PDA

View Full Version : Terraclean system as seen Wheeler Dealers

doorman
Thursday 10th May 2012, 18:12
In the interest of getting the best from our performance engines, I would like to share the excerpt I recorded from the programme last week, quality may not be to great as I recorded it direct with my video camera.
However, when I saw this I was very impressed with the results shown, so much so, I found a reasonably local company who had invested in this technology and went there last Saturday and had the treatment, I can fully endorse the claims made on the programme, and am highly delighted with the result. For those of you who know the performance of my Volvo in the past will agree it is pretty rapid, this Terraclean treatment has made a tremendous improvement in performance throughout the range and I would claim an increase in economy by 2-3 mpg.
As these machines are rolled out (there are only 5 in the country so far) it is expected to be a yearly thing to consider when having your car serviced. There is also a system designed for diesel engines.
I do have a contact email of the importers who can supply a list of regional operators if any one needs it.

http://youtu.be/wiViPKIoG68 Read further information on the video for location of agent.

emm
Sunday 13th May 2012, 16:11
I saw this and am very interested however any ideas where these five stations are located?

Andy

V70 Graham
Sunday 13th May 2012, 17:23
I know one is in Stoke Poges Nr Slough :

http://www.performancetuninguk.co.uk/index.html

doorman
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 20:00
I know one is in Stoke Poges Nr Slough :

http://www.performancetuninguk.co.uk/index.html

Thats the one I used, highly recommended.
Go on to facebook and friends with Terraclean uk for updates on who's got/getting it

stephenevans99
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 21:29
That looks incredible BUT does it seem too good to be true.....?

Could be Edd China's version of the George Foreman grill - "Pay me enough & I'll endorse it until I'm dead". James May must've turned them down.

Could be worse, they could have Bernie & Leepu endorsing it on Chop Shop.

Al115
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 21:37
Interesting. How much does a clean cost? Do they suggest after what mileage/kind of driving an engine would benefit most?

stephenevans99
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 21:50
He quotes around £70 depending on engine size.

LiamT4
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 21:51
how does it clean the cat?

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 22:12
looks good,

Rnash2002
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 22:35
Only thinking about this the other day,defo on my list of thing to do when i finaly get back into the t5 volvo :)

y2blade
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 22:43
looks good.

shepbomb
Wednesday 16th May 2012, 23:26
looks interesting

Kingsford G
Thursday 17th May 2012, 03:41
So basically u pay less than u would for just injector cleaning and does it all at onece hah.Sounds good to me.

Chad
Thursday 17th May 2012, 07:32
We have a kit on order.

Will be reporting back after i have had a play with it.

*like a kid waiting for his presents on Christmas morning*

Nealevo
Thursday 17th May 2012, 07:54
We have a kit on order.

Will be reporting back after i have had a play with it.

*like a kid waiting for his presents on Christmas morning*

If you need a demo car to play with, you could use mine, i'm only round the corner :-) lol

Chad
Thursday 17th May 2012, 09:04
If you need a demo car to play with, you could use mine, i'm only round the corner :-) lol

Cool, i let you know when it arrives and i familiarise myself with it.

V70 Graham
Thursday 17th May 2012, 23:27
Right, I'm all booked in for next Wednesday at 1200 :

http://www.performancetuninguk.co.uk/TerraClean_Engine_Decarbonising.html

Quoted £95.00 plus vat for my 2.3 T5 (I think it goes on engine size) will get as much info as possible on the day but if anyone has any questions they would like me to ask let me know.
Will be interesting to see if there is any improvement on my car 1998 T5 58,000 miles, was going to have the injectors cleaned but thought I'd give this a try.

doorman
Friday 18th May 2012, 00:03
Right, I'm all booked in for next Wednesday at 1200 :

http://www.performancetuninguk.co.uk/TerraClean_Engine_Decarbonising.html

Quoted £95.00 plus vat for my 2.3 T5 (I think it goes on engine size) will get as much info as possible on the day but if anyone has any questions they would like me to ask let me know.
Will be interesting to see if there is any improvement on my car 1998 T5 58,000 miles, was going to have the injectors cleaned but thought I'd give this a try.

Give my regards to Jags, he's the owner and a real nice guy, tell him I'm well pleased with the result. (Silver V70 R AWD)

Kingsford G
Friday 18th May 2012, 00:17
I`m sure if a few members do it in one day u can get a discount.

stephenevans99
Friday 18th May 2012, 08:00
In the interest of getting the best from our performance engines, I would like to share the excerpt I recorded from the programme last week, quality may not be to great as I recorded it direct with my video camera.
However, when I saw this I was very impressed with the results shown, so much so, I found a reasonably local company who had invested in this technology and went there last Saturday and had the treatment, I can fully endorse the claims made on the programme, and am highly delighted with the result. For those of you who know the performance of my Volvo in the past will agree it is pretty rapid, this Terraclean treatment has made a tremendous improvement in performance throughout the range and I would claim an increase in economy by 2-3 mpg.
As these machines are rolled out (there are only 5 in the country so far) it is expected to be a yearly thing to consider when having your car serviced. There is also a system designed for diesel engines.
I do have a contact email of the importers who can supply a list of regional operators if any one needs it.

http://youtu.be/wiViPKIoG68 Read further information on the video for location of agent.

This treatment is really exciting stuff and will be well worth doing for the results, but I wonder if Edd's video on the Jag is a bit misleading.

When he starts the Jag, is the engine cold when he sticks it on the EGA that then shows poor emissions? After one hour of running on an increased tickover whilst having the treatment, the CATs on that Jag will be nice and hot and performing properly - I wonder if the amazing results weren't ALL down to the treatment, but the fact that the CAT's were hot and doing their job as opposed to cold and not.

Am I talking out of my pessimistic ar$se ??!!??

Steve

V70 Graham
Friday 18th May 2012, 08:48
Give my regards to Jags, he's the owner and a real nice guy, tell him I'm well pleased with the result. (Silver V70 R AWD)

Will do.

V70 Graham
Friday 18th May 2012, 08:50
.....when he starts the Jag, is the engine cold when he sticks it on the EGA that then shows poor emissions? After one hour of running on an increased tickover whilst having the treatment, the CATs on that Jag will be nice and hot and performing properly - I wonder if the amazing results weren't ALL down to the treatment, but the fact that the CAT's were hot and doing their job as opposed to cold and not.

I'll be sure and give mine a run before dropping it off ;)

zoidberg
Friday 18th May 2012, 12:26
Can any of you wheeler dealears tell me where that Jag was registered on 'nby' ???

Haizum74
Friday 18th May 2012, 13:13
This treatment is really exciting stuff and will be well worth doing for the results, but I wonder if Edd's video on the Jag is a bit misleading.

When he starts the Jag, is the engine cold when he sticks it on the EGA that then shows poor emissions? After one hour of running on an increased tickover whilst having the treatment, the CATs on that Jag will be nice and hot and performing properly - I wonder if the amazing results weren't ALL down to the treatment, but the fact that the CAT's were hot and doing their job as opposed to cold and not.

Steve

No, its the pessimists that do the testing to prove a claim works or not and doesn't accept something as given/fact. Otherwise we would all be munching on sugar pills commonly put under the guise of the pseudoscience that is homeopathy (as an example).

stephenevans99
Monday 21st May 2012, 20:20
Can any of you wheeler dealears tell me where that Jag was registered on 'nby' ???

Thought I had the answer....it turned out to be wrong. The plate is most likely to be a cherished number anyway.

Racebits
Monday 21st May 2012, 20:47

Steve

Gotta admit I was thinking that, once the cats hot it will bring the levels down more. Have to do it on a few of my old cars to get it through the test.

But would consider giving it a go.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 12:31
Well.....

Turned up this morning at 1145 (I like to be on time lol) to be greeted by the mechanic (not Jags) he knew I was booked in as when I approached he said 'Volvo De-Carbon' good start.....or so I thought.
Upon entering the small but very clean garage I saw he was struggling with connecting the Terraclean machine to a BMW M5, 'any chance of popping back about 1400 ?' hmmm.....

Now it may be me, but if they took my phone number as a 'contact' when I booked, surely they should have called to say they were running late.

Arrived back home just now (16 mile round trip) and called Jags, to be fair he was very apologetic, and offered me a discount when I return, this was even before I told him I was here after being recommended by a friend (doorman, who he did remember) and I also told him I was planning to do a full review for the VPCUK forum.

So to sum up, I will be trying to book again when I have a day off, Jags did apologise and offer a discount as a token of goodwill.....maybe I'll call before I leave next time :rolleyes:

M-R-P
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 12:48
Hmmm, not a good start but at least they tried to make up for it. I hope the discount will cover the cost of fueling a T5 for 32 miles (about 6 litres at £1.48 - V-power)
Perhaps thery were having a really hard time with the beemer (who wouldn't) but it would be polite to call. Hopefully this is just a glitch in an otherwise good setup. ;)

timbo
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 18:54
Keep us posted Graham, im very interested in this, as long as it does what it says on the tin, but ive seen stuff like this before thats been all smoke and mirrors!!! Looking forward to your update!

V70 Graham
Wednesday 23rd May 2012, 19:37
.....keep us posted Graham, im very interested in this, as long as it does what it says on the tin, but ive seen stuff like this before thats been all smoke and mirrors!!! Looking forward to your update!

Will do, won't be till I get another day off though, at least the end of next week.

doorman
Thursday 24th May 2012, 23:48
Will do, won't be till I get another day off though, at least the end of next week.
Sorry to hear you had a problem, I guess there through a learning curve at this moment in time. There was a minor problem with mine which they had to overcome in so much on removing fuse for fuel pump, also killed the spark, so in the end had to disconnect fuel pump from the tank, at least they now know what to do with yours.
I guarantee you will definitely feel the difference, plus mpg has shot up by about 3mpg.
David

V70 Graham
Friday 25th May 2012, 16:30
.....there was a minor problem with mine which they had to overcome in so much on removing fuse for fuel pump, also killed the spark, so in the end had to disconnect fuel pump from the tank, at least they now know what to do with yours.....

Thanks for that David, always good to be prepared ;)

doorman
Friday 25th May 2012, 22:57
Thanks for that David, always good to be prepared ;)
Trust you can get booked in again real soon. Hope to see you Sunday at The CB meet, as am looking forward to casting my eye over that lovelly T5 you have there and of course meeting you.

V70 Graham
Saturday 26th May 2012, 14:22
Trust you can get booked in again real soon. Hope to see you Sunday at The CB meet, as am looking forward to casting my eye over that lovelly T5 you have there and of course meeting you.

Hopefully get booked in Thurs/Fri :D

No meet for me this week.....work, work and more work, though I'm sure we'll catch up soon.

V70 Graham
Monday 28th May 2012, 16:51
Just off the phone, all booked in first thing Thursday.....watch this space :biggrin:

Rhys
Monday 28th May 2012, 17:45
Just off the phone, all booked in first thing Thursday.....watch this space :biggrin:

Interesting to hear your findings :)

LeeT5
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 09:23
I emailed Terraclean and they located a garage in Sittingbourne, Kent. This is the nearest to me. I am going to go there today once my car is fixed at the Dealer and have a look. I will grab as much ifo from them as possible and see how the land lies. I am seriously interested in this and its results!

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 18:39
The sceptic in me (brought up on Redex and countless other treatments - ha, and V-Power!) suggests that whilst the system may clean out some of the cack, that in real terms, one may notice no major difference at all. I would invest the money in a Jimka injector clean - which is a measurable, high quality and sensible fix - and buy a few gallons of decent fuel and go for a 100 mile motorway run in 4th gear with the money you have saved. That will clean out all that needs to be shifted in the carbon department IMHO ;)

Harvey
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 20:25
Not long now good luck this time hope that they don't mess you around again.

V70 Graham
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 20:44
Not long now good luck this time hope that they don't mess you around again.

Fingers crossed.....roll on 0900 tomorrow :D

LeeT5
Wednesday 30th May 2012, 20:49
Mine is booked in on June 8th. Spoke to the gent at Swale MOT center in Sittingbourne and he said they have done 6 vehicles so far including his old Ford Transit with 250k on the clock. He said the difference was night and day. He no longer struggles up Detling hill!
If your engine is well looked after and clean then the results will be alot smaller. However, i will be over the moon if i gain a couple of extra horses and 2 0r 3 extra mpg!
Bargain too at £70 + VAT. Total time to do the job is allowing 1.5 - 2 hours.

I will Share the results and i'm quite looking forwards to it.

V70 Graham
Thursday 31st May 2012, 11:41
Right, just finished typing up my project thread with a review of this mornings Terraclean service :

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=505471#post505471

For those of you wanting the short version, I can thoroughly recommend having this done to your car, throttle response is greatly improved along with hopefully a few extra mpg !
There will be a more noticeable benefit to engines that have a few miles on them, mine has 59,000 but I still noticed a difference.
Along with a £20.00 discount for my wasted trip last week I'm a happy bunny today :biggrin:

I want a T5
Thursday 31st May 2012, 12:11
I've not long fitted cleaned injectors.

Is this worth doing so as to clean the rest of the system?

Should one fit a new fuel filter beofre or after the clean?

V70 Graham
Thursday 31st May 2012, 12:21
Is this worth doing so as to clean the rest of the system?

I would say so, it cleans the whole system from the injectors, combustion chamber, oxygen sensors all the way through to the catalytic converter.

Should one fit a new fuel filter beofre or after the clean?

Thats one thing I didn't ask, I would imagine after, maybe give them a call just to check though.

I want a T5
Thursday 31st May 2012, 12:27
Makes me wish I had seen this before having the injectors done. But then again, I have read many times that the only way to REALLY clean the injectors to remove the baked on glaze that is the main problem with injector pattern, is to use the ultrasound method.

Belt and braces approach makes me think both would be good; especially on mine that has just turned 180k miles.

I want a T5
Thursday 31st May 2012, 12:29
I would also add, it would be interesting to see the spray pattern before and after the Terraclean method to see how it directly compares to the more targetted ultrasound method.

V70 Graham
Thursday 31st May 2012, 12:32
I would also add, it would be interesting to see the spray pattern before and after the Terraclean method to see how it directly compares to the more targetted ultrasound method.

That is true, but not really practical for me.....all I can say is I have noticed the improvement driving the car, hope the review helped.

y2blade
Thursday 31st May 2012, 13:03
Mine is booked in on June 8th. Spoke to the gent at Swale MOT center in Sittingbourne and he said they have done 6 vehicles so far including his old Ford Transit with 250k on the clock. He said the difference was night and day. He no longer struggles up Detling hill!
If your engine is well looked after and clean then the results will be alot smaller. However, i will be over the moon if i gain a couple of extra horses and 2 0r 3 extra mpg!
Bargain too at £70 + VAT. Total time to do the job is allowing 1.5 - 2 hours.

I will Share the results and i'm quite looking forwards to it.

Following with interest :)

Aye I know Detling hill...used to have to take a flyer at it in the g/fs Metro

Harvey
Thursday 31st May 2012, 16:35
Sounds like it doing something good .
Glad you are happy with the job.

Kingsford G
Thursday 31st May 2012, 17:06
Looks like a bbetter option than just injector cleaning and only about £20 diff.

V70 Graham
Thursday 31st May 2012, 17:12
Looks like a bbetter option than just injector cleaning and only about £20 diff.

.....and only takes an hour tops, no need to be without the car while you send your injectors off.

I want a T5
Thursday 31st May 2012, 17:45
Certainly a lot of pros and no cons as yet!

LeeT5
Saturday 9th June 2012, 23:01
Ok ladies!
Had my car Terracleaned at Swale MOT center in Sittingbourne and before i start, a BIG thanks to the guys there, especially Phil who worked on my car. Treated my R with kid gloves and did a bloody good job...THANKS:B_thumb:

Firstly we did a 5 point emission check:

CO - 0.00%
CO2 - 15.7%
O2 - 0.05%
HC - 45 ppm
Lambda - 1.001

As for the job...first thing was to locate and remove fuel pump fuse. F33 in o/s fuse box. Fuse pulled, engine running....and running....and running............:worried:..................2 minutes later (were getting concerned now as well as confused).....Finally, she cut out. :)

Terra clean hose connected, canisters charged and unit filled. For some bizarre reason my car would not hold 2500rpm with the foot pedal contraption fitted, it just kept racing away. So i jumped in and tried. It just kept racing away, so i dipped the clutch and blow me she was stable! Weird. Anyway, about 10 minutes or so later the car finally cut out. This was normal as its used up the terraclean fuel.

Fuel pump fuse back in, engine started and allowed to warm back up.

Hooked back onto the analyst machine and end results were:

CO - 0.00%
CO2 - 15.7%
O2 - 0.07%
HC - 6 ppm
Lambda - 1.003

As you can see, Hydro Carbons have come right down meaning the car is burning clean. Not that the HC was high anyway but a dramatic drop none the less. O2 is also up as it should be cos it's burning clean. One thing i will mention is the CO %. Phil said he has never seen a car burn 0.00% CO. He was amazed.

This is proof that not only does it clean your O2 sensors making them react quicker resulting in less fuel used but clearly it has cleaned the catalyst.
God only knows what it done inside the engine but i bet its unbelievably clean!

As for real time driving. WIthin a mile or two i could feel the response was immediate. Improved driveability, pulls harder and no fluctuations in boost. It pulls hard, smooth and faster than before. Gear changes are smoother due to engine rpm maintaining a higher level between gear changes. No change in idle. At the moment i have only seen a 1 mpg decrease in fuel consumption, but over the next week or two i hope to get a much better average....if i can keep my right foot from being buried into the carpet!! OH, how the turbo sings and the exhaust roars!!!!! :biggrin:

t5 pete
Saturday 9th June 2012, 23:08
Brilliant info lee and really glad it has shown signs of improvment

Harvey
Saturday 9th June 2012, 23:12
Just trying to save the planet,R's are environmental after all.

LeeT5
Saturday 9th June 2012, 23:37
Just trying to save the planet,R's are environmental after all.

For at least the last 6 months my mpg has hardly ever crept above 21mpg. At the last look today it was 21.8 and i was driving fast....very fast!

Seriously guys (and gals) the improvement is night and day. I will be making this a regular thing from now on, as part of her yearly service!!

I will post back here in two weeks time and let you all know my ave' mpg then.

Harvey
Sunday 10th June 2012, 01:16
For at least the last 6 months my mpg has hardly ever crept above 21mpg. At the last look today it was 21.8 and i was driving fast....very fast!

Seriously guys (and gals) the improvement is night and day. I will be making this a regular thing from now on, as part of her yearly service!!

What do they say about oil changes before or after its been done.
Harvey

LeeT5
Sunday 10th June 2012, 12:38
What do they say about oil changes before or after its been done.
Harvey

Nothing. I changed my oil about 2 months ago so mine is nice and clean anyway.

Harvey
Sunday 10th June 2012, 15:44

I just filled up my s60R and put in £50 of v power in the trip meter says I've travelled a grand total of 156 miles ,I don't use it much just run around town all local trips.
I think I will get a clean done when there's a local garage to me gets a machine.

doorman
Sunday 10th June 2012, 22:50
Right, just finished typing up my project thread with a review of this mornings Terraclean service :

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=505471#post505471

For those of you wanting the short version, I can thoroughly recommend having this done to your car, throttle response is greatly improved along with hopefully a few extra mpg !
There will be a more noticeable benefit to engines that have a few miles on them, mine has 59,000 but I still noticed a difference.
Along with a £20.00 discount for my wasted trip last week I'm a happy bunny today :biggrin:
Told you so! PS my mpg is up by 3-4 mpg bonus

V70 Graham
Sunday 10th June 2012, 23:21
Told you so! PS my mpg is up by 3-4 mpg bonus

Just back from a 200 jaunt today and I can confirm my car is now giving me around 3 extra mpg :)

LeeT5
Tuesday 12th June 2012, 06:24
I just filled up my s60R and put in £50 of v power in the trip meter says I've travelled a grand total of 156 miles ,I don't use it much just run around town all local trips.
I think I will get a clean done when there's a local garage to me gets a machine.

Have you emailed Terraclean? I did and they emailed me back telling me my nearest garage with a Terraclean machine.

Rhys
Tuesday 12th June 2012, 07:17
Have you emailed Terraclean? I did and they emailed me back telling me my nearest garage with a Terraclean machine.

They are on Facebook as well and will tell you there.

Harvey
Tuesday 12th June 2012, 22:15

Hi have looked on there web site there one in north Devon approx 80 mile,
One in Cornwall 90 mile both a bit to far to go I am sure one will be in Exeter or Plymouth soon.

getcarter1972
Tuesday 12th June 2012, 22:31
have emailed em for info on norfolk/suffolk - and from their website looks like a dealer is in kings lynn or peterborough maybe. anyone know for sure?

LeeT5
Wednesday 13th June 2012, 06:26
All i did was email them with my postcode and they emailed me back with the nearest gargage. I don't suppose their website is updated that often, thou i'd like to think that it is.

getcarter1972
Wednesday 13th June 2012, 18:27
got a mail back from them today - they have a dealer in norwich who can do petrol engines only. i will be booking mine in @ WFC Service Centre
Unit 7 Robberbs Way
Bowthoorpe Industrial Estate
Norwich
NR5 9JF

Tel 01603 271929 or 07796 215348

Speak to Sean Ryder

after i am back from hols in a couple of weeks.

handy for us norfolkians!

960kg
Saturday 16th June 2012, 10:19
This is an interesting read (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/68535-solution-carbon-build-up-terraclean-6.html)if you wait for the pages to load.

Read from Post 57 on page 6 then to 10

Apparently you are better off using BG 44K in the tank to clean the whole fuel system and also Shell Optimax does the same thing over time.

Both these items have the cleaning detergent additive in them.

Note the date, we are so behind in this country.

stephenevans99
Saturday 16th June 2012, 10:43
Superb.... 'these are pictures of a sparks plug before and after' err no, deffo different spark plugs.....FAIL

LeeT5
Saturday 16th June 2012, 19:40
This is an interesting read (http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39-m5-e52-z8-discussion/68535-solution-carbon-build-up-terraclean-6.html)if you wait for the pages to load.

Read from Post 57 on page 6 then to 10

Apparently you are better off using BG 44K in the tank to clean the whole fuel system and also Shell Optimax does the same thing over time.

Both these items have the cleaning detergent additive in them.

Note the date, we are so behind in this country.

They may have 'cleaning detergent additive' in them but ALL fuels from petrol pumps in the UK contain Silicone. It's this very silicone that Terraclean attacks aswell as the carbon build up but primarily it's the build up of silicone deposits on the injector nozzles that prevents the fuel from atomising correctly when injected. This will cause some of the fuel not to be burn't in the combustion chamber thus increasing exhaust temperatures and slowly, over time, causing the catalsyst to lose efficiency. This includes O2 sensors. They get contaminated with silicone and don't react as quickly as when they were new. This will cause an increase in fuel consumption alone.

I've used many an additive in my fuel tanks in the past in many cars and to be honest, i never noticed any difference. This is why i was sceptical about the Terraclean.

Not anymore thou :D I will be booking my car in for another Terraclean before the year is out! The results for me were nothing shy of incredible, bar none.

960kg
Saturday 16th June 2012, 20:17
First of all i ain`t arguing just like to read and see before i do anything as the same as yourself Sittingbourne is just up the road for me, i worked there for 12 years........

I don`t understand the Silicone bit as it says in this article (http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/content/interviews/interview/663/)it is only in Diesel oil and should never ever be in Petrol because the combustion is brought about a different way!!

So Lee, if you have another clean before the year is out that is £170 for the year and if it works there is surely nothing to clean out as we have superb octane fuels in this country which deposit §§§§§§ all......

BG 44K lasted my T4 and my T5 for weeks, you could still feel the instant reaction to the throttle, but this stuff is only £15 a treatment for 12,000miles so really just once per year.

If you manage to get 3mpg more by driving as normal so that you don`t feel any benefit of the treatment then you would have to cover a lot of miles before seeing any money saving that is if the saving of 3mpg is continuous.

Everyone to there own i know but it will cost me as well as £85 for the treatment another £20 for the return journey, so we are at £105 ........

LeeT5
Sunday 17th June 2012, 09:17
So Lee, if you have another clean before the year is out that is £170 for the year and if it works there is surely nothing to clean out as we have superb octane fuels in this country which deposit §§§§§§ all......

I want mine done again as, like i said, we had problems with the throttle control whilst it was carrying out the Terraclean and i only managed to get the car to fast idle correctly midway through the clean. I reckon it didn't make that much difference to the results but either way, i'm getting mine done a second time as initial results were all positive. A second clean won't harm anything and can only do good.

I'm not here to debate about it, i'm here to say that, for me, the results were bloody good, infact they were absolutely astonishing!! (especially the drive home) So much so i even phoned up the garage to thank them again and tell them just how good it was.

You may have got good results from a bottle from Halfords but that would have taken a tank or two of fuel and a gradual improvement. I'm talking about an instant difference, Night and Day, black and white and the biggest smile factor i've had for £84!

So it cost's you £105, so what, you won't regret it. At least you'll see and feel the difference immediately and smile all the way back to Hythe.

Harvey
Sunday 17th June 2012, 12:19
Hi will be getting it done when there's a workshop near me as the feedback is good and let's be honest it can only help the car .

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 17th June 2012, 12:43
I've just enquired for the V40... would be interested in a rolling road session after..

LiamT4
Sunday 17th June 2012, 14:39
I've just enquired for the V40... would be interested in a rolling road session after..

Before and after would be good.

I still don't understand how it cleans the cat.

960kg
Sunday 17th June 2012, 14:55
i don`t understand how this process has taken 6 yrs to get here from the USA, as in the link, perhaps they exhausted the Americans of there $ `s.

To date the best way of removing carbon from the system apart from removing the head was to do it by water. I`m not going to explain the process it as it is explained on another part of these different forums online but it is so simple.

But just think what happens when your head gasket goes and you remove the head to find carbon washed away near the gasket failure area, so there is the proof.

LiamT4
Sunday 17th June 2012, 15:35
They may have 'cleaning detergent additive' in them but ALL fuels from petrol pumps in the UK contain Silicone.

Are you sure? I'v looked and can't see any evidence of petrol containing silicone, in fact from what i'v read even the smallest amounts of it being found in petrol will cause engine problems.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 17th June 2012, 16:45
i don`t understand how this process has taken 6 yrs to get here from the USA, as in the link, perhaps they exhausted the Americans of there $ `s.

To date the best way of removing carbon from the system apart from removing the head was to do it by water. I`m not going to explain the process it as it is explained on another part of these different forums online but it is so simple.

But just think what happens when your head gasket goes and you remove the head to find carbon washed away near the gasket failure area, so there is the proof.

Don't ever think just cos we're in the developed world that technologies would automatically transfer over. In many case we aren't anywhere near other countries in many cases, just take my profession (Nuclear Medicine) The US have more centres and scan more/head of population, do a wider variety of products than I can make anytime soon. Even places in Europe are ahead. Stuff the UK NHS, if I need anything I'll be off to Belgium.

Japan run 4G, we're not likely to get that anytime soon.

This Terraclean stuff is all down to local franchising, if there isn't a market then they ain't going to bring it over.

I'll reserve judgement once mines done..

LeeT5
Sunday 17th June 2012, 18:06
Before and after would be good.

I still don't understand how it cleans the cat.

The same way it cleans everything else!

LiamT4
Sunday 17th June 2012, 20:52
The same way it cleans everything else!

Thats a pointless and wrong answer.

I can easily believe that it can help to clear carbon deposits from the engine as theres an actual physical contact, as its a liquid that is run through the engine (refined fuel is all it says). But as theres no direct contact between the fuel and the cat, the resulting exhaust gasses from the fuel must, somehow be cleaning the cat.

I have watched the video and read a few things about it and nowhere does it explain how it cleans the cat. Because of the lack of any info on that particular matter, i still believe that the most likely cause of the cat being "cleaner" is simply that the engine has been on for a while and the cat has got hot. When the cat is hot it is more efficient.

As i have said, i see how this system could "clean" the engine, but i have not seen any evidence to suggest that it cleans the cat as well, simply that the cat gets hot.

Have you looked up on there being silicone in petrol yet?

960kg
Monday 18th June 2012, 09:43

I can easily believe that it can help to clear carbon deposits from the engine as theres an actual physical contact, as its a liquid that is run through the engine (refined fuel is all it says). But as theres no direct contact between the fuel and the cat, the resulting exhaust gasses from the fuel must, somehow be cleaning the cat.

I have watched the video and read a few things about it and nowhere does it explain how it cleans the cat. Because of the lack of any info on that particular matter, i still believe that the most likely cause of the cat being "cleaner" is simply that the engine has been on for a while and the cat has got hot. When the cat is hot it is more efficient.

As i have said, i see how this system could "clean" the engine, but i have not seen any evidence to suggest that it cleans the cat as well, simply that the cat gets hot.

I am not knocking the product, Yet!, i too just want to understand how it does what is said about it.

I think you are on the right track Liam as you say when really hot the cat is more efficient, as it says the burning of this product makes the engine run a lot hotter (which i don`t like the sound of) for a while and then they show the results again on the screen and although not dramatic results the answer is in the operating temp. of the engine.......if the engine had been that hot for the first reading without using the product the readings may of been the same!

The main reason the car feels much livelier must be because it has burnt the crap off the O2 sensor because of the extra heat, this sensor of course is the main one which tells the ECU how much fuel to mix with the air.

I always do Preventative Maintenance and at 115000mls on my T4 i changed both O2 sensors and the difference in the performance was amazing, the gradual dropping off of performance is only really noticed in MPG which is another reason that it is only the extra heat generated burning this stuff that has cleaned the O2 sensor to give an extra 2/3mpg

I for one will now not be using them now that i understand the treatment more. It says in another video clip that the engine was stopped to cool off as it had been running for 8 minutes at idle, in traffic jams our motors idle for longer than that with no detrimental effect.

I would think the extra heat generated would wear the O2 sensor`s more and they may fail prematurely!

The thing is if we go back to basics or Old School practices, when doing a decoke every 12,000 the carbon was a b*****d to remove even using wire brushes in electric drills and did take a long time to remove, yes, i know we now have cleaner fuels so not so much carbon to remove, but it is still as HARD.........i cannot believe that this carbon can be removed in just 10 minutes of running. This is why i favour the BG44K way more now that i have used it in two motors now. It`s in the tank, cleans the whole fuel system including the carbon in the engine but does it over 400miles which i can more believe.

As said i am still yet not against the treatment although i will not use it, but it will be interesting to read more follow up`s......

LiamT4
Monday 18th June 2012, 16:33
I want it to work, anything that gives you a bit more performance and mpg for around £100 is good.

But for me to get it done to my car i want to know more about it first and theres not actually that much in depth information on it.

If loads of people do it and say that it works (especially if someone where to do a dyno run before and after), then i'll get mine done. I'll let other people be the test cars lol

but i'd still doubt it will clean the cat without seeing a lot more evidence.

LeeT5
Monday 18th June 2012, 22:48

Sorry Liam, i'd had a long day and was not really concentrating. What i mean't to say was....yes it is refined fuel but the cleaning process is not really that the fuel cleans, it's more that one of the cans of fuel is positively charged and the other is negatively charged. (Don't ask me how that works cos i'm not a bio phsisist, nor can i spell it). The two fuels when mixed together cause the carbon and similar polutants to turn to a fine powder rather than a sludge, ie, when you use carb cleaner the carbon turns to liquid but quickly solidifies when the carb cleaner evaporates, making it time consuming to remove carbon. Many people will have commented on that they used a whole can just cleaning the throttle or other dirty parts of the engine. When the carbon is atomized into this dust it is taken away in the normal combustion process and out the exhaust.

The bit i'm unclear on, like yourself, is just how the exhaust catalyst and O2 sensors are cleaned being as they are not in contact with the fuel. My only conclusion is that the bi product of the two fuels mixed must have the same characteristics and cleaning ability as the neat fuel.

Trust me fella, it has nothing to do with the catalyst being hotter on the second test. I'd driven 40 minutes at high speed to get to the garage and he started the first test within 10 minutes of arrival. He also warmed the car back up prior to connecting to the rig.

Bottom line is, it works and to be honest that's all i really care about!

Regards the Silicone...No i have not researched it. I was told this by the garage tech. His actual words were "a form of silicone is found in all petrol at the pumps, despite what the garages tell you".
I have no reason to disbelieve him, nor am i really bothered. Whether it's true or not, the fact is Terraclean worked for me with astounding results and that is all i really care about :wink:.

I only use Shell V-power in my car or Tesco Momentum if if i have a 5p off a liter voucher. Both 99RON fuel.

LeeT5
Monday 18th June 2012, 23:11
Did some research. It would appear that Shell V-power contains the following:

Benzene, CAS # 71-43-2.
Toluene, CAS # 108-88-3.
Ethylbenzene, CAS # 100-41-4.
n-Hexane, CAS # 110-54-3.
Xylene (Mixed Isomers), CAS # 1330-20-7.
Naphthalene, CAS # 91-20-3.
Cyclo-hexane, CAS# 110-82-7.
Tri-methyl-benzene (all isomers), CAS# 25551-13-7.
Dyes and markers can be used to indicate tax status and
prevent fraud.

I do not know if any of these ingredients have a bi product silicone based or whether burning them in a combustion engine produces any form of silica.

Only a Bio Chemist would know...

LeeT5
Monday 18th June 2012, 23:15
V-Power

Petrol or gasoline is assessed, categorised and sold by an octane rating. Generally, in most areas of the world, the Research Octane Number (RON) is used, but in North America, the Anti-Knock Index (AKI) is used. Conventional 'standard' "Premium Unleaded" petrol in the United Kingdom, Europe and Australia has an octane rating of 95 RON, and in North America it is AKI/RdON/PON 91-93 (RON 96–98). However, higher octane "Super Unleaded" - often formulated with higher quality additives, is usually set at around 98 RON in mainland Europe; but this can vary by market. Most oil/petroleum companies now 'market' their own Super Unleaded petrols under a unique name - and the current name for Shell Super Unleaded fuel is "V-Power". Like most Super Unleaded petrols, V-Power also contains higher concentrations of detergents and other additives to help clean the engine and smooth its operation.

In the United Kingdom and Denmark (where Super Unleaded must be a minimum of 97 RON), V-Power has a rating of 99 RON (whereas V-Powers' predecessor Shell Optimax was rated at 98 RON). There is one other 99 RON fuel available in the UK, namely Tesco MOMENTUM99.

In The Netherlands, V-Power has a 95 RON rating, although officials from Shell stated it is effective 97 RON, but classes are limited to 92 RON, 95 RON, 98 RON and 100 RON.[1]

In Germany, all Shell stations offer two varieties of petrol V-Power: Super V-Power, rated at 95 RON, and V-Power Racing 100, rated at 100 RON.

In Greece, most Shell stations offer V-Power Racing, rated at 100 RON. That is also the only petrol type rated at 100 RON throughout the country.

In Australia, from October 2006, Shell and Coles Express re-branded Optimax to V-Power (98 RON). V-Power Racing, the ultra-high performance variant has a rating of 100 RON although Shell have decided to phase out V-Power Racing from 21 July to mid August 2008, instead recommending V-Power[2]. The previously obtainable higher grade V-Power Racing which contained 5% ethanol to boost V-Power's octane rating to 100 RON has now been phased out by Shell due to a "changing market".

In the United States (U.S.), at around 2004, all U.S. Shell gas "Premium" was rebranded as "V-Power". In 2008, Shell in the U.S. launched the new Nitrogen-Enriched Shell V-Power.

In Canada, from June 2005, Shell Canada re-branded Optimax Gold to V-Power.

In Hong Kong, as there is no oil refinery plant located in Hong Kong, Gasoline was imported from Singapore, which is 98 RON. However, V-Power sold in gas stations rumored reach 107 RON (the highest native RON for consumer grade commercial petrol across worldwide). Such figure is not supported by actual test, nor is it confirmed by Shell and which is contradicted from a reading material for Legislators of Legislative Council.[3]

In New Zealand, from 2007, Shell rebranded 95 Premium Unleaded as V-Power. It is still rated at 95 RON.

In Sweden, Shell V-Power was previously 99 RON, but is now been re-branded under the new owner St1 from June 2011 to "Shell V-Power E5" making it 98 RON with a mix of 5% ethanol.[4]

LeeT5
Monday 18th June 2012, 23:19
V-Power Diesel... is Shell's version of an enhanced diesel fuel, similar, say to BPs 'Ultimate Diesel'. Like BP Ultimate Diesel, Shell V-Power Diesel is designed for modern compression-ignition diesel engines, to facilitate enhanced engine performance along with increased engine protection, for more consistent operation and engine longevity.

V-Power Diesel is a blend of regular petroleum-based diesel and synthetic diesel, created using gas to liquids (GTL), along with some extra additives designed to clean the injection system and improve injection pump and injector lubricity.

One characteristic of V-Power diesel is that it is a lot clearer and odourless than normal diesel, mainly due to the synthetic GTL component.

The fuel is slightly less dense than regular diesel so, per volume, the unit energy is actually lower than regular diesel. This is offset, as the fuel tends to ignite more readily (and thus has a higher cetane rating) than regular diesel, and a side benefit of this is that it tends to produce less soot during combustion.

Anecdotal evidence shows that its performance varies depending on how an engine is set up. In most cases, it will make a rough-sounding engine run noticeably smoother, and can also alter the performance characteristics; typically some low-end torque is lost, but performance in the middle of the rev range and above is increased. In some engines however, particularly well-tuned common rail turbodiesels, very little effect can be seen or felt. (That includes all you D3, D5 owners.)

Although the former is true for the European market, Shell also markets a different "premium" diesel in Canada, which they state "Is specially formulated for year-round Canadian weather conditions, with a cetane improver, a de-icer and a corrosion inhibitor." but Shell also states that V-Power diesel will typically have an increased cetane rating of 1 to 2 points over standard diesel, which meets Transport Canada's minimum mandated rating of 40. It also contains no GTL components at all.

Interesting!! :wink:

Harvey
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 06:52
Hi I didn't know about the tesco stuff.
Think I will give them ago as LeeT5 seams to know a bit about fuels well more than me.

In the United Kingdom and Denmark (where Super Unleaded must be a minimum of 97 RON), V-Power has a rating of 99 RON (whereas V-Powers' predecessor Shell Optimax was rated at 98 RON). There is one other 99 RON fuel available in the UK, namely Tesco MOMENTUM99.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 08:57
A lambda sensor is advised to b changed at 100k on normal cars so I`d assume on our cars even earlier.Might b a good idea to do lambda sensor first and then go to terraclean.

Harvey
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 12:15
A lambda sensor is advised to b changed at 100k on normal cars so I`d assume on our cars even earlier.Might b a good idea to do lambda sensor first and then go to terraclean.

That's a couple of hundred pounds ish.?

Al115
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 12:22
That's a couple of hundred pounds ish.?

A shade under £200 delivered for the pair of genuine Bosch items I believe.

Harvey
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 12:27
A shade under £200 delivered for the pair of genuine Bosch items I believe.

I think the pay back for me it's just not worth doing the job,I've not got a small carbon foot print I think I've just have to move up a size !.

960kg
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 13:37
"The bit i'm unclear on, like yourself, is just how the exhaust catalyst and O2 sensors are cleaned being as they are not in contact with the fuel. My only conclusion is that the bi product of the two fuels mixed must have the same characteristics and cleaning ability as the neat fuel.

Trust me fella, it has nothing to do with the catalyst being hotter on the second test. I'd driven 40 minutes at high speed to get to the garage and he started the first test within 10 minutes of arrival. He also warmed the car back up prior to connecting to the rig.

Bottom line is, it works and to be honest that's all i really care about!"

I don`t think you really understand what you are on about, your hot dash to the garage has nothing to do with the heat generated in your engine as when burning the Terraclean stuff. This burns or generates such high temperatures within the engine that it just curls up and blows away the carbon deposit on the O2 sensor,nothing is in contact with the fuel as it is burnt in the combustion chamber at higher temperatures than petrol burning. Have you never decarbonised an engine that has overheated severely, it is the same effect some of the carbon has been literally lifted and curled up on the piston tops........also i don`t understand why you just copy webpages to read when one can go to there own sites and read it. Anyway Lee i thought you were not here for any Debate on the subject??

Regards the Silicone...No i have not researched it
Do you remember a year or more ago cars breaking down on forecourts all over the place and engines damaged due to Silicone being found in petrol refined at one particular depot in the South East. They did apologise after it but cost motorists hundreds of pounds.

[QUOTE=Harvey;514239]Hi I didn't know about the tesco stuff.

Some of the Tesco 99 ron products are biofuels and SOME high performance Volvo`s don`t like it and can give bad running especially the `98 T4

I myself don`t see any point in going to Terraclean AFTER a sensor change, it would probably half it`s working life due to the high running temps. it went through. In any case the improvement in performance just fitting the new sensor may change your mind.

LeeT5
Tuesday 19th June 2012, 23:52
[quote=960kg;514202]

I don`t think you really understand what you are on about, your hot dash to the garage has nothing to do with the heat generated in your engine as when burning the Terraclean stuff. This burns or generates such high temperatures within the engine that it just curls up and blows away the carbon deposit on the O2 sensor,nothing is in contact with the fuel as it is burnt in the combustion chamber at higher temperatures than petrol burning. Have you never decarbonised an engine that has overheated severely, it is the same effect some of the carbon has been literally lifted and curled up on the piston tops........

I myself don`t see any point in going to Terraclean AFTER a sensor change, it would probably half it`s working life due to the high running temps. it went through. In any case the improvement in performance just fitting the new sensor may change your mind.[/I]

Please don't patronise me, i know how a petrol combustion engine works!

I think we are misunderstanding each other on the subject so lets just agree to disagree that i had a great result and you don't want to try it.

I do agree with you about changing O2 sensors then a Terraclean. Although, Terraclean still cleans the combustion chamber and valves so it, IMHO, would still be worth it and not a waste of money.

I would probably Terraclean first, THEN replace both sensors. That way your getting the best of both worlds and it don't get better than that unless you go down the engine strip down route.

Regarding halving the sensors life....well, you don't actually know that so we'll disregard that statement. The fact is O2 sensors are designed to cope with temperatures as high as 900*C so running enriched fuel through your engine for 10 minutes at 2000rpm ain't going to make a blind bit of difference to either of the two sensors, nor any other component for that fact. Do you not think that Terraclean would have done extensive research into that very possibility? If they found any evidence that O2 sensors were degraded or damaged then it would not be on sale in the UK or US. They want to make money not waste it in court getting sued by joe public for a new engine.

960kg
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 09:57
[quote=960kg;514301]

Please don't patronise me, i know how a petrol combustion engine works!

I think we are misunderstanding each other on the subject so lets just agree to disagree that i had a great result and you don't want to try it.

I do agree with you about changing O2 sensors then a Terraclean. Although, Terraclean still cleans the combustion chamber and valves so it, IMHO, would still be worth it and not a waste of money.

I would probably Terraclean first, THEN replace both sensors. That way your getting the best of both worlds and it don't get better than that unless you go down the engine strip down route.

Regarding halving the sensors life....well, you don't actually know that so we'll disregard that statement. The fact is O2 sensors are designed to cope with temperatures as high as 900*C so running enriched fuel through your engine for 10 minutes at 2000rpm ain't going to make a blind bit of difference to either of the two sensors, nor any other component for that fact. Do you not think that Terraclean would have done extensive research into that very possibility? If they found any evidence that O2 sensors were degraded or damaged then it would not be on sale in the UK or US. They want to make money not waste it in court getting sued by joe public for a new engine.

Listen , if you read post the wrong way that is your problem but don`t twist it around to get support from others. I did`nt make a statement about O2 sensors i said "PROBABLY".

Terraclean don`t say how high the temperature of there fuel is burnt at so it may not be that safe if they have to stop the engine halfway through a treatment as in another video.

As you are on this site or even if you were an AA man then of course you know how an engine works.

You said you were not getting into a debate so why answer!!

Last of all you were probably still in your dad`s ballbag when i first took an engine to bits so don`t patronise me either!

LeeT5
Wednesday 20th June 2012, 10:30
:rolleyes: Your probably right.

I can see why you didn't include the "iv'e listened to more engines than you've had hot dinners...." (extracted from my email) statement. You don't actually know that, so makes sense to leave it out. :)

960kg
Thursday 21st June 2012, 16:58
:rolleyes: Your probably right.

I can see why you didn't include the "iv'e listened to more engines than you've had hot dinners...." (extracted from my email) statement. You don't actually know that, so makes sense to leave it out. :)

Hmmmmmm.......bit of a nerve trembler for you.....sorry!

LeeT5
Thursday 21st June 2012, 18:33
Interestingly i returned to the garage today that did my Terraclean and i quizzed them over how it cleans the catalyst. He said the fuel that is used is negatively charged and the carbon is positively charged, naturally. The negatively charged fuel molecules are attracted to the carbon and as they collide the carbon vapourises into a fine dust. This is then drawn out through the exhaust. Its all explained quite nicely if you watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sjZ1wib34w

After watching this video you know as much as i do on the subject.

Redbrick
Friday 22nd June 2012, 08:45
In some engines however, particularly well-tuned common rail turbodiesels, very little effect can be seen or felt. (That includes all you D3, D5 owners.)

Exactly my experience of V-Power derv in my D5. BP Ultimate is in a different league.

S1mon
Thursday 28th June 2012, 23:11
Have any deisel owners had this done yet? My Dad (Doorman) is VERY impressed with the results he had with his R as is everyone else who's tried it, and I'm considering getting the D5 done. The reason I want mine done is I occasionally get a VERY slight 'cough' / hesitation when applying throttle after having held it steady (eg driving at 40mph then squeezing the throttle). I wander if this could be an injector just starting to get a little restricted. If so, the Terraclean should hopefully remedy that and act as a preventative measure.

Kingsford G
Thursday 28th June 2012, 23:26
Have any deisel owners had this done yet? My Dad (Doorman) is VERY impressed with the results he had with his R as is everyone else who's tried it, and I'm considering getting the D5 done. The reason I want mine done is I occasionally get a VERY slight 'cough' / hesitation when applying throttle after having held it steady (eg driving at 40mph then squeezing the throttle). I wander if this could be an injector just starting to get a little restricted. If so, the Terraclean should hopefully remedy that and act as a preventative measure.

Could b yr leads mate.

S1mon
Thursday 28th June 2012, 23:43
Could b yr leads mate.

Think long and hard about that! ;)

Rhys
Thursday 28th June 2012, 23:53
Think long and hard about that! ;)

:doh::rotfl:

LeeT5
Friday 29th June 2012, 03:32
Could b yr leads mate.

:uglyhamme....you donut Kingsford!

....he was referring to his diesel (D5).....If your not going to listen then you can stand in the corner...by yourself. Pay attention laddy!!

S1mon
Friday 29th June 2012, 07:34

....he was referring to his diesel (D5).....If your not going to listen then you can stand in the corner...by yourself. Pay attention laddy!!

Ha ha! Was an easy (ish) mistake to make I guess since I still have my S70 R as my avatar! I really should change that!!

childs3787
Tuesday 24th July 2012, 16:03
I saw this and am very interested however any ideas where these five stations are located?

Andy

Grease Junkies in Bracknell have the system for petrol and Diesel.
had mine done and cost £80 not bad especially as this is the garage owned by Ed China from wheeler Dealers.

LeeT5
Tuesday 14th August 2012, 23:47
UPDATE!

Well ladies it's been two months since my car was Terracleaned and i can now announce that my mpg has increased from 21-22mpg to (Ta ta da da ta da daaaaa!!!!!) 24-25mpg! and my fuel tank range has also increased from 310 miles to 355 miles per tank.

I have had NO running issues at all!

That's all i'm gonna say on the subject as i know it's a topic of hot debate. As they say, proof is in the pudding!

Kingsford G
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 03:52

Thanx charmie I`m not but he is lol http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?44071-Hi

Ha ha! Was an easy (ish) mistake to make I guess since I still have my S70 R as my avatar! I really should change that!!
That was the reason but coul`ve paid more attention tho.Some guys on vwaudi forum done their diesels and did notice an improvement on mpg didn`t mention any power gains as probably driving like carrying a tonn of eggs.

Kingsford G
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 04:17
I myself don`t see any point in going to Terraclean AFTER a sensor change, it would probably half it`s working life due to the high running temps. it went through. In any case the improvement in performance just fitting the new sensor may change your mind.[/I]
Fare point,best thing to do if u replace them monitor the changes or pay half the price and terraclean.

S1mon
Wednesday 15th August 2012, 09:13
UPDATE!

Well ladies it's been two months since my car was Terracleaned and i can now announce that my mpg has increased from 21-22mpg to (Ta ta da da ta da daaaaa!!!!!) 24-25mpg! and my fuel tank range has also increased from 310 miles to 355 miles per tank.

I have had NO running issues at all!

That's all i'm gonna say on the subject as i know it's a topic of hot debate. As they say, proof is in the pudding!

Good to hear Lee, although I had no doubts as my Dad is still over moon with the results on his R. I'm still planning on having mine done, but just haven't pulled my finger out and got it sorted yet...slack!!

LeeT5
Saturday 4th May 2013, 02:44
Had 2nd Terraclean done today. 1 yr later.

Results were as spectacular as the first. HC ppm were down to 3 on live readings.

Car idles smoother, pulls harder and faster, throttle is more responsive yet not as agitated, Engine sounds sweeter. More mpg to follow.

:)

V70 Graham
Saturday 4th May 2013, 17:55
Had 2nd Terraclean done today. 1 yr later.

Results were as spectacular as the first. HC ppm were down to 3 on live readings.

Car idles smoother, pulls harder and faster, throttle is more responsive yet not as agitated, Engine sounds sweeter. More mpg to follow.

:)

Mine was done at the end of May last year, this will be something I will have to look into getting done soon.

1112lewis
Saturday 4th May 2013, 20:31
Found them on bookface, asked for a quote as they are mobile! I hope it makes a difference to mine!

Biff
Saturday 4th May 2013, 21:46
Very interested in this. Wonder if there is a stockist near me. Google!

stephenevans99
Saturday 4th May 2013, 22:12
Very interested in this. Wonder if there is a stockist near me. Google!

There's a place in Wigan....only 45 minutes away. I'm thinking about giving the D5 a go.

Linky (http://www.wg-tuning.co.uk/)

Biff
Saturday 4th May 2013, 22:20
That's close enough with a nice motorway journey on the way back. Think I will be giving it a go once its 100%.
I've read good results for petrol & Diesel engines. I had good results off that 10k boost kit you used to be able to buy in 2 cans. It made a noticeable difference but terra clean is far more advanced.

S1mon
Saturday 4th May 2013, 22:35
I had my D5 done a few months back. Not made much difference to MPG (perhaps a small improvement) but the engine idles and runs much smoother and quiter and is definitely more punchy and responsive!!

My car is ALWAYS run on V-Power Diesel which has a lot of cleaners in it so that may contribute to the lack of MPG gain. Others may get a noticeable gain. I'll certainly be making it an annual treatment though. Keep meaning to get the RS Roadster booked in!

c70geoff
Saturday 4th May 2013, 22:58
https://www.facebook.com/Terraclean

abdul
Friday 17th May 2013, 11:03
had mu v70 awd laser done at a place in wigan very nice garage . the car is quieter compared to before not noticed any improvement on mpg or on throtle response just quieter

Kingsford G
Friday 17th May 2013, 12:56
had mu v70 awd laser done at a place in wigan very nice garage . the car is quieter compared to before not noticed any improvement on mpg or on throtle response just quieter

U need to put yr foot down;) or give it to frankie for North weld run

abdul
Friday 17th May 2013, 15:24
U need to put yr foot down;) or give it to frankie for North weld run

if i did it probly wouldnt stay in one piece

Kingsford G
Friday 17th May 2013, 15:54
if i did it probly wouldnt stay in one piece

But would benefit alot of other members cars cos he`s good at braking R`s lol

LeeT5
Monday 23rd December 2013, 14:41
Now I had my Turbo replaced (due to leaking oil seals) I decided to have my car Terracleaned again. After all, the leaking oil would have been contaminating everything that the fuel would come into contact with and it would have been also contaminating my O2 sensors and catalyst.

So here is my car on the machine:

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Phase%202%20V70R%20AWD/IMG_1880_zps6a6a121e.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/LeeT5/media/Phase%202%20V70R%20AWD/IMG_1880_zps6a6a121e.jpg.html)

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Phase%202%20V70R%20AWD/bca5490a-3124-47f9-9af8-8f59a3151d89_zpsbb5cd83f.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/LeeT5/media/Phase%202%20V70R%20AWD/bca5490a-3124-47f9-9af8-8f59a3151d89_zpsbb5cd83f.jpg.html)

...and here are the all important results:

Before:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Phase%202%20V70R%20AWD/IMG_1883_zps1ae1e4a0.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/LeeT5/media/Phase%202%20V70R%20AWD/IMG_1883_zps1ae1e4a0.jpg.html)

After:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/LeeT5/Phase%202%20V70R%20AWD/IMG_1882_zpsf8e89d78.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/LeeT5/media/Phase%202%20V70R%20AWD/IMG_1882_zpsf8e89d78.jpg.html)

Ignore the oil temp reading as that part of the emissions test was not plugged in. The engine was at operating temperature as I'd just driven it for 35 minutes.

I think the results speak for themselves! Only 3ppm (part per million) Hydrocarbons. For the record, the first result of 41ppm is considered 'Clean'!

:smile: The drive home was a pleasure and I could once again feel the difference it made. With no leaking Turbo and a very recent oil change, it should now stay clean for a very long time.

graemewelch
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:09
i might get mine down in the new year once ive had my turboo refurbed

stephenevans99
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:14
It'd be interesting to dyno a car before and then after a treatment....see if there are any gains.

graemewelch
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:21
It'd be interesting to dyno a car before and then after a treatment....see if there are any gains.

itll do your car the world of good. ive witnessed what comes out of your exhaust lol

stribo
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:44
The first MOT we had done on our R came out at 0 ppm HC, can't get much cleaner than that. ;)

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 16:55
There was an article on 5th Gear (i think) which showed even injector cleaner in tank got 10bhp back under dyno testin. I stick a gallon of methanol in my FTO every fill, which also works well but need to be super-careful it diluted well or pipes/seals tend to melt.

M-R-P
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:28
The first MOT we had done on our R came out at 0 ppm HC, can't get much leaner than that. ;)

corrected for you ;)

LeeT5
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:29
There was an article on 5th Gear (i think) which showed even injector cleaner in tank got 10bhp back under dyno testin. I stick a gallon of methanol in my FTO every fill, which also works well but need to be super-careful it diluted well or pipes/seals tend to melt.

Yes, it was a red VW Corrado VR6. Just using the bottle of injector cleaner gained 10bhp, when they did a full service on it it gained about 5bhp (from memory). Of course , those gains are all relative to standard bhp in the first place. The more powerful a car, the more BHP (theoretically) you'll gain.

Long and short of it is, if you Terraclean a car for the first time, IMHO the difference is astounding. Even thou my car has done 134k I can still feel the difference. I even noticed it has cleaned of the inside of my tail pipes! They were wet with oily soot, yet after the terraclean, the inside of the pipes was dry and a gray colour. When I wiped it, hardly any residue came off onto my fingers. Imagine how clean my catalyst must be!? :rolleyes:

LeeT5
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:36
For those still scepticle, read this first thread:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=3505491

If you watch these videos, you'll learn how it works:

http://terraclean.net/news.php

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:36
Yes, it was a red VW Corrado VR6. Just using the bottle of injector cleaner gained 10bhp, when they did a full service on it it gained about 5bhp (from memory). Of course , those gains are all relative to standard bhp in the first place. The more powerful a car, the more BHP (theoretically) you'll gain.

Long and short of it is, if you Terraclean a car for the first time, IMHO the difference is astounding. Even thou my car has done 134k I can still feel the difference. I even noticed it has cleaned of the inside of my tail pipes! They were wet with oily soot, yet after the terraclean, the inside of the pipes was dry and a gray colour. When I wiped it, hardly any residue came off onto my fingers. Imagine how clean my catalyst must be!? :rolleyes:

It does look really good. I asked a bloke in Birmingham but they wanted £125 for over 2 litre so just took off inlet and emptied couple bottles carb cleaner and ran a methanol mix.

Difference was still impressive but cost under 20 quid.

Good to hear someone tried and recs it tho. If price drops to under 80 I would get it done. Runnin on LPG keeps things pretty clean tho.

stephenevans99
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:49
itll do your car the world of good. ive witnessed what comes out of your exhaust lol

Well that's your fault for not being able to overtake...I'll back off next time and let you pass ;)

LeeT5
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:51
It does look really good. I asked a bloke in Birmingham but they wanted £125 for over 2 litre so just took off inlet and emptied couple bottles carb cleaner and ran a methanol mix.

Difference was still impressive but cost under 20 quid.

Good to hear someone tried and recs it tho. If price drops to under 80 I would get it done. Runnin on LPG keeps things pretty clean tho.

That's a rip off mate!!

My local Terraclean agent does my 2.5 litre for £95 inc VAT. I paid cash, so he only charged me £80!!

It pays to shop around.

bongodave
Monday 23rd December 2013, 17:53
That's a rip off mate!!

My local Terraclean agent does my 2.5 litre for £95 inc VAT. I paid cash, so he only charged me £80!!

It pays to shop around.

That's what I thought, but this only guy within 50 miles. For 80 quid, I would do it too as remember seeing the results on the Jag with Wheelers.

sh0wtime
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 23:03
Terraclean advise the people who have their machines that they should charge £90 plus vat for petrol under 2 litre & diesel under 3 litre, and £105 plus vat for the bigger engines. thats the RRP they say you should charge. they were quite adamant that's what it should be sold at so the brand wasn't "devalued" by backstreet discount garages also selling part worn tyres!
i always ask people who have it done to call me back & let me know, good or bad. so far those who have called back all report a "drive away difference" with smoother idle, quicker response & often a modest improvement with the mpg.
i'm going to try & get a scope to look inside an engine & cat before & after, just for my own curiosity :)

Kingsford G
Wednesday 8th January 2014, 23:35
Don`t seen to find a local mobile guy who does it.

LeeT5
Thursday 9th January 2014, 00:01
Mobile?

This isn't something that is easily done out the back of a van.
Has to be done with mot facility to check emissions.

sh0wtime
Thursday 9th January 2014, 00:01
does it have to be mobile? surely if it was local you could just go there?.... :)

Kingsford G
Thursday 9th January 2014, 00:08
does it have to be mobile? surely if it was local you could just go there?.... :)

Of course I would,the closes one is about 40miles but don`t get time off work during a week.

sh0wtime
Thursday 9th January 2014, 00:32
i know the feeling. i'm in before 8 in the morning & often don't leave much before 7pm...
every other Saturday 8 til 2 (usually more like 3) pm as well...
just never seem to get a chance to do anything...

M-R-P
Thursday 9th January 2014, 00:37
Not putting the system down, I've seen the results 1st hand and it does work but with higher mileage cars, there's a far bigger improvement with a simple injector refurb and a dose of red-ex.

sh0wtime
Thursday 9th January 2014, 01:02
Redex! maybe 30 years ago. if you want a "pour in" additive try something like a BG 44K ;)

M-R-P
Thursday 9th January 2014, 01:08
Redex! maybe 30 years ago. if you want a "pour in" additive try something like a BG 44K ;)

The redex is merely to have a crack at the valves etc. The difference made by a set of clean injectors on these engines is bordering on unbelievable. Mine gained 6-8 mpg and a lot more throttle response and top-end torque. I know of a fair few owners who will say the same.
For all the big turbos, remaps, RIP kits etc, injectors are often overlooked. They have filters which clog and solenoids that get coked-up and slow down. Correct cleaning on functioning injectors makes a world of difference, especially those with 100+k on them (there's a lot of them when it comes to volvos.

sh0wtime
Thursday 9th January 2014, 01:26
yeah i know what you mean but redex is still popular because of nostalgia & the fact that people consider using anything in their fuel is "giving it a shot of redex"
personally i'd rather go with something made specifically for modern engines & fuels ;)
looking at the ingredients in redex i can't see any PEA which is the "active" ingredient in all of the effective cleaners (although at varying concentrations depending on brand)
anything that you can just walk into a shop & buy is a low strength version of the decent additives like BG or even Forte..
but then if it's working for you then it is working for you..

if you get some time try phoning the number for the UK importers for BG products & ask to speak to somebody technical..
after a while you might wish you hadn't but the people behind it are full on petrochemists who are starting at molecular level!
not just a bit of naptha & benzine with some red dye.. [/tongue in cheek]

i am still on the fence as far as Terraclean goes as i haven't actually seen or experienced the difference first hand, however i keep getting good feedback from people who have it done...

M-R-P
Thursday 9th January 2014, 01:32
Like i say, the redex is only a suggestion to do the rest of the inlet system, to go with the clean injectors. I didn't use an additive when I fitted the cleaned injectors and still haven't. There's a redex injector variant that's been proven to increase fuel economy and performance but not had a go with mine. I have however, used Carplan Injector cleaner (yellow/green stuff) in my 17 year old starlet with vague improvements in the feel of the engine but it's a 1.3 auto so there's no such thing as performance there lol.

sh0wtime
Thursday 9th January 2014, 01:42
well for what it costs its worth a try :)
sorry, i don't mean to be argumentative & i'm not up for a row but at work when we get these old boys coming in with running problems & about 3 lines into the conversation they say things like "it should be sweet as a nut as i give it a shot of redex every time i fill up" or "once she dropped a pot i whacked some redex in but she's still the same" it truly is a rolleyes here we go again moment lol
i guess that might be why i'm a tad prejudiced against it as a brand..

M-R-P
Thursday 9th January 2014, 08:19
well for what it costs its worth a try :)
sorry, i don't mean to be argumentative & i'm not up for a row but at work when we get these old boys coming in with running problems & about 3 lines into the conversation they say things like "it should be sweet as a nut as i give it a shot of redex every time i fill up" or "once she dropped a pot i whacked some redex in but she's still the same" it truly is a rolleyes here we go again moment lol
i guess that might be why i'm a tad prejudiced against it as a brand..

No need to apologise mate, there's nothing wrong with a healthy discussion ;) There's only a few additives I'm aware of and I don't use them on the volvo. With 208k miles on the clock, I don't feel compelled to start adding stuff to the fuel - it's lasted this long without it.

I know people who still use EasyStart!!! bloody heroine for engines :(

Gold 'N' Brown
Thursday 9th January 2014, 13:15
Martin, have you made any progress on setting up your injector cleaning service? I definitely want to do mine at some stage as I still don't feel I'm getting the economy I should be (but then there are other problems still to address too, like the PCV).

M-R-P
Thursday 9th January 2014, 13:19
errrr....

PM coming your way...

:shifty:

Jimmie
Thursday 9th January 2014, 16:38
Just put 2 stroke oil in as it work ok in a tractor. :smile:

RollingThunder
Monday 3rd February 2014, 08:08
Has anyone tried this on a higher mileage car? My newly acquired V70R has 172k up now and while its possibly the sweetest and quietest T5 engine I've had, it struggled to get through the MoT last time around due to emissions so I'm thinking of giving the Terraclean a go... but I'm a bit concerned about cleaning all the cr@p off the valve seats and potentially making things worse???

Nealevo
Monday 3rd February 2014, 10:03
i had it done on mine at 188k and the difference was ....... minimal, the numbers went down a bit but not as much as they were expecting, it just depends how looked after tyhe engine is, i suggest a stage zero tune instead and go from there.

jamesy12345
Monday 3rd February 2014, 10:19
Has anyone tried this on a higher mileage car? My newly acquired V70R has 172k up now and while its possibly the sweetest and quietest T5 engine I've had, it struggled to get through the MoT last time around due to emissions so I'm thinking of giving the Terraclean a go... but I'm a bit concerned about cleaning all the cr@p off the valve seats and potentially making things worse???

172k maybe cat or lambda sensors are struggling to keep the emissions within limits?? My '98 V70R needed replacements for these items but that was probably due to a remap without an exhaust to match.

I'm not convinced about Terraclean either although I don't think it will hurt anything if you don't mind spending the money....cheaper than a cat anyway!

RollingThunder
Monday 3rd February 2014, 12:23
Thanks for that. Yeah I'm going to stage 0 it anyway - some of the vacuum hoses look a bit past their best and to be honest I always do it to a new car anyway. Far better to do the work as a preventative measure than to be forever making running repairs and falling out of love with it! New tyres arrived a few hours ago, so thats one job down. Stage 0 then LPG service and full brake overhaul next...

LeeT5
Monday 3rd February 2014, 19:13

As Jamesy said, your O2 sensors are probably struggling. Mine were too and mines done 135k. If the O2 sensors don't react quick enough then they won't bring the emissions down quick enough when they come off fast idle to idle test and the Lambda has to be within tolerance within 30 secs. Mine struggled but a Terraclean really helped.
I am going to replace both my O2 sensors this year and the CAT with a 200 cell. That should massively improve things.

If your concerned about cleaning the carbon off the valves, don't be! It's a modern day fuel injected car with high emissions control, not a MK1 Ford cortina!! Trust me, your valves will be clean anyway and what little carbon build up there may be, if removed, will do the engine a world of good. :redface: A Terraclean won't make things worse.

tichai
Monday 3rd February 2014, 19:40
I had this done on my car, C70 even though it has only done 45k on the basis I hadn't seen anything bad about the treatment.

During the treatment the car was revved to 1500rpm for the duration and about 2 thirds of the way through there was a definite change to the engine note (the car was already warm before starting) and it sounded distinctly smoother.

Whether it improves petrol consumption or not I couldn't say as I don't care about economy, if it needs petrol, I fill it up :D

RollingThunder
Tuesday 4th February 2014, 06:59
Thanks again guys, looks like its a no brainer then ;) Another job added to the list

Slrmoco
Tuesday 4th February 2014, 21:01
Sam it was only the MAF that packed in while on the emission test
Saffy MAF fitted and straight away all cream and mint
That car needs no terra clean or whatsoever
Don't waste ya money lol

RollingThunder
Wednesday 5th February 2014, 07:16
Thanks Seb. MAFs gone again so I'm going to get a new Bosch one. Not a problem, I always expected to do a full Stage 0 on it anyway - its just me ;) Going to renew all the vacuum hoses too as one split at the weekend. Some look fairly recent but some of the more awkward ones look original lol.

Harvey
Sunday 26th April 2015, 13:29
Just wondering if anyone had It done recently or not, or was it just a flash in the pan.

LeeT5
Sunday 26th April 2015, 14:58
Had mine done twice. Noticeable results every time. Not flash in pan as I'll be doing it again next year.

960kg
Sunday 26th April 2015, 15:46
In my own opinion only.......Terraclean is a total waste of £126 or whatever and removes ALL carbon including carbon that should not be removed down amongst the rings which helps to seal for better compression. Why does one think that it is no longer necessary to clean spark plugs for 30,000 mls ...because there is hardly any carbon to clean off the plugs which is why they developed iridium plugs etc. for longevity...

If the motor is used by a fuddy duddy which it won`t on this forum then ok get it done as town and slow running will tend to carbon up the rings more and can if unlucky stop the rings from any movement which will lose compression!

But having said the above the modern fuels we have now do not lend themselves to accumulating carbon as they burn with virtually no carbon build up as used to be the case. Shell Nitro has additives which clean the carbon away so why Terraclean if one has a performance engine and has to use Shell Nitro 98 ron.....just shows what owners know about what they do with the running of there motors.

I am not a clever git just logical and is all there for to see.....

Terraclean just have a good sales and advertising pitch which attracts the lesser knowledgable mechanic!....and also makes people inquisitive and bite.....ok...so if you are the home family man with 0.2kids and just the family low performance Ford and you have a penpushers job then go to Terraclean if you think it may solve yours problems in there adds...

Any engine runs smoother with an additive cleaner including STP and some other well known brands as so it will being on the Terraclean machine with there bottle of stuff being burnt but also it is burnt at a far higher temperature than the engine is usually run at!!

On the talk about O2 sensors ...they should be replaced as said by the manufacturers any time between 60,000 and 100,000 mls, if you get to 100,000 then your lucky they haven`t faltered but after that they are well past there best for reaction time and and if both are changed at the same time (as they wear at the same rate) then extra performance will easily surpass the Terraclean operation and will give better mpg all round ....so logic says spend the money on the sensors!

But as i always say ...Each to his own!

Reviews....... (http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/100867-terraclean-price-does-work.html)

stephenevans99
Sunday 26th April 2015, 16:56
Had my 100K S60 D5 treated to a Terraclean at the Gaydon event recently....

The morning journey to Gaydon returned 48.4mpg over 170 miles sat at 70mph, whilst the exact journey home after the Terraclean treatment returned 51.2mpg. Not a massive improvement but definately noticeable imo.

LeeT5
Monday 27th April 2015, 14:01
In my own opinion only.......Terraclean is a total waste of £126 or whatever and removes ALL carbon including carbon that should not be removed down amongst the rings which helps to seal for better compression. Why does one think that it is no longer necessary to clean spark plugs for 30,000 mls ...because there is hardly any carbon to clean off the plugs which is why they developed iridium plugs etc. for longevity...

If the motor is used by a fuddy duddy which it won`t on this forum then ok get it done as town and slow running will tend to carbon up the rings more and can if unlucky stop the rings from any movement which will lose compression!

But having said the above the modern fuels we have now do not lend themselves to accumulating carbon as they burn with virtually no carbon build up as used to be the case. Shell Nitro has additives which clean the carbon away so why Terraclean if one has a performance engine and has to use Shell Nitro 98 ron.....just shows what owners know about what they do with the running of there motors.

I am not a clever git just logical and is all there for to see.....

Terraclean just have a good sales and advertising pitch which attracts the lesser knowledgable mechanic!....and also makes people inquisitive and bite.....ok...so if you are the home family man with 0.2kids and just the family low performance Ford and you have a penpushers job then go to Terraclean if you think it may solve yours problems in there adds...

Any engine runs smoother with an additive cleaner including STP and some other well known brands as so it will being on the Terraclean machine with there bottle of stuff being burnt but also it is burnt at a far higher temperature than the engine is usually run at!!

On the talk about O2 sensors ...they should be replaced as said by the manufacturers any time between 60,000 and 100,000 mls, if you get to 100,000 then your lucky they haven`t faltered but after that they are well past there best for reaction time and and if both are changed at the same time (as they wear at the same rate) then extra performance will easily surpass the Terraclean operation and will give better mpg all round ....so logic says spend the money on the sensors!

But as i always say ...Each to his own!

Reviews....... (http://www.civinfo.com/forum/engines-transmission/100867-terraclean-price-does-work.html)

With respect Keith, the OP's original Question was for those that have had their car Terracleaned, not for those that haven't! :)

LeeT5
Monday 27th April 2015, 14:03
Had my 100K S60 D5 treated to a Terraclean at the Gaydon event recently....

The morning journey to Gaydon returned 48.4mpg over 170 miles sat at 70mph, whilst the exact journey home after the Terraclean treatment returned 51.2mpg. Not a massive improvement but definately noticeable imo.

In my book, an extra 3 mpg IS a big improvement! :biggrin:

960kg
Monday 27th April 2015, 14:57
With respect Keith, the OP's original Question was for those that have had their car Terracleaned, not for those that haven't! :)

With respect also Lee.........the title of the thread is about the Terraclean system and if you read all the posts it is a discussion about the process, which i just happened to give my own opinion....Lol

In my book, an extra 3 mpg IS a big improvement! :biggrin:

With more respect ...you may be an AA man which in this modern world of cars you just generally collect and deliver motors to garages because of there nature.....but the extra miles per gallon on the info centre do actually mean what is based on what is left in the tank and not just what the engine has consumed!.....whats more these figures would be well surpassed by new O2 sensors...been there done it...in fact any one can get another 3mpg by simply just going onto cruise control....Lol

So please just let me have my own opinion instead of you knocking every ones elses posts as you usually do if you disagree...this is forum used by many and not just yourself......live and let live!

If you read all these posts in these pages you are the only one that rates or gets orgasms about Terraclean....funny that or do you just have to justify spending your money on a mistake!......however this process is more akin to high mileage older engines that may or may not get more benefit!....but to me the higher the mileage the more important that there should be some carbon in the engine to keep it quiet and for performance that these modern burnt fuels do with a limited amount.

Lastly......i don`t understand your logic as with over 300bhp you have to be on Shell Nitro 98ron which contains cleaning additives , so you are literally throwing money out the exhaust pipe with Terraclean!

LeeT5
Monday 27th April 2015, 18:06
With respect also Lee.........the title of the thread is about the Terraclean system and if you read all the posts it is a discussion about the process, which i just happened to give my own opinion....Lol

With more respect ...you may be an AA man which in this modern world of cars you just generally collect and deliver motors to garages because of there nature.....but the extra miles per gallon on the info centre do actually mean what is based on what is left in the tank and not just what the engine has consumed!.....whats more these figures would be well surpassed by new O2 sensors...been there done it...in fact any one can get another 3mpg by simply just going onto cruise control....Lol

So please just let me have my own opinion instead of you knocking every ones elses posts as you usually do if you disagree...this is forum used by many and not just yourself......live and let live!

If you read all these posts in these pages you are the only one that rates or gets orgasms about Terraclean....funny that or do you just have to justify spending your money on a mistake!......however this process is more akin to high mileage older engines that may or may not get more benefit!....but to me the higher the mileage the more important that there should be some carbon in the engine to keep it quiet and for performance that these modern burnt fuels do with a limited amount.

Lastly......i don`t understand your logic as with over 300bhp you have to be on Shell Nitro 98ron which contains cleaning additives , so you are literally throwing money out the exhaust pipe with Terraclean!

Well that just goes to show how much you really don't know.

S70T5Chris
Monday 27th April 2015, 18:44
I will say this. I don't know ££££ about Terraclean, but it strikes me as another super dooper snake oil product that more than likely causes a really good placebo effect for whoever just shelled out the hundred quid or whatever it costs. But that's just my uninformed opinion. I may be utterly wrong. What evs.

I will also say this. Keith, WTF are you on? What the ££££ makes you think that you can continually attack someone for having a job that you clearly feel is beneath you? Grow up, you sad, pathetic, bitter old man.

960kg
Monday 27th April 2015, 19:00
I will also say this. Keith, WTF are you on? What the ££££ makes you think that you can continually attack someone for having a job that you clearly feel is beneath you? Grow up, you sad, pathetic, bitter old man.

At least i do not get personal like your attack on me and others i dare not mention!......i suppose your another member of the clicky, clicky brigade that cannot read properly as well.....

I am not demeaning his job as you so politely put it!........but as he is an AA man then he knows enough to know better what he posts or writes....he always gives the impression that he has just come out of Uni and needs experience!....he always has to be correct in his manner and his criticism of fellow members.

Harvey
Monday 27th April 2015, 20:43
Starting to think I shouldn't have asked .:mischievo

jamesy12345
Monday 27th April 2015, 21:06
Starting to think I shouldn't have asked .:mischievo

:lol: did any of the bitching above help you decide? I'm not convinced yet....

Harvey
Monday 27th April 2015, 21:36
:lol: did any of the bitching above help you decide? I'm not convinced yet....

I think the best thing is to drive there approx 2 mile ,Have it done then I can drive back and see if there is any change by the time I get back home.:B_steerin

at the very least my wallet will be a bit lighter.

jamesy12345
Monday 27th April 2015, 21:38
I think the best think is to drive there approx 2 mile ,Have it done then I can drive back and see if there is any change by the time I get back home.:B_steerin

at the very least my wallet will be a bit lighter.

Yeah but what if they put some sort of octane booster in there so it 'feels' better just after....))

Harvey
Monday 27th April 2015, 21:40
Yeah but what if they put some sort of octane booster in there so it 'feels' better just after....))

But I put in shell V Power so there.

jamesy12345
Monday 27th April 2015, 21:52
But I put in shell V Power so there.

hmmm how can you argue with Ed China though...he really rates it looking at this video...it's almost as if he was paid to do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByV8y1mPv7k

LiamT4
Tuesday 28th April 2015, 18:06
From what i've read it seems to work better on low mileage cars and those that do short journeys, on cars that tend to do longer commutes for example, it doesn't make much difference.

Make of that, what you will..... lol

don kalmar union
Wednesday 29th April 2015, 11:54
A ridiculous pantomime for which you pay dearly.

You can 'self administer' identical products that will give you 'some' benefits in a fraction of the time at far less cost

A rip off.... PERIOD.

Don.

Biff
Wednesday 29th April 2015, 14:48
I might sound a bit stupid here but does terraclean do the breathing side of things ie the pcv etc or is it just the fuelling side of things?
With regards to it being pumped around the engine would it be advisable to have an oil change after it as i cant see it doing any good when it passes the rings down the bores & into the oil.
I've not used it myself but I know a few that have & they have been impressed by results. Not sure I would be happy using it on my 178k engine though.
Colin (claymore) was telling me about sea foam, would this not be a better product to use & have some money left in the back pocket?

claymore
Wednesday 29th April 2015, 14:57
This is during a Sea Foam treatment :) It did cure my sticky tappet for a few weeks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYDRqmGRx6s