PDA

View Full Version : plans for my 98 v70 t5

gsxrboy
Thursday 26th April 2012, 14:40
i'm in Romford Essex, so nearest places to me would be ideal for.....
remap
exhaust, from downpipe to tailpipe, and i don't mind noise ;)
filter
boost gauge and pod.
so, have done a bit of searching but it's a pain and still unclear as opinons are divided.
what i'm after is performance (surprise surprise) car will be having a service asap. who does what close ish to me? :)

daza-b
Thursday 26th April 2012, 14:43
just remember you will need a cat these days, its now illegal not to have one, have a look here for the exhaust: http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/dealer-locator/

As for remap, it would probably be well worth the trip to HLM as they are one of the best and cheapest for volvos, and boost gauges etc is ebay

gsxrboy
Friday 27th April 2012, 21:09
I've seen loads on ebay but you never know what tat sells on there and prefer recommendations if possible, as for cats. i am aware they are required lol. but i know good gains can be had with 3" downpipe. i also want a proper exhaust note. :-)

LiamT4
Friday 27th April 2012, 21:21
Personnally i only think its worth going for a bigger downpipe if your going for a bigger turbo with supporting mods as you can increase turbo lag.

Try and find a good custom exhaust shop, they can be cheaper than you'd think.

stu_850t5
Saturday 28th April 2012, 07:56
Pipecraft in basildon make custom zausts, as for a remap there is a RICA garage in saffron waldon (saffron autos)

gsxrboy
Saturday 28th April 2012, 10:21
Pipecraft in basildon make custom zausts, as for a remap there is a RICA garage in saffron waldon (saffron autos)

cheers. I'll contact them Monday :-)