PDA

View Full Version : sooo close to getting rid.....clock issues..

turbo-dave
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 09:24
hey all, over the last week, my 850 t5 has become compounded from problems ever since having a stepper motor boost gauge fitted. and i'm now on the verge of selling it or smashing it up (whichever comes 1st). firstly it was the lambda light issue...now i've noticed that since the clocks have been unplugged the fuel needle is out (temp, boost + speedo are ok) and digital miles-0 is floating between 75-60 miles till empty (i put £50 in at 9am this morning) anyone have an idea on how to remedy this?

Rnash2002
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 09:28
hey all, over the last week, my 850 t5 has become compounded from problems ever since having a stepper motor boost gauge fitted. and i'm now on the verge of selling it or smashing it up (whichever comes 1st). firstly it was the lambda light issue...now i've noticed that since the clocks have been unplugged the fuel needle is out (temp, boost + speedo are ok) and digital miles-0 is floating between 75-60 miles till empty (i put £50 in at 9am this morning) anyone have an idea on how to remedy this?
Stupid i know but have you tryed to reset the computer for the fuel miles and miles covered and avarage mile per gallon?

turbo-dave
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 09:31
Stupid i know but have you tryed to reset the computer for the fuel miles and miles covered and avarage mile per gallon?

yeah did that before i left the petrol station, thought all was well after that, but no, its still the same, although apparently has half a tank of fuel lol

Shadow
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 10:41
did you take the battery off before you removed and refitted the dash?

turbo-dave
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 13:09
did you take the battery off before you removed and refitted the dash?

nope :-/

Shadow
Thursday 3rd May 2012, 00:49
try disconnecting it and leaving it over night and see what its like in the morning