy days mitchyboy as u having fun in it now u keeping her.

Yeah, I've decided I'm going to get it mapped and really use the power. Got to wait till july 8th for Marco to sort the map though. I'm going to keep upping the boost until until I max the turbo. If the engine goes pop it gives me an excuse to go and buy a mint olive green t5r manual haha. To be fair, If it was going to go bang it would have done it today, I really did give it some abuse. Me and my cousin were buzzing, we both said it reminds us of §§§§ing around in R5s and starlets back in the day. Made me think if I go to all the time and effort, may as well enjoy it rather than worrying about fuel or which component will die next etc lol

T5frankie
Thursday 24th May 2012, 19:31
nice one mate, wish it was back in the days of cossies and rs turbo's gt turbo's etc

1260pete
Thursday 24th May 2012, 20:54
A mate of mine runs a Cupra r and its a bit of a project car as he runs a re mapping business and his cupra is mental, i think its about 340bhp at the moment but will be 400 by the end of the year, he has mapped my t5 and he says it should be near enough 300bhp now and he has also worked on the throttle response and its now fly by wire and its made a huge difference but holy §§§§ i still can't touch him lol

1260pete
Thursday 24th May 2012, 20:55
What is the normal cost for a remap?

BIG G
Thursday 24th May 2012, 21:11
Good on ya lad!