PDA

View Full Version : Best bushes to replace with poly's?

T5rookie
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 01:52
Hi peoples...

I'm still a member of the SXOC and I have our "weekender" event on the 6th of July but its not limited to 200sx or Silvia's....

If you're a member you can run your car.

With that in mind I intend to shock a few members with the 850 :)

So I'm looking at what bushes give the most response/improvement/feel when replaced?

I already have the top engine mount but I'm looking at steering arms etc.

Currently the car has:

Kilen 40mm spring drop
Poly top engine mount
k&n induction kit
HLM 304 ECU

I will have done a cat back exhaust by the time the trackday approaches but any other basic mods for track apart from uprated pads and fluid?? Maybe a front strut brace?

p fandango
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 07:12
front strut brace definatly, it transforms the handling. Personally i've fitted all the poly bushes

Dan850r
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 09:47
there's not many you can do apart from control arms and gear box mount unless you can get ones made up for your subframe.

remember its not a race lol, i think you'll have fun whatever

M-R-P
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 09:48
front strut brace definatly, it transforms the handling. Personally i've fitted all the poly bushes

Apart from the ones you got the guy in the garage to fit lol.

T5rookie
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 13:22
there's not many you can do apart from control arms and gear box mount unless you can get ones made up for your subframe.

remember its not a race lol, i think you'll have fun whatever

You obviously haven't driven with 80+ 200sx/silvia's then.....most of them drive like their life depends on it haha :D

I know it will be fun but I don't wanna be cleaning out my underpants after turning into the first corner because the steering is vague or due to it lurching/pitching...

t5_monkey
Tuesday 22nd May 2012, 14:10
Fit them all... Poly FTW