PDA

View Full Version : 855 t5 Meets 854 Gul

merc85
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:07
After a no joy on fleabay, decided to give the gul another polish and take a couple of pic's with her next to my 855 t5.

T5frankie
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:09
nice mate,
has it sold yet?

merc85
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:13
nice mate,
has it sold yet?

no buddy, toying with the idea of taking the Red one off the road and sorting the Gearbox out whilst using the Gul over the summer, given the Red one a rest for abit.

Then storing the gul over the winter and selling it next summer.

Kingsford G
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:15
so u`ll b driving the gul now?

merc85
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:20
so u`ll b driving the gul now?

Possibly bud,

T5frankie
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:20
no buddy, toying with the idea of taking the Red one off the road and sorting the Gearbox out whilst using the Gul over the summer, given the Red one a rest for abit.

Then storing the gul over the winter and selling it next summer.

sell both and get a mint 855 gul then you will only need to run 1 motor

merc85
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:27
sell both and get a mint 855 gul then you will only need to run 1 motor

have thought of that mate, but i've spent alot of time and effort on the Red one and she's serving me well(except the box lol). Better the devil you know.

I know both car's are spot on, and dont really want all the hassle and expense trying to find another 855.

The wife is jellous of the Gul lol so i wont be keeping her perminatly. The car that is pmsl

T5frankie
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:34
have thought of that mate, but i've spent alot of time and effort on the Red one and she's serving me well(except the box lol). Better the devil you know.

I know both car's are spot on, and dont really want all the hassle and expense trying to find another 855.

The wife is jellous of the Gul lol so i wont be keeping her perminatly. The car that is pmsl

really you sure? lol

Kingsford G
Sunday 29th April 2012, 20:39
Possibly bud,

that means possibly I`ll b faster for a little while than lol

kfc
Sunday 29th April 2012, 22:47
more shiney things.

Kingsford G
Sunday 29th April 2012, 23:01
more shiney things.

It always shines when it comes to merc85 mate.Gave u know I love the look of two volvos on a driveway lol Do I really have to say looking good?Nah,looking great as usual.

Rhys
Sunday 29th April 2012, 23:16
.. I love the look of two volvos on a driveway lol ..

So do I, shame only one of mine is on the road lol.

I'd be tempted to keep the gul unless you need the extra load space then do the above and get an 855 Gul

merc85
Sunday 29th April 2012, 23:35

I'd be tempted to keep the gul unless you need the extra load space then do the above and get an 855 Gul

I need the extra load space having 4 kidds and 1 on the way lol.

And my 855 is spot on, trust me if could keep the 854 long term i would. But its not practical for me. but i will certainly enjoy driving it for the next six months.

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 29th April 2012, 23:45
I'm very tempted to go on the hunt for another manual t5r after seeing your lovely Gul. One of the reasons i got rid of my old t5r was because it was an olive green one and deep down I wanted a Gul.
I've just had a health check done on my m3 and because i'm very anal when it comes to keeping my cars in tip top condition I'm looking at 4 new shocks, front discs and pads, new brake lines and 3 small diff seals and these come to £1033!!!!!

Volvo's are hell of a lot cheaper. When i had my old t5r i gave it to Russ at R.T.Mechanics and said what does it need to get it up to my standards and the bill was just over £2000 fully fitted. For this I got koni fsds, eibach springs, full suspension bush overhaul and wishbones all using genuine Volvo parts, new discs and pads all round, powerflex top mount and a carbon fibre front splitter!!!!

How much were you looking for for your Gul?

Kingsford G
Monday 30th April 2012, 00:18

Not really.Looking for an estate one myself tbh as do need that extra space.

Rhys
Monday 30th April 2012, 07:01
I need the extra load space having 4 kidds and 1 on the way lol.

And my 855 is spot on, trust me if could keep the 854 long term i would. But its not practical for me. but i will certainly enjoy driving it for the next six months.

Ah, so you've got the extra seats in the boot eh? lol
Tbh that's why I got mine, second one came alon and the BMW 318ti compact was too.. er.. compact. With the compact I had to buy a Thule Ranger(?) roofbox for the pram - can recommend them btw as they roll up when not in use and being a soft roofbox they give a bit for higher stuff like prams :)
Don't need one for the Volvo.

Gunscrossed
Monday 30th April 2012, 16:05
Looks goog Gav, will look forward to seeing it out and about!

merc85
Monday 30th April 2012, 18:17
Looks goog Gav, will look forward to seeing it out and about!

You coming to the next essex meet Buddy?

Gunscrossed
Monday 30th April 2012, 18:44
Hope to!

Kingsford G
Monday 30th April 2012, 19:23
Hope to!

Try to make this one mate however sadly mine is going sorn as no dosh ti tax it

Gunscrossed
Monday 30th April 2012, 19:49
Try to make this one mate however sadly mine is going sorn as no dosh ti tax it

Sorry to hear that mate, I've got two cars to tax this month and a full service needed on my Abarth. One minute you're up, then back down again!

Kingsford G
Monday 30th April 2012, 21:13
Sorry to hear that mate, I've got two cars to tax this month and a full service needed on my Abarth. One minute you're up, then back down again!

Well the back went bad again over last two weeks and let me down again,come out to work this week so v how it goes.