PDA

View Full Version : Headlight bulbs

KevWak
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 08:13
Hi all,

I've decided to upgrade my headlight and sidelight bulbs. I have the dull yellowish bulbs and fancy upgrading to some crisp white lights. But which to go for? After a little research I think I need H7 bulbs for the headlighs but how do I know if I need Halogens or Xenons? And as for sidelight bulbs, are LED's the way to go? And which ones do you recommend I go for?

Thanks guys/girls

Kev

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 08:20
Now, presuming you have a P2...
I used Ring Xenonmax bulbs for dipped beam.
Fleabay 100W Power White (actually blue but show white when on) HB3 for full beam
sidelight bulbs came with the 4 quid main beams, again blue when off and white when on.
Fleabay 100W power White (actually blue but white when on) H1.

Everything shows as a bright white, I just have to change the 100W ones for the MOT :)

Harvey
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 08:35
Hi have a look at this link http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?p=490980#post490980

d2k
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 08:44
Now, presuming you have a P2...
I used Ring Xenonmax bulbs for dipped beam.
Fleabay 100W Power White (actually blue but show white when on) HB3 for full beam
sidelight bulbs came with the 4 quid main beams, again blue when off and white when on.
Fleabay 100W power White (actually blue but white when on) H1.

Everything shows as a bright white, I just have to change the 100W ones for the MOT :)

i think you'll have to change them all for MOT mate, mine failed a few months back under new regulations that you cannot display bulbs that have 'blue' glass.... i was told to remove them even though they were 100% white light, road legal 55w ones.

silly init.....:eek:

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 10:25
i think you'll have to change them all for MOT mate, mine failed a few months back under new regulations that you cannot display bulbs that have 'blue' glass.... i was told to remove them even though they were 100% white light, road legal 55w ones.

silly init.....:eek:

All the blue ones are 100W and would have to be changed for the MOT any way ;)
the dipped beam ones, although much brighter, are the correct 55W and clear :)

KevWak
Wednesday 2nd May 2012, 10:38
I have a 58 plate S40 with projector dipped lights.
I don't really want 100w bulbs. I've heard these can damage the projector lense with the heat. Though I don't know how true this is.

I've heard the OSRAM 55w Night Breakers are very good, but I don't know if I need Halogen or Xenon?
Cheers