PDA

View Full Version : V70 T5 (2001) Interior Fans/Blowers running on their own

JamesT5
Thursday 17th May 2012, 17:44
Hi

Can anyone shed any light on this problem. I've got a 2001 V70 T5 and whilst cleaning it earlier I heard the interior blowers/climate control working all on their own even though the engine was off and the keys were out of the ignition and in my pocket! This is the first time I've seen this 'problem' and I brought the car in March 2012.

The only thing I think might have happened is that the fans didn't turn themselves off when I switched off the ignition and I didn't notice, and there was just a 'glitch' in the system and it was a one off fluke. If it makes any difference, I had the aircon running whilst driving and the temperature selection dials were down to cold.

Or, does anyone know about any 'hidden' feature on the car I'm not aware of because it was very odd to see the blowers blowing out air at full blast and nothing I did with the switches stopped it. I had to start the car up and then turn the engine off again to stop the fans. Very strange!

Thanks for your advice.

Regards

James

Yosser
Thursday 17th May 2012, 18:16
I *think* the blower has the capability to stay on after the a/c has been in use in order to dry the evaporator out.

Rogerb
Saturday 19th May 2012, 23:52
Hi,
There is an option to have the fan come on ,a while after you turn the car off if you have had the a/c on(Ithink 50 mins).
The early cars had it set on the later cars(and updated early ones) had it set off. As customers would worry about it.
Any one with VIDA can set it to on or off.
I set our V70 to on as it helps dry out the a/c,and reduces any damp smels tha a/c can cause.
Note thruogh if your battery is a bit past it ,it may be beter left off even through the car is soupost to dectect a low battery.

Regards Rogerb

JamesT5
Saturday 19th May 2012, 23:59
Thanks for the advice (both). I did read the manual today (again), and notice a short note about this in there.

Regards

James

Harvey
Sunday 20th May 2012, 04:41
Hi yes they can be set to run to dry out the system (to stop smells) its in the system software ,I think they run for a little while then turn off.