PDA

View Full Version : S60R flip key

s_cowen
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 19:22
my flip key has been broken since I bought the car seems like the spring has gone & the push button is broke,

Found this on eBay..... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190666481248?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I understand I will have to put my transponder chip in but just wondering if a normal key cutting place can cut this sort of key?

Harvey
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 22:20
Hi i did try to get a 2nd key cut but the ones i tried could not do it,
but i would just swap over the latch bits.
Have you been to Volvo parts as the key is sold in 3 bits ,1 blade, 2 blade holder with chip ,3 remote bit with the buttons worth a look in.

d2k
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 23:13
i dont think the volvo keys can be cut....... i took mine into my local Timpsons key cutters, after putting it into his machine the key came up as 'code locked' so there was nothing they could do with it.

dealer only jobby....:mad:

Vikingxl
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 23:56
A half decent automotive locksmith should be able to cut the blade part of the key timpsons are a bunch of amateurs

s_cowen
Wednesday 25th April 2012, 18:11
Thanks for the info guys :smile:

LeeT5
Saturday 28th April 2012, 08:38
i dont think the volvo keys can be cut....... i took mine into my local Timpsons key cutters, after putting it into his machine the key came up as 'code locked' so there was nothing they could do with it.

dealer only jobby....:mad:

as said, an auto locksmith can definately cut these keys.