PDA

View Full Version : 1999 V70 T5 se

chazsmash
Sunday 20th May 2012, 23:26
Would like some advice from anyone including the moderators, have had my T5 stood up on next door neighbour's drive for the last 2 years due to a massive insurance hike because of a DR30, drive a van for work and the missus has an mpv for the kids so the T5 was only ever a 15 miles a week vehicle(also have 2 bikes for toys that are cheaper to insure), do a bit of other peoples vehicle welding and have taken on an old range rover of my own, loads of welding required, not until a month a go i took a look over the fence(don't look very often as breaks my heart as the best car i ever owned) the welding and grinding has speckled the nsf window and bonnet, presume the bonnet can be polished out but pretty sure it requires a tinted nsf window, have had several offers via the next door neighbour none of which i take seriously as when i first purchased the car i took it to Rica in Redditch( many years ago know and realise the bad press) was 265 on the rolling road as standard( was going to get it up graded prior to that) the questions i am asking are, considering the fact that since i parked it up i am now on child number 4, and even though i have considered the classic touring car route for fun have not the time or finances, could do with some advice on the best course of action for both myself and the car, would take a hit on the value if it went to a deserving home, will not be putting it on any site for sale as as in the 25 years i have owned vehicles i have watched them rot before parting with them( partly due to the hassle involved and also due to my fathers farm with ample parking!) cant do it to this one.

Any advice from anyone will be appreciated( for the moderators benefit not sure which forum this should have been placed in, sorry)

M-R-P
Sunday 20th May 2012, 23:41
99 V70, is that the boxy shape or the P2 one (P2 being the same shape as mine)?

volvokid
Sunday 20th May 2012, 23:41
boxy