PDA

View Full Version : I've never had a car that's been so admired.

foammanmark
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:19
My C70, which is debadged, lowered etc. is the most admired car that I've ever had. What upsets me though, is the fact that most people haven't got a clue that it's a Volvo, and then when they find out that it is one, the comment is ' oh, it's Volvo....'.

Yes it is a Volvo and I'm bl--dy proud of that fact. My wife is included in the 'crowd' of people who like it because it doesn't look like a Volvo, but now I've managed to put Titans on it with Volvo hub caps, and I've put a discrete T5 badge on the grille. I will carry on adding the Volvo name to it, so that there's no mistaking what make the car is!!

Jamest5r
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:21
Where's the 19's???, sorry but keep it debaged and put at least 18's on mate, just my honest......:)

Sharkey R
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:22
Very nice! Looks discreet but agressive.

foammanmark
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:23
Very nice! Looks discreet but agressive.

You talking about me or the car mate!?!

local-looney
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:24
i have this from of a lot of mates(who drive mondeos and vectras incidentally)...
they are surprised when they come out in mine with the level of equipment and performance from a car that has the stigma of "grandad" attached!!!!!

LiamT4
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:25
I know what you mean, when i had my t4 it had dark anthracite bbs craters and black mesh front grille with just a little t4 badge on. Slightly lowered and looked gorgeous in dark blue, i was going to debadge the back but a lot of people said they didn't realise it was a volvo untill they saw the back.

After that i had to keep the badges on the back.......wanted the numpties to know that yes, it was a volvo that had just embaressed them! lol

T5frankie
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:26
So you took the gorgeous 19's off and put some crappy old titans on, why?

foammanmark
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:26
Where's the 19's???, sorry but keep it debaged and put at least 18's on mate, just my honest......:)

The 19's are 'in storage', as I needed to make it easier to drive for my mrs. The 19's obviously reduced the steering lock which caught me out a couple of times, and I really do like Titans. I would have them on my cars if I could. I have the 18 Nebs, and the thought has crossed my mind about putting them onto the C70.

foammanmark
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:31
So you took the gorgeous 19's off and put some crappy old titans on, why?

Yes Frankie, I did. The 19's scared me, and I've never parked so far away from kerbs. Couple that with the mrs wanting to drive the car, and that was the decision made for me. The Titans are off my V70 T5, and the 19's are safely stored away at the moment.

Jamest5r
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:35
The 19's are 'in storage', as I needed to make it easier to drive for my mrs. The 19's obviously reduced the steering lock which caught me out a couple of times, and I really do like Titans. I would have them on my cars if I could. I have the 18 Nebs, and the thought has crossed my mind about putting them onto the C70.

Got to be better than the titan's :)

foammanmark
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:39
[/U][/I][/B]

Got to be better than the titan's :)

I might try one and post a picy for reaction.

M-R-P
Saturday 19th May 2012, 20:56
And there I was pricing up re-badging mine lol.

Mine is what it is though, who is gonna go into a showroom and say "I want that white one, the one that looks just like a police Volvo" nope, can't hide it, just gotta make the most of it (by wearing a hi-viz jacket while driving it) and it only gets admired by those who have a ride in it.

stribo
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:14
And there I was pricing up re-badging mine lol.

Mine is what it is though, who is gonna go into a showroom and say "I want that white one, the one with the gay blue wheels" nope, can't hide it, just gotta make the most of it (by wearing a hi-viz jacket while driving it) and it only gets admired by those who have a ride in it.

Not surprising really. :P

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:21
I thought you were looking to sell the 19s to me, Mark?

foammanmark
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:29
I thought you were looking to sell the 19s to me, Mark?

I'm undecided at the moment on whether to sell them or not. We have 4 cars including my wife's Alfa, and if she drives the C70 and says the Alfa can go, then I will sell the 19's.

Kingsford G
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:30
Car looking really nice mate.That shape is more like a modern car even these days and being black and lowered looks outstanding and eyecatching.

t5_monkey
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:32
Looks great :)

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:37
I'm undecided at the moment on whether to sell them or not. We have 4 cars including my wife's Alfa, and if she drives the C70 and says the Alfa can go, then I will sell the 19's.
Well let me know. BTW car looks cracking. if you ever need any bits - you know where to come ;)

foammanmark
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:40
Well let me know. BTW car looks cracking. if you ever need any bits - you know where to come ;)

Thanks!! As you know, the main 'bit' that I'm after is a driver's door card please in light grey, as this has seem some hammer.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:45
Sadly Bubba took the whole lot (carpets & everything). I have however plastic parts that can be used to repair a drivers side card if that's where the problem lies?

M-R-P
Saturday 19th May 2012, 21:46
Not surprising really. :P

ooooh handbag! pmsl!

you still sore about the Terry's chocolate orange transfer box comment? haha. 10/10 for creativity lol :beer: