PDA

View Full Version : Air filter

1260pete
Tuesday 15th May 2012, 22:34
Can anyone recommend a decent performance air filter for the t5 me7 engine please? and nothing that costs £200 as they are no better than £30 ones,,, maybe something like a green or ramair?

M-R-P
Tuesday 15th May 2012, 22:36
can of worms...

My opinion...

A cheap, big twin cone air filter for under 20 quid from fleabay, or a performance panel filter. Depending on if you want noise or not.

1260pete
Tuesday 15th May 2012, 22:45
can of worms...

My opinion...

A cheap, big twin cone air filter for under 20 quid from fleabay, or a performance panel filter. Depending on if you want noise or not.yeah sorry i want a bit of noise but don't like them cheap ones too much just looking at freen ones which are not bad at about 40 quid

M-R-P
Tuesday 15th May 2012, 23:01
fair enough, just make sure it's a big one - there'll be less resistance, more noise and a better performance increase (not that there's much)

MoleT-5R
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 07:17
I've recently fit a Pipercross panel filter to my 850 as part of a pre-drag service before the last Shakey meet, but I have not noticed any real noise increase. Power could be up a bit, as the quarter times have dropped a little or the driver is getting better at getting down the strip......???? The product seems to be well made and good quality so not a bad buy will just have to see how good it is after its been cleaned a few times.:smileypul

I want a T5
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 08:20
K&N Panel in mine.

Don't believe all the hype re the oil messing up the MAF. I have K&N in pretty much every performance car I have owned and never had a problem.

I avoid cheap cheap filters too due to the possibility of them not filtering as well and also, breaking up over time and disappearing into the turbo!

shepbomb
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 10:53
K&n panel filter in mine... gives a slight noise increase, and you can just about here the recirc valve