PDA

View Full Version : S60 v v70

Hoppsym
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:03
Hi all, been wanting a t5 for weeks now and really wanted a gul or a saffron s70, but the last week I've been driving my mates s60 t5 and after today my impatient ness has got the better of me, as much as I would like the above i cant wait any longer so Ive sold my insignia and decided to get a s60 or a v70 t5. I'm wanting to know what the handling is like on the v70 compared to s60 is the estate like a bus round bends? Thanks

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:08
There's little difference really. You know how big the V70 is, as it is big but weight wise, there's not a lot in it and what little extra there is, is higher up so it may want to skip-out a bit round bends. maybe there's a member yp near you who can let you have a go? or book a test drive from a local showroom?
And with the V70, you get the added bonus of being able to throw a double matress in the back for long fishing trips one week, carry up to 7 people the next while having the ability to carry a big, American style fridge home from Currys :D

Nealevo
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:09
There is a gul saloon on eBay at min, have a look!!!

volvokid
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:14
My dads S60R suffers far more from scuttle shake than my R and his is just back from the main dealer to get everything checked out including new shocks

ROZER
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:17
i have had 3 v70 t5's and 2 s60 t5's i would go with the s60 its lighter and holds the road better.

Al115
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:25
Not a lot between the s60 and v70 s of same age that i have driven.

Hoppsym
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:29
Il have a look on trader see if there's any close to me to test drive but was wanting to go view on tomorrow but it's 250 mile from me so don't really want to go all that way if they can't be chucked into corners like a s60.

Was wanting a manual

Redbrick
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:36
May not be relevant but there is more rear leg room in the V70.

Why would you buy a Volvo if it wasn't an estate? lol

Hoppsym
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:52
I had a o5 plate s60 d5 which my father inlaw has now, I'm looking at sort of 07/57 plate ones,there's a v70 in York but I can't post link with me iPad but it doesn't look right,the front bumper looks like the one off my 05 with round spots were my friends 57 plate has the other style/ or maybe it's been bumped?

t5_monkey
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 00:43

Cause they can wriggle out of the boot into the cabin through the Tonneau cover when you're driving to the woods in an Estate ? :)

stribo
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 06:41

Maybe he's not an antiques dealer. :P

Hoppsym
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 19:36
Rang after a white v70 in York it's had the bumper replaced he said it wasn't on the hit list it's ex police with 75000 on decisions. What sort of money are new style front bumpers.

Hoppsym
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 20:54
Do you have a link

JUDGENINJA
Thursday 24th May 2012, 07:00
Cause they can wriggle out of the boot into the cabin through the Tonneau cover when you're driving to the woods in an Estate ? :)

Thats what the heavy duty dog guard is for??

WHITE999-T5
Thursday 24th May 2012, 21:39
Having had a V70 T5 since december, and having been in an S60, i think they are very similar, yes you do get the feel that the extra weight over the back is not there in an S60, but you would be suprised how handy an estate is when did not think of it. Very happy i got a V70, its amazing to drive and its great to see people look back when they are looking at Volvo estate and when you whizz by them, they have a stunned look! Its great for wasting silly halford adapted corsas and other assorted heaps with 3rd gear and they vanish in the rear view mirror.
The heavy duty dog guard is a big plus, they are around £150 as an option.

volvokid
Thursday 24th May 2012, 22:12
Having had a V70 T5 since december, and having been in an S60, i think they are very similar, yes you do get the feel that the extra weight over the back is not there in an S60, but you would be suprised how handy an estate is when did not think of it. Very happy i got a V70, its amazing to drive and its great to see people look back when they are looking at Volvo estate and when you whizz by them, they have a stunned look! Its great for wasting silly halford adapted corsas and other assorted heaps with 3rd gear and they vanish in the rear view mirror.

Talking of which I destroyed a vectra Gsi today, I was passed him before I was even in 2nd gear

t5_monkey
Thursday 24th May 2012, 23:36
Talking of which I destroyed a vectra Gsi today, I was passed him before I was even in 2nd gear

that's the 210 bhp 3.2 n/a

slow as a glacier compared to yours :)

Rhys
Friday 25th May 2012, 07:19
I hired an Insignia 2.0 Sri Nav wih sport pack earlier this year (all they had), mould grows faster lol

M-R-P
Friday 25th May 2012, 07:30
With ex plod, you get the dog guard for free :D
Very very underrated and underestimated cars, love 'em ;)

I hired an Insignia 2.0 Sri Nav wih sport pack earlier this year (all they had), mould grows faster lol
I went fishing last night. Usually we take the Sweed but due to the missus wanting to do stuff, we took my mate's '56 plate civic. 1st, I don't like sharing the front passenger cabin with fishing rods and secondly, the 140bhp 1.8 VTEC thing under the bonnet seemed to make a whole lot of fuss for no readily apparent reason and I found myself making "Pssst" noises when my mate changed gear, just to take away the boredom lol.
We're taking the Volvo tonight ;)

graemewelch
Friday 25th May 2012, 12:17
With ex plod, you get the dog guard for free :D
Very very underrated and underestimated cars, love 'em ;)

I went fishing last night. Usually we take the Sweed but due to the missus wanting to do stuff, we took my mate's '56 plate civic. 1st, I don't like sharing the front passenger cabin with fishing rods and secondly, the 140bhp 1.8 VTEC thing under the bonnet seemed to make a whole lot of fuss for no readily apparent reason and I found myself making "Pssst" noises when my mate changed gear, just to take away the boredom lol.
We're taking the Volvo tonight ;)

did you catch out. take it yr a carper?

M-R-P
Friday 25th May 2012, 12:22
did you catch out. take it yr a carper?

BZZZT, no puddle chucking for me - went to a local disused refueling pier in Poole harbor, next to the SBS base, looking for the Bream that were stealing our bait last week. Caught some weird little bug-eyed thing which ended-up as live bait :D
Off for some all-night beach fishing at hengitsbury head tonight and I'm taking the bloody Volvo too lol.

Hoppsym
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 18:41
Well spoke to the garage it's got police print out saying its din 75000 miles and the bumper was changed as the original was cracked ain't on the hotlist so off to view tomorrow.

JamesT5
Tuesday 29th May 2012, 19:23
The main differnce is you can't get your overnight matress and kitchen sink in to the S60. :ukliam2: