PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear, clock going backwards, and today my trip reset!

Liddo
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 18:27
Oh well, its getting closer to the time that my clocks will need repairing, the clocks been going backwards intermitantly for a week or so, and today my trip reset! Damn, i wanted to see how much i was gonna get to my first full tank :D

Oh well, ive found this place on Ebay, so they'll be getting my £60 very soon :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-Instrument-Cluster-Repair-Service-Cheapest-on-Ebay?item=120900063789&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8298476788332271563

I could ask for a forum discount if enough need the repair doing :D

stephenevans99
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 19:00
Good find Paul.

Looking through his feedback, he seems successful repairing DIM's, throttle modules & RTI's. Perhaps he'll offer a forum discount if you get him on here.

Yosser
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 19:27

He already does it cheaper if you contact him via the VOC forum ;)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=143579

Got my DIM repaired by him a couple of months ago. Fast service and it works 100% now.

local-looney
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 19:31
Oh well, its getting closer to the time that my clocks will need repairing, the clocks been going backwards intermitantly for a week or so, and today my trip reset! Damn, i wanted to see how much i was gonna get to my first full tank :D

Oh well, ive found this place on Ebay, so they'll be getting my £60 very soon :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-Instrument-Cluster-Repair-Service-Cheapest-on-Ebay?item=120900063789&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8298476788332271563

good find,i recall other forum members have used this service with good results!! yours a d5 by any chance????????

local-looney
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 19:43
He already does it cheaper if you contact him via the VOC forum ;)

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=143579

Got my DIM repaired by him a couple of months ago. Fast service and it works 100% now.

beat me...lol

M-R-P
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 20:15
I'm staying outa this thread!

:(

local-looney
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 20:49
i'm staying outa this thread!

pmsl!!!!

Liddo
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 20:59
good find,i recall other forum members have used this service with good results!! yours a d5 by any chance????????

Jesus, bit harsh isnt it. Not EVERYONE has been around here that long, so it might be new to Steve.

IF its been used by a few on here, why hasnt someone sticky'd it or put a post in the Traders section to help people out??? Its such a common problem (not JUST of D5's) that it should have its own sticky, especially if the guy does good work

No??

local-looney
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 21:05
Jesus, bit harsh isnt it. Not EVERYONE has been around here that long, so it might be new to Steve.

IF its been used by a few on here, why hasnt someone sticky'd it or put a post in the Traders section to help people out??? Its such a common problem (not JUST of D5's) that it should have its own sticky, especially if the guy does good work

No??

i heard about this on here,been havin a nose and he is certainly a lot cheaper than the usuals,clusters uk,bba reman etc

didnt mean to sound harsh,if thats the way it come across.....

Harvey
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 21:11
I'm staying outa this thread!

Hi have you had a problem with these!!!!!!!!!!!
Ps have watched the video!:duck:

M-R-P
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 21:29
Hi have you had a problem with these!!!!!!!!!!!
Ps have watched the video!:duck:

Yep, 735 quid of poblem. But at least i got a new one rather than a fixed one, or worse, a second hand reprogrammed one that could fail at any time.

My thread named "is it worthit" (same spelling) has some waffle regarding the situation.

Harvey
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 21:35
I am sure you must throught is it worth it ,but you bit the bullet and now what you have done its not same motor, looking good credit to you keep it up.
Ps see you Sunday at Haynes

Liddo
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 21:38
i heard about this on here,been havin a nose and he is certainly a lot cheaper than the usuals,clusters uk,bba reman etc

didnt mean to sound harsh,if thats the way it come across.....

Yeah, it did a bit as like i said, not everyone has been around here for long and may of missed a thread or two.

Anyway, looking at his feedback, Im going to go and get him to do it. What pee's me off, is that im good with a soldering iron, just to lazy to go out and buy a fine tipped one and a magnifying glass ;) Oh well, its only money :D

Im going to try a sticky aswell, there'll be LOADS of us needing this thanks to the crap solder. Surely Volvo should sort this out?? Gits! :D

Liddo
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 21:39
I am sure you must throught is it worth it ,but you bit the bullet and now what you have done its not same motor, looking good credit to you keep it up.
Ps see you Sunday at Haynes

And by the time you've replaced all the bits, it'll be like a new motor! Im starting to know the feeling :D

M-R-P
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 22:22
And by the time you've replaced all the bits, it'll be like a new motor! Im starting to know the feeling :D

Lol.
Tranny flush,
Diskspads,
Dim,
Wishbone bushes,
Shocks,
Top mounts,
Boot lid,
Full interior,
Brake fluid,
Cam belt,
Coolant flush,
Pcv clean,
Inner track rods,
Outer track rods,
Filling and painting,
Seized waste gate repaired,
Vac hoses
I could go on... 1800quid so far, for a 9 year old ex plod with 188k. Good job i got the car for free!

d2k
Friday 11th May 2012, 19:32
the guy is an absolute god send for volvo's, ive been chatting with him for months... he can code ANY DIM to your car & make it show your original mileage..

ive just had my DIM repaired by him, 2 months & still going strong... comes with 2 year warranty & he'll do ETM clean & repair, & ABS something or other... he turned my clocks around in 2 days.

a real nice bloke...... here's his profile (http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/member.php?u=63470) mods apologies im just trying to help not promote.

his website is.....http://volvodiagnostic.com/

not sure why he's not on this forum, probably b/c he's inundated with work on the VOC.... i bet volvo is making him a rich man!! lol