PDA

View Full Version : Volvo T4

T4Rick
Monday 23rd April 2012, 22:03
Can these cars be mapped at hlm?

mitchyboy01
Monday 23rd April 2012, 22:12
Custom maps are only done through MTE (Marco) or by fitting a piggyback ECU such as Unichip as the ECU's are very hard to map properly. Only Marco has full access to all the parameters of the EMS2000. Any other map will be a generic map to around 235bhp by basically turning up the boost, which you may as well do yourself with an MBC (much cheaper lol). 18psi will pretty much max the stock grey 312cc injectors, although I ran 285bhp on a stock map using VXR 470cc injectors and bigger turbo.

T4Rick
Monday 23rd April 2012, 22:20
Custom maps are only done through MTE (Marco) or by fitting a piggyback ECU such as Unichip as the ECU's are very hard to map properly. Only Marco has full access to all the parameters of the EMS2000. Any other map will be a generic map to around 235bhp by basically turning up the boost, which you may as well do yourself with an MBC (much cheaper lol). 18psi will pretty much max the stock grey 312cc injectors, although I ran 285bhp on a stock map using VXR 470cc injectors and bigger turbo.

How did it run did it over fuel at all?

mitchyboy01
Monday 23rd April 2012, 22:29
No mate, ran fine. All AFR's safe under load. Part throttle AFR's would sometimes drop into the high 13s (a little rich) but nowt to worry about. I also ran more than stock 3bar fuel pressure and it was still ok. It will be safer than running lean on the stock injectors for definate. Is yours phase 1 or 2? I'm selling my VXRs this week if I can fit my MTE ECU as its mapped for the RC550cc injectors I've bought. Best thing is to get an AFR gauge. Worth it's weight in gold.

T4Rick
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 21:45
How did you come across the mte ecu lol

mitchyboy01
Tuesday 24th April 2012, 22:00
How did you come across the mte ecu lol

I've had a lot of advice from various peeps on T5D5 as well as here and they knew mapping was my next hurdle. Mo for some reason decided to break his immaculate 372bhp T4 (worth more in bits I think) and gave me first dibs on the ECU. Very lucky for me, although I had to scrape the barrel for the cash but it had to be done. Fitting this week hopefully.