PDA

View Full Version : brake light help

Slomo
Friday 18th May 2012, 18:04
Hi Everyone

I have a dilemma with my brake lights... THey just stopped working?

I have changed the bulbs, the fuse and still nothing... Any idea's much appreciated. MOT is in a few weeks and need to get this fixed ASAP.

Is there a dedicated relay just for the brake lights? As everything else works fine..

Thanks

Slomo

craigoodwood
Friday 18th May 2012, 18:29
brake pedal switch?
i had to take mine apart and clean the contacts for my mot :)

Slomo
Sunday 20th May 2012, 22:55
Any other idea's? Done that and still doesnt work. just to be safe will be going to volvo tomorrow to order a replacement... It is the original one and has done 215k so far :)

Slomo
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 22:10
I have now replaced all the relays and still nothing :( without fixing this I will have to write the car off. Which wil be a shame as I love the T4

Any idea's?

I am going to try adding a seperate new wire from the brake pedal to the brake lights and wire them in myself? on sunday but that is last resort?

Any help much appreciated..

Slomo

Harvey
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 22:19
Have you got a good earth at the light units

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 22:39
Is there power to the brake pedal switch?

Marvin
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 22:57
I currently have a dodgy ignition switch which seems to stop wipers/indicators/radio etc working till I waggle it could this be the source of your problem

Slomo
Thursday 31st May 2012, 10:26
no power registerring at the brake lights, checked both sides rear and brake light in rear window no power..

earth is ok, got seperat earths for each side but will triple check.

I have not checked ignition as this is the only thing not working.. will do though..

Thanks

Slo

Dan850r
Thursday 31st May 2012, 10:44
Have you checked power at the switch tho, if there's none there hthen there won't be any at the lights

Slomo
Thursday 31st May 2012, 12:03
mmmm good point. will check tonight. i did check power at lights but cant remember if i checked power at pedal...

Thanks

getcarter1972
Sunday 3rd June 2012, 17:41
any joy??