PDA

View Full Version : Almost Free RICA (MPG)

HuskMan
Thursday 15th September 2005, 10:41
I've had the 280bhp upgrade for 4 weeks now and apart from the smiles that the upgrade has induced I've noticed a big increase in MPG. I know that this has been debated before but I have no doubt the MPG is better.

My run up and down the M1 gave me an average of 27.8MPG prior to the upgrade. Now it gives me an average of 30.9MPG despite me gunning the thing on all slip roads and frightening the odd porker and scoob.

In the many hours cruising the M1 I got to thinking that the upgrade will save me about 11% of my fuel cost. At about £55 a week for petrol that is £6.05 a week. :B_program

That means that the RICA upgrade will pay for itself in around 48 weeks in my car (850R) doing my miles (c.400 a week).

So a year of much better drivability, fun on tap and the fact that the wife even finds it a laugh to slam the accelarator to the floor can be at almost no cost... genius. :B_steerin

Happy and smug of NottingDerbyShire :wink:

Mrsmopp
Thursday 15th September 2005, 11:59
Makes you wonder why you didn't do it sooner eh?

I wonder at which point did my upgrade pay for itself........(goes off to do the maths......I might be a while lol)

x

TedBovis
Monday 19th September 2005, 17:14
you did forget one little thing in your calculations.......

......with the extra speed and the heavy foot that you cant resist putting down you might find your rubber dosent last quite so long as it did before :)

oh, just me then :slap:

pehaps I should learn to be less excitable, nah cant see that will ever happen :D

Vikingxl
Monday 19th September 2005, 17:45
Congratulations mate glad you are happy with it

lance
Monday 19th September 2005, 18:21
Mines slightly better than standard on fuel too! but 3mpg is a good improvement , I calcultated about 1.5 better although keeping speed down below 90 mainly 50-80 I managed 34 mpg over a 70 miles which is good compared to the best figures I have had in either 854 as standard.