PDA

View Full Version : Mcguiars Car Care range - FAB!

JamesT5
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 21:07
Hi

Anyone tried the Mcguiars car care range yet? I get mine in Halfords and so far I've only tried the Carnuaba Wax and the Endurance Tyre Gel, both of which are brilliant. The tyres gel is very slimey and greasy but it does make the tyres look absolutely A1! I'd recommend applying it with a new, cheap supermarket value washing up sponge, don't waste £5 on the applicator. The carnuaba wax is easy to take off and give the car a lovely deep shine.

Anyone else tried these and what other products in the range do you recommend. Also, what other ranges (like Autoglym) do you prefer and why?

The other thing is, what car car stuff do you absolutely not like and why? I tried the Carplan Leather Cleaner/Treater today and my leather looks dull now. I'll be switching to either the autoglym one or Mcguiars if I can get it.

Regards

James

t5steve
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 21:15
i love the meguires range....................if you ever need a quick wash use their gold wash n wax...........very good

volvokid
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 21:54
I use the endurance gell you have to be careful with it though it tends to splatter the car when you drive

JamesT5
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:51
I use the endurance gell you have to be careful with it though it tends to splatter the car when you drive

It doesn't show up on mine if it does splatter because I've got a dark grey metallic coloured car. Try applying it with a new, cheap supermarket value washing up sponge (sponge side), it seems to mop up the excess as it goes and just leaves a nice glossy finish.

Regards

James

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 22:56
Tried many tyre dressings & I still think the gel is one of the best. Lasts a couple of weeks depending on conditions.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 23:02
I use a combination of both meguiars and autoglym. Autoglym spray on tyre dressing is really good if you have half hour to let it dry. No need to worry about sponges and stuff if you spray it on before you polish your wheels. Also autoglym glass polish cream is excellent. Autoglym bumper care is excellent for any plastic trim and a top tip is to buy a cheap roll of masking tape an mask off your window rubbers etc and use it on them. Leaves all your trim nice and new looking. Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber is great for engine hoses.

Meguiars next gen polish is excellent and can even be used when the paint is hot. Doesn't leave any dust like the autoglym super resin polish can. Meguiars metal polish is good for any chrome parts ie exhaust etc. Meguiars multistage leather care are excellent products too.

I always use microfiber cloths for cleaning inside and out of the car. Great for dusting off the car at shows too.

Final tip, use meguiars spray on quick detailed spray to remove insects and bird ****. Also good for using at shows as a quick touch up for recent polishing.

volvokid
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 23:22
It doesn't show up on mine if it does splatter because I've got a dark grey metallic coloured car. Try applying it with a new, cheap supermarket value washing up sponge (sponge side), it seems to mop up the excess as it goes and just leaves a nice glossy finish.

Regards

James

I have the megs applicator pad, and it still hits my arches.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 23:26
i love the meguires range....................if you ever need a quick wash use their gold wash n wax...........very good

What he said :D

V70 Graham
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 23:26
Tried many tyre dressings & I still think the gel is one of the best. Lasts a couple of weeks depending on conditions.

.....smells nice too lol