PDA

View Full Version : 1st Pic with new wheels (Hope it works)!!

Germarchip
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 12:48
http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab75/Germarchip/IMAG0188-1.jpg

Put the wheels on recently. Been asked for piccys. Here is the first one (I hope)

MattM
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 12:51
Not my cup of tea personally, not really a fan of after market wheels.

Germarchip
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 12:52
Each to their own

M-R-P
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 12:52
It worked b:)
not sure about the style myself but then it took a while for me to take a liking to the P3 V70.
Definitely stands out.

:D

Germarchip
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 12:58
Thats how we roll!!!!

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 13:22
It worked b:)
not sure about the style myself but then it took a while for me to take a liking to the P3 V70.
Definitely stands out.

:D

Yeah and the colour of your wheels doesn't stand out???

Never seen them Like that before, almost Japan-esk in design.

M-R-P
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 13:31
My gay blue wheels have now annoyed sooo many people that I'm gonna keep them that colour (I've even done my Charge Air pipes the same colour too)
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Untitled-1.jpg

V70 Graham
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 14:32
They are.....different, wonder what they look like "on the move"

Germarchip
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 15:09
Maybe I should look for a "Pimp my Volvo" forum instead:worried:

MattM
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 15:15
Wheels are a very personal choice. As long as you love them, doesn't matter if no one else does.

volvokid
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 15:16
Don't be like that, were all jealous because we don't have a new style Volvo like you :P

t5_monkey
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 15:16

Put the wheels on recently. Been asked for piccys. Here is the first one (I hope)

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q393/Gyomeki/26_snoopdog_lgl.jpg

Snoop Dog approves :)

stephenevans99
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 15:34
Wheels are a very personal choice. As long as you love them, doesn't matter if no one else does.

Don't be like that, were all jealous because we don't have a new style Volvo like you :P

Agrees.....I think the alloys are very unusual. Post a close up pic of the rims plz.

Steve

Rhys
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 15:34
http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/41577_12918678949_9386_n.jpg
Tim Westwood approves :)

Pinup_gal
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 15:49

Everyone on here has differing tastes when it comes to wheels :)
It doesn't mean they're the wrong wheels for you.

:)

T5frankie
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 15:50
nice wheels, if they had volvo written on them people would love them, bloody snobs

Rhys
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 16:16

What matters most is that you like them, everyone has their own taste.
Anyways, they're a statement - it defines your car as yours.

T5frankie
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 16:18
its ok mate alot of people on this forum think that volvo were the best designers going and whoa beside anyone who thinks differently lol

Wally Dog
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 17:23
CHUCK NORRIS APPROVES - and that's all that matters - RIGHT!!!

Certainly different - think the colours go well and think that they'll grow on me over time. Your vision, your choice. Nice.

claymore
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 17:41
I quite like them, I think they make a refreshing change :)

stribo
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 19:40
I like the wheels, and I like the car, just not sure if I like those wheels on that car. At least they're not painted gay blue.:saythat:

T5R+
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 19:46
Germarchip - you need a rear spoiler and graded tints for it all to gel.

I like a bit of individuality.

Sharkey R
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 20:01
How about painting the mirrors silver to match the edge of the spokes, I think it might set it off perfectly. I also agree with the comment about graded tints.

the young mechanic
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 20:09
i love them think they look cool compared to most usual wheels with the select colours
anthrite/black

LeeT5
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 20:09
nice wheels, if they had volvo written on them people would love them, bloody snobs

I disagree. I hate them. Sorry.

wacky racer
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 20:46
Not that mad on them to be honest, but as long as you are happy with them who cares what anybody else thinks!

volvo
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 20:59
i reckon if the car had a suspension drop, it would enhance the wheels al ot...in a nicer way. They are a nice set of rims imo

Harvey
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 21:16
:B_steerin What's the ride like ,looks like it might be a bit firm.

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 21:22
ive said it before and ill say it again.....................if we wanted to go with the norm,we wouldnt be modding volvosin the first place!!! personally i like the wheels,and i like that its different, opinions are just opinions everyone is entitled to one,as long as your happy with the look of your car thats all that matters......................oh and dont worry,there's plenty of pimped up volvos on here,youve only got to look at...claymore or p fandango and more besides ;) dont let this thread put you off the forum mate,trust me 99 percent of the time its all good :D plenty of knowledge etc, the banter you'll come to appreciate in time lmao

y2blade
Tuesday 8th May 2012, 21:55

They look good :)

jbconno
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 09:25
Not for me, sorry.

Germarchip
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 10:09
:B_steerin What's the ride like ,looks like it might be a bit firm.

With suspension as soft as a Volvo, it is hardly noticable. As to everyone who has an opinion on my wheels it does need to be noted that when I bought the car the alloys were completely dead. These came up for sale including brand new Avon tyres & I managed to pay less than the cost of 2 new tyres for the original shoddy wheels. So all in all the ability to drive the car without the tyres going down due to the alloy's being so damaged was quite a big plus

robsv40
Wednesday 9th May 2012, 10:12
I actually think they look quite cool. Gives it road presence

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 13th May 2012, 18:38
Bump for 'pin_up gal' ..

PHILKEN
Sunday 30th December 2012, 18:00
With suspension as soft as a Volvo, it is hardly noticable. As to everyone who has an opinion on my wheels it does need to be noted that when I bought the car the alloys were completely dead. These came up for sale including brand new Avon tyres & I managed to pay less than the cost of 2 new tyres for the original shoddy wheels. So all in all the ability to drive the car without the tyres going down due to the alloy's being so damaged was quite a big plus

then I can understand your choice for those wheels
19"?

Doingitsideways
Sunday 30th December 2012, 20:35
I think they look quite cool mate :)

Also agree that it could do with lowering a little, this will enhance them even more!

Steve :)

Germarchip
Thursday 3rd January 2013, 14:30
then I can understand your choice for those wheels
19"?

Yep 19"

kfc
Friday 4th January 2013, 19:14
I quite like them, I think they make a refreshing change :)
I'm with claymore on this,
they do have a kinda agressive look which i quite like.