PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring-Easter 2006.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 19:59
Hey Everyone, me and some friends are thinking of going to the Nurburgring again just after Easter 2006, probs the Tuesday after the Bank Hol, till Saturday. We're mot sure how Easter falls yet for dates etc but we decided were going to stop in a small town near the ring, either Adenau or Nurburg itself.

Check out these 2 local Hotels as a guide of facilitys etc. If anyone is serious about wanting to be included in a trip next Easter now is the time to begin to save, put a £5 a week aside and your laughing, or open a savings club etc, you wont regret it.

www.motorsporthotel.de (http://www.motorsporthotel.de)

http://www.hotel-an-der-nordschleife.de/english/index_e.html

The Flying Banana
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 20:04
TDS..I am definately there for that one, I am booking hols etc, keep me posted as to whatthe arrangements will be

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 21:32
YAY! Steve says we can go!! Keep me updated TDS ;)

x

spesh
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 21:55
Count me in 100%, if you need a hand with the organising let me know.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 22:36
Count me in 100%, if you need a hand with the organising let me know.Cheers Spesh but until the Track Opening dates are confirmed were tied, plus the main thing is the humans lol, they are more unreliable than cars, if humans work ok most plans work. What i will say is that anyone considering going is decide how best for you to get to Europe. Probs easiest to sort that 1st in my head etc, then tie up the hotel after, Adenau looks real nice though, not a big town but everything we could want to have is there.

Check out the prices of rooms etc too, think what you can afford, everyone can be tailored for.

Easter Monday is actually April 17th 2006 so i think that we may go on the night ferry, drive down to the ring on the 18th getting there around 13.00pm Tuesday, maybe sail back Fri night , basically 3 or 4 nights there, 2 on the ferry.
Dates could change by a day or two etc but have a think over the stuff mentioned.

mikej
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 22:58
put me down for this one sounds like a tidy trip (tidy=welsh for good) :)

Vikingxl
Thursday 15th September 2005, 15:42
Sound like a fantastic trip but unfortunatly i wont be able to make it sorry mate maybe another time.

John Ret.
Thursday 15th September 2005, 16:02
Get me somehting that will go round a corner and I'll be there!

Ross9
Friday 16th September 2005, 01:08
How much does a trip cost on average?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 16th September 2005, 13:10
How much does a trip cost on average?
Everything Varies Really depending on where you from, where you stay, for instance i go by Ferry as EuroTunnell is too far to drive etc, hotels average £25 a night plus, or you could camp cheaper i guess, this year i drove around 800 miles but you might drive double mate, so it's hard to say really.

My costs this year were :-

Ferry £100 - 4 sharing cabin
Hotel x 3 nights -£ 150
Petrol - 800 miles - £200 - split by 3 of us.
Beer & Food all extra.

It's better to have 2 or 3 per car to ease costs, and cabins are more expensive in twos than fours.

Hope that helps anyway.

Al115
Friday 16th September 2005, 14:10
I am SO tempted!

I'll need to check out a) whether I can get the work on my car finished by then (currently running into late next year) and b) if I can fund it...

TDS - thanks for kicking this off!

The Flying Banana
Friday 16th September 2005, 15:52
Everything Varies Really depending on where you from, where you stay, for instance i go by Ferry as EuroTunnell is too far to drive etc, hotels average £25 a night plus, or you could camp cheaper i guess, this year i drove around 800 miles but you might drive double mate, so it's hard to say really.

Hotel x 3 nights -£ 150
Beer & Food all extra.

It's better to have 2 or 3 per car to ease costs, and cabins are more expensive in twos than fours.

Hope that helps anyway.

Put £20 a week away from today ( my 1st £20 is in a tin which has to be cut open!!) and you will be very much there. Lets face it you will spend £20 on rubbish and this is a good chance for VolvoT5.co.uk to have the ultimate meet!!! C'mon...just look at TDS's pics..even tho is was wet the social side of this trip would be awsome!!!! I am seriously thinking of trying to get on the waiting list for a ride with Sabine!!!!

fraz13
Friday 16th September 2005, 16:09
I am seriously thinking of trying to get on the waiting list for a ride of Sabine!!!!
Tut tut Scotty :hilarious

The Flying Banana
Friday 16th September 2005, 16:28
Trust you Fraser!!! You must be bored !!! LOL!!

Engineer
Friday 16th September 2005, 16:35
If you can make the Essex Meet you might enlist some real southern boys. Know its a bit of a treck on a Sunday, but pub does have rooms if you want to stay the night. Link attached. Will give this some serious consideration. Track not far from Calais and the Seacat is fast and less than half the price of the Tunnel. :mad111:

www.theashpub.co.uk/index.htm

fraz13
Friday 16th September 2005, 17:24
Trust you Fraser!!! You must be bored !!! LOL!!
:spam1: A week stuck in this god damned hoose....... WHAT YOU THINK!!!! haha :rolleyes2

siamblue
Friday 16th September 2005, 17:38
:spam1: A week stuck in this god damned hoose....... WHAT YOU THINK!!!! haha :rolleyes2

Well get a flight down to Swansea and take your 4k with ya ;)

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/51155.htm

TangoDeltaSierra3
Saturday 24th September 2005, 21:53
Is this thread gonna get forgotten about lol as they doo, any one serious about going it helps if i know as i can keep people posted.

1. TDS 3
2. FlyingBanana

The Flying Banana
Saturday 24th September 2005, 22:27
C'mon peeps, get the maths done and commit to this...all this posting pics of yourselves...now see the person in the flesh at this jolly!! Volvo T5 son Tour...moderators, hied bummers etc etc show us your commitment!!!!

t5owner
Sunday 25th September 2005, 13:37
TDS put me down for the updates as i`ll have a serious think about this one
Should be good for a trip out
Just waiting to see what my hols are next year so i can swap em if ness

Cheers

stuart

S60D5
Sunday 25th September 2005, 23:05
Hi Guys,

Surely it would be more interesting to go Dover/Calais on the Tunnel and drive through Germany on the Autobahns rather than go on a loooong ferry crossing? Imagine a group of T5's down the unrestricted Autobahn on some kind of convoy! Which crossing are you planning? I guess for Northern members Dover/Calais might not be quite so appropriate!

I'd be up for it depending on exact dates, but as my T5 has a slight aversion to high-speed autobahns and tracks I'd be sitting in a Peugeot 407 HDi flat out at 129mph down the autobahn! (Unless I can blag the V6 24v!).

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 26th September 2005, 00:05
Hi Guys,

Surely it would be more interesting to go Dover/Calais on the Tunnel and drive through Germany on the Autobahns rather than go on a loooong ferry crossing? Imagine a group of T5's down the unrestricted Autobahn on some kind of convoy! Which crossing are you planning? I guess for Northern members Dover/Calais might not be quite so appropriate!

I'd be up for it depending on exact dates, but as my T5 has a slight aversion to high-speed autobahns and tracks I'd be sitting in a Peugeot 407 HDi flat out at 129mph down the autobahn! (Unless I can blag the V6 24v!).Err sorry but its an extra 450 miles driving before i even get out of the country, plus 10hours round trip and the Chunnell is same price as Ferry too, i'm sticking to 4 star floating ferry thanks.

S60D5
Monday 26th September 2005, 11:45
Err sorry but its an extra 450 miles driving before i even get out of the country, plus 10hours round trip and the Chunnell is same price as Ferry too, i'm sticking to 4 star floating ferry thanks.

Lol. Fair play, what crossing you using?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 26th September 2005, 17:23
Lol. Fair play, what crossing you using?P & O North Sea Ferrys from Hull to Europort,Rotterdam, it;s kinda middle of the road for Scots/Midlands based people. The boats & cabins are fantastic for what it costs.

http://www.ship-technology.com/projects/hull/

S60D5
Monday 26th September 2005, 18:50
P & O North Sea Ferrys from Hull to Europort,Rotterdam, it;s kinda middle of the road for Scots/Midlands based people. The boats & cabins are fantastic for what it costs.

http://www.ship-technology.com/projects/hull/

In that case, any north/scots/north-mids people could go via there to Rotterdam, and anyone from the south could either meet just outside Rotterdam or on one of the motorway services after doing dover/calais!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 26th September 2005, 19:16
In that case, any north/scots/north-mids people could go via there to Rotterdam, and anyone from the south could either meet just outside Rotterdam or on one of the motorway services after doing dover/calais!Best kind of area is to meet the dutch side of Antwerp, on the Eindhoven motorway somewhere. Having said that nobodys beating down my door either.

Engineer
Monday 26th September 2005, 19:33
Is this thread gonna get forgotten about lol as they doo, any one serious about going it helps if i know as i can keep people posted.

1. TDS 3
2. FlyingBanana
3. Engineer

For info the Monday after Easter Sunday is 17th April 2006. Please keep me posted as providing better half can swing holidays will be there if meet goes ahead, via Calais and Seacat, a meet up for us south of Watford guys at Calais (we can discuss at Essex Meet) and then somewhere other side of channel with you northern rabble sounds like a good idea to.

Can,t make drag meet this Saturday, but with more notice maybe next time, however with slush box and standard R would probarly get doors blown off, NBR on the other hand might be different? :bitehard3

t5owner
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 10:01
Whats happening with this event are we still on as i`ve been given clearence by her who must be obeyed to attend so just gotta sort out my hols but i`m in for deffo

Cheers

stuart

01c70t5
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 10:09
Having said that nobodys beating down my door either.
Aye, I'm trying to organise a band of us to join in the fun and games... more to follow!

The Flying Banana
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 10:58
The 2006 calendar will not be available until around the end of February 2006 ... a few need to confirm hols fro around this time so re engineers last post about Easter Sunday do we go ahead and book hols assuming that the track will be open...TDS and and regular ringers ( dont know if i want to be called a ringer!!!LOL) what do you think...I want to get ferry booked and plans for hotel.. i have my cash ready now and want it accounted for!!! Canwe get a list of definates too sorted so we know where meeting up is going to be done etc.....TDS..I know SPESH has offerered help re this, perhaps SPESH you could sort out down South , TDS, the middle of the country and I am willing to help out with the North..if that helps let me know

siamblue
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 11:23
I would love to go but depends on finances, Missus said it sounds good, but how far is the track from Calais as someone said it wasn't far, I would rather travel through Belgium Holland than France.

Gary

Murphy
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 11:50
IIRC - from Sheffield to the ring it is 600 miles, and approx 240 to Calais. So i would say 300+ miles to the ring from france.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 14:53
Gary the way to go is Calais via Antwerp, via Eindhoven, Venlo, Cologne, maybe 4 hrs depending on how u drive, times, etc...

siamblue
Tuesday 4th October 2005, 15:08
That's not bad at all 4 hours and driving through 4 countries sounds good :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 27th October 2005, 17:44
So whos actually putting money aside weekly so far for this jolly ?

V8guitar
Thursday 27th October 2005, 21:51
Just to let you know I am probably going but will make my own arrangements as I will probably take the Dover-Dunkerque ferry ..Anyway, suffice to say we can all meet up on the other side and sink some beers!!

I'll keep you posted on what we end up doing...

Stu - Steve will probably also go, so you ( and anyone else for that matter ) is welcome to tag along with me....

Murphy - You going ?? Would be great to see the fabia going round. I think it would be an ideal car for the ring!!

Also note that as its the first open weekend, it could be VERY busy!

Some advice, based on my last visit I would also include european breakdown cover into the cost equation!!

Now then, I really must get a new toy before then....wouldn't want anyone I saw last time to see me with the same car!!

t5owner
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 11:17
Cheers for the invite guy and yes i`ll probs tag along with you let me know what the arrangements are so i can book my holidays

Thanks

Stuart

Murphy
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 11:27
Murphy - You going ?? Would be great to see the fabia going round. I think it would be an ideal car for the ring!!

Mate i would love to go and show you what 10 minuets BTG looks like ;) - but i will have to play it by ear for now. I am so skint it is untrue, but the new year might have nice things in store and thus i might be there. :B_steerin

BigJC
Friday 11th November 2005, 17:31
Just spotted this and I well up for it! I've just earmarked £500 in my savings and everylast bit of overtime between now & then is going towards more bhp, a milltek exhaust and bigger brakes and is I'm really lucky some eibach springs.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Friday 11th November 2005, 23:44
Cool, sounds nice, my frends are heading over to the ring from Liverpool,Aintree area, top lads but Cozzy guys i'm afraid but yer welcome to ride over wiv em if you decide to go. Get yerself MSN Messenger and stay in touch i'll keep yer posted.

gillespie
Saturday 12th November 2005, 17:35
Put me down, should get r going next week, a great oppertunity to run her in on the ring ps i would prefer to drive further than sail,

S60D5
Thursday 8th December 2005, 17:04
Any updates on this?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 8th December 2005, 17:25
Yes, the update is no 1 has committed to this at all.

S60D5
Thursday 8th December 2005, 17:35

I think a full schedule should be made including exact costs etc, more people will be inclined to say yay or nay if they knew the exact cost.

I think a VT5 run throughout Germany would be pretty cool :anmflower

The Flying Banana
Thursday 8th December 2005, 17:36

Apart from me that is....all hols booked, me and mate are going no matter what happens here, soon as i know dtaes i am booking ferry too.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 8th December 2005, 18:04

Hotel x 3 nights -£ 150
Beer & Food all extra.

Hope that helps anyway.Who said costs ?

S60D5
Thursday 8th December 2005, 18:11
Who said costs ?

:P

OKOK.

I'm sending you a PM! :)

BigJC
Thursday 8th December 2005, 21:11
I'm up for it! Money put aside already.

I used to be a regular on a BMW forum (please don't shout) and they're always heading off to the ring so I can get plenty of info for the trip, places to stay etc... The site owner had his stag do there and one member who should be sectioned likes to take day trips to the hallowed track!

Screw crimbo & new year, bring on the Nurburgring. Now best practice on GT4 and renew my passport!

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 12th December 2005, 00:24
I've had a slight change of plan, seeing as the World Cup draw has now taken place is anyone interested in going to Cologne/Nurburgring around Friday June 16th, have a long weekend in & around Cologne, do the Nurburgring etc..., then take in the England v Sweden game on the Tuesday 20th June then head home on the Wednesday 21st, now thr draws made the hotels will book up very quickly, the IBIS Barbarossaplatz has an underground car park and is clean & comfortable, if any one will commit we should book rooms asap.

S60D5
Monday 12th December 2005, 10:24
I've had a slight change of plan, seeing as the World Cup draw has now taken place is anyone interested in going to Cologne/Nurburgring around Friday June 16th, have a long weekend in & around Cologne, do the Nurburgring etc..., then take in the England v Sweden game on the Tuesday 20th June then head home on the Wednesday 21st, now thr draws made the hotels will book up very quickly, the IBIS Barbarossaplatz has an underground car park and is clean & comfortable, if any one will commit we should book rooms asap.

Cars yes - football no! :insane:

BigJC
Sunday 26th February 2006, 22:56
Anyone still going?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Sunday 26th February 2006, 23:23
Probz not mate, looks as though were off Sept 8th to 14th ish tho as usual.