PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket power antenna

the flying scoT5man
Saturday 5th May 2012, 10:47
my volvo 850 had a crappy manual pull up push down mast on the rear wing i have now fitted a power aerial in place of the manual 1 the new aerial comes with a red wire a green wire the usual earth wire which wires will i need to splice into where the aerial sits im guessing its red to red but the green 1 has me stumped im guessing its a blue/blue-white can some one show me a pic of the exact wires to splice into thanks :)

the flying scoT5man
Saturday 5th May 2012, 12:20
Sorted :D if no how 2

Ok if anyone else attempting to fit a power antenna to an 850 saloon (possibly estate.)

The kit i had came with a red, green, black, and aerial wires

As its not a volvo direct fit i connected to the block the original volvo power antenna would fit.

Remove fuse 16!

join the red wire to the red/green or grey/red this is constant live so when ignition is switched off aerial will retract.{ R/G & G/R are connected via the block so makes no difference which to join to as they change going through the block as you will see}

join the green wire to the red or blue/white {as above both join and change in the connector block} this is the power from the Head unit aerial will extend when radio is on

wire black to earth point and fix holding strap to aerial unit and fit aerial lead

refit fuse 16 and try it out :)

(if aerial does not retract swap your aerial wires round thats what i done by mistake first lol i went red for red green for green/red)