PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control

D5 Sophie
Monday 21st May 2012, 08:24
Is it easy enough to replace the cruise the control button think mine needs replacing.

Driving along press the button to increase my speed and the horn goes off but embarrassing when your on the motorway

M-R-P
Monday 21st May 2012, 08:31
I think you may be pressing the button too hard (I know it sounds patronising) We had it with ours, it takes the car a moment to respond to the + button being pressed and it's natural to think you haven't pressed it hard enough and end up honking at unsuspecting motorists. Or in some cases, causing cyclists to crash into kerbs (ahem).
Press the "cruise" button then press the + button, gently, for 2 seconds and lett off the throttle, see what happens. ;)

D5 Sophie
Monday 21st May 2012, 18:39
I think you may be pressing the button too hard (I know it sounds patronising) We had it with ours, it takes the car a moment to respond to the + button being pressed and it's natural to think you haven't pressed it hard enough and end up honking at unsuspecting motorists. Or in some cases, causing cyclists to crash into kerbs (ahem).
Press the "cruise" button then press the + button, gently, for 2 seconds and lett off the throttle, see what happens. ;)

I have it pressed down for a couple of minutes doesn't do it anything then out more pressure then beeeppp it's ok was only a BMW I beeped at ha ha. I have it in for Mot next Monday so will see what my mechanic says. Would just be nice to do bits by myself as love knowing how to fix cars and getting dirty :) ha ha

stephenevans99
Monday 21st May 2012, 18:53
I know it sounds silly but are you pressing the cruise button so that the word 'cruise' is displayed next to the odometer reading, then pressing + to maintain the current speed.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13165&d=1334866451

D5 Sophie
Monday 21st May 2012, 18:57
I know it sounds silly but are you pressing the cruise button so that the word 'cruise' is displayed next to the odometer reading, then pressing + to maintain the current speed.

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13165&d=1334866451

Yeah it's all on just want to go a little faster to overtake and lazy so just use cruise control to do so ha ha

M-R-P
Monday 21st May 2012, 19:01
Does cruise maintain the speed? If you floor it while in cruise, when you come off the throttle it will return to the set speed. ;)

D5 Sophie
Monday 21st May 2012, 19:02
Does cruise maintain the speed? If you floor it while in cruise, when you come off the throttle it will return to the set speed. ;)

I know but if I only need to go up by 1 or 2 just use the intros plus u save fuel

Harvey
Monday 21st May 2012, 20:46
Hi the airbag needs to be removed to get to the contol buttons in the wheel not hard but if it's removed in the wrong order ,off to the main dealer for a reset.

M-R-P
Monday 21st May 2012, 20:49
Hi the airbag needs to be removed to get to the contol buttons in the wheel not hard but if it's removed in the wrong order ,off to the main dealer for a reset.

Disconnect they battery for a couple of hours ;)

Harvey
Monday 21st May 2012, 21:01
Most jobs on our cars it's leave it unlocked,do not leave key in steering column as computers will not go into sleep mode,remove key leave at least 30 mins this time will allow the computers to shut down correctly and remember all the software settings then disconnect battery ,when the job is finished put the key to position 2 then reconnect battery.
Seams OTT but just google it if you don't it's off to main dealer for reset.

D5 Sophie
Monday 21st May 2012, 21:30

Ah really knowing my luck me or Steve would brake it ha ha. Might just speak to my volvo guy to do it next week x