PDA

View Full Version : s60 2,5t into r or even more

Greg
Thursday 17th May 2012, 23:16
hi im seriously thinking about making a little monster out of my s60 and im aiming to have around 360bhp now i know i would probably need to rebuilt an engine using performance parts such as forged pistons,bigger turbo and so on, but as i have not got a lot of experience with a volvo tuning i would appreciate your thought on it , is it even possible?,will the engine last ? thanks for all coments

t5_monkey
Friday 18th May 2012, 00:09
hi im seriously thinking about making a little monster out of my s60 and im aiming to have around 360bhp now i know i would probably need to rebuilt an engine using performance parts such as forged pistons,bigger turbo and so on, but as i have not got a lot of experience with a volvo tuning i would appreciate your thought on it , is it even possible?,will the engine last ? thanks for all coments

Welcome Greg.

It's possible a couple have even done what you've said.

Bottom line... If you want a monster, get a 2.4 T5 and you'll get 350bhp with bolt on mods and a remap only (injectors, downpipe, FMIC)

at UK speeds you may be better off doing the above and spending the rest on a Bilstein suspension set up, rear anti roll bar and a full poly-bushing.

Chad
Friday 18th May 2012, 07:36
As the Monkey said,

the 2.4 T5 is a very tunable engine....

A few people have had just shy of 350hp using a 3" downpipe with race cat, 2.5" cat back, FMIC and a Rica stage 2 tune.

Turkish got 348hp from this setup, which i think someone in this forum bought the car.

hth

Chad

Jimmie
Friday 18th May 2012, 09:40
Why would you want to polybush what's wrong with the standard setup?

MattM
Friday 18th May 2012, 10:06
Yea I got 320bhp from just a map on my 2.4 T5.

How about this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-S60-2-4-T5-SE-AUTO-SILVER-METALLIC-CREAM-LEATHER-/140741206725?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item20c4d462c5

I'd personally go for a manual though.

M-R-P
Friday 18th May 2012, 10:16
Why would you want to polybush what's wrong with the standard setup?

P2 wishbone bushes are flakey when abused. The polys last far longer and give the car a more confident feel in the twisties. Pound for pound, the best mod you can do on an S60/V70 :D

Jimmie
Friday 18th May 2012, 10:22
P2 wishbone bushes are flakey when abused. The polys last far longer and give the car a more confident feel in the twisties. Pound for pound, the best mod you can do on an S60/V70 :D

Just had standards refitted and they are fine in the twisties on the s60.Better to buy new shocks instead.
Polies are a big waste of money on a 4x4.

M-R-P
Friday 18th May 2012, 10:29
I did shocks and polies at the same time (used Boge Automatic shocks) the difference was astonishing. I know nothing of consequence with the awd/4wd stuff, so I'll stay out lol ;)

Redbrick
Friday 18th May 2012, 10:48
Just had standards refitted and they are fine in the twisties on the s60.Better to buy new shocks instead.
Polies are a big waste of money on a 4x4.

Your comparing a set of new shocks to a set of Powerflex bushes for £22?!!

I'd agree Martin, £ for £ the best mod on a P2.

Explain the "Polies are a big waste of money on a 4x4" please, I don't get it? Have you done it and couldn't feel the difference?

Jimmie
Friday 18th May 2012, 11:19
They dont last long on a 4x4.
Have you just changed your shocks before anything else and not found a big difference??

t5_monkey
Friday 18th May 2012, 12:47
Shocks make a big difference, Bilstein are awesome, don't bother with adjustables.

a non-poly car will handle like a warm wet dog turd compared to one that's fully poly.

How do I know this? cause I've driven mine both poly and non poly! A well set up car that's fully polybushed is face meltingly awesome in the twisties.

I have no doubt that my car with a standard engine and the suspension mods would utterly thrash itself if it had the engine mods but stock suspension around a circuit.

Greg
Saturday 19th May 2012, 11:32
Hi thanks for all advice but buying a different car is not a option that I would go for right now,does anyone have any advice what would I have to do to get that much power from my engine which at the moment is standard 2,5t with 210bhp thanks to everyone