PDA

View Full Version : Oil return pipe

T5Tom
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 12:52
Could someone point me in the right direction please? I need to buy one but cant find them on gsf or anywhere. Where would be the best place to get the pipe + o-ring + gasket from please?

Tom

Rnash2002
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 13:35
Could someone point me in the right direction please? I need to buy one but cant find them on gsf or anywhere. Where would be the best place to get the pipe + o-ring + gasket from please?

Tom

Have you tryed your local volvo parts dealer?

T5Tom
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 13:59
Not yet but I'm sure someone on here used a good website for parts but I can't remember what it was now? I'm not very helpful I suppose lol

claymore
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 14:04
The 'o' ring and gasket are only about a fiver at the dealers, and I've got a return pipe here if you want one.

T5Tom
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 14:37
The 'o' ring and gasket are only about a fiver at the dealers, and I've got a return pipe here if you want one.

I have a pipe off yourself mate that came with an o-ring that looked pretty new. You gave it to me FOC which was very nice of you pal, still leaking though so i think im going to look at getting a brand spanker if poss to see if this cures it. ill ask at the dealer then :)

claymore
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 14:42
I'd just get the gasket set if I were you, that pipe came off my old engine and never once leaked a drop.

oblark
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 15:23
Have you tryed Volvo parts online or frf Volvo on 01792 784272, I got a gasket and o ring, cost about £7inc p&p

T5frankie
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 16:52
partsforvolvos.com but if its leaking its more likely that there is a tiny piece of gasket left on the turbo you havn't noticed i did this and it leaked quite bad

T5Tom
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 17:40
Cheers frankie, I cleaned all the faces up before sticking the new gazza on so I don think it can be that, ill try a spanking o-ring/gazza combo and see what happens :)

T5frankie
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 18:09
you need to get under it when the engine is running has it had a recent turbo change? it could be banjo bolts washers for the oil feed cos it will drip down and drip down the return pipe as if its leaking from there when it isn't

T5Tom
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 19:38
Ye my 19t is on now but I made sure all the copper washers were on either side, the only other thing I can think of is pcv? I'll have a check in the morning

T5frankie
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 19:39
Ye my 19t is on now but I made sure all the copper washers were on either side, the only other thing I can think of is pcv? I'll have a check in the morning

if you even nicked the washer it will leak i done the same mate