PDA

View Full Version : Done some work on the car!

I want a T5
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 20:02
Just fitted the cleaned injectors which was straight forward enough and also, put some new spark plugs in (genuine Volvo jobbies).

Interestingly, when I changed plug 4 (from the cam belt end), the tube leading down to the plug, was black with soot and the plug was loose and obviously leaking! I think this was the cause of the mild misfire on start up.

Noticed too, lots of small pieces of cooked wire protector dotted around the top of the head which I carefully vacuumed up so as not to lose any bits in the cylinders! I had some of the cable protector in my stash of hi-fi bits and re-wrapped the bared wires that run to the coil packs.

I noticed that all the coil packs had been replaced in the past and were labelled 'BERU' and made in Germany. Has anyone come across this brand of coil pack? Are they any good??

Just test drove after tanking up (£90! OUCHY!!!) and what a difference! More power with a more 'urgent' acceleration and definately a smoother tick over.

Very happy with the decision to get cleaned injectors and again, recommend Injector Tune for their service!

M-R-P
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 20:32
I have a beru coil pack on pot 3, they're what GSF supply as oe replacement at 46 quid a pop.
Glad it all turned out nicely :)

Kingsford G
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 21:00
Beru is not the best quality but good.