PDA

View Full Version : Remote close windows?

KevWak
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 13:16
Hi all,

My car - 58reg S40 2.0D Sport R Design.

Don't know if Volvo's have this feature but...

Is it possible to close the windows from outside the car with the FOB?
My friends Vectra's windows close when the lock button is pressed twice.

Does the Volvo have a similar feature?

Cheers

Kev

Haizum74
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 13:47
Hi all,

My car - 58reg S40 2.0D Sport R Design.

Don't know if Volvo's have this feature but...

Is it possible to close the windows from outside the car with the FOB?
My friends Vectra's windows close when the lock button is pressed twice.

Does the Volvo have a similar feature?

Cheers

Kev

Have you had a trawl through the manual, if the feature is there it will say how to activate it.

t5_monkey
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 14:05
I don't think there is... it's a PITA I always take the key out and realise a window is still down!

scoobysn7x
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 01:17
My 2005 S40 has the auto close windows you just press and hold the Lock button on the fob and it will auto close the window & sunroof (really useful as I normally forget to close something), it also does the auto open windows & sunroof (no idea why this would be useful) you just press and hold the open button on the fob, girlfriends C30 does the same, not sure if its standard or not mines an T5 SE & the girlfirends is a R design.

KevWak
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 06:32
Brilliant. I'll have a go of this today. I'm sure other owners will find this info useful too. Thanks.

I'll report back later if it works or not.

Cheers.

t5_monkey
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 15:26
My 2005 S40 has the auto close windows you just press and hold the Lock button on the fob and it will auto close the window & sunroof (really useful as I normally forget to close something), it also does the auto open windows & sunroof (no idea why this would be useful) you just press and hold the open button on the fob, girlfriends C30 does the same, not sure if its standard or not mines an T5 SE & the girlfirends is a R design.

ooh will try that on mine!!

KevWak
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 15:52
It worked it worked!!!!!

Woohoo