PDA

View Full Version : V70 new headlights adjustments ????

kim
Friday 20th April 2012, 22:21
Hi all , Got fed up with 100w bulbs and tin foil try out , and my candles kept blowing out in the wind, trying to see more than 30/40 foot up the road.....So Volvo parts on line, and just under £200 later, 2 shiny new headlights now fitted.

The came with manual adjusters, and so I swapped my electric motors in. The motors work but even on full dashboard roller Down, still up like full beams, getting flashed lots!!.

Please could anyone tell me how to adjust them down to right level so that motors will not put settings back to too high ?

Also which, what and by how much adjustment to spread and turn the beams, High and low both fitted with Ring 55w 120% xenon's

( I know about going to a garage ,but still getting over the financial shock of buying the lights)

Thanks as ever, Kim

V70 Graham
Friday 20th April 2012, 23:27
Hiya, To be honest, when I fitted my projectors recently I nipped into the local MOT testing place (while they were quiet) and had them adjust them for me, takes a few mins and they have the correct beam adjustment equipement.....just gave them 'a drink' so everyone was happy, glad to see another member close by.

kim
Saturday 21st April 2012, 13:09
Got to be the way I reckon....Just bought some wheels and tyres from" my tyres" and from "alloy wheels online" now to find a, do it for a drink ( managers not about) balance and fit tyre shop .......If you are around my way, feel free to pop in for a cupa and compare all things Volvo . I am a House husband so around most of the time ,cheers Kim
01494 671280

kim
Sunday 6th May 2012, 23:22
Hi to all , the list of jobs done, keeps getting longer ....

Well found a tyre shop that balanced and fitted my new "R" style wheels and tyres. Took my original wheels off removed tyres and boxed my old ones, so I can refurbish them for a winter set. Adjusted my lights and charged me £40, not too bad.

New change to last air-con check ..now they will not top off the air con ...all registered on the machine for auditing ..so £60 later ,new gas and oil ..worth getting ready for summer.

Took off all the top air and turbo pipes, degrease and washed ,Sprayed them silver ,looks now the same colour as my strut brace, alloy looking.

Used up a whole can of carb cleaner to flush out and clean the throttle body nice and shiny.

Took the idle control valve off and the plastic 5 blanked tree, both were a bit oily and stained ..not anymore.

Used a 400m can of armatech restore, I would love to see what my emissions are now compared to last mot ,not that is given anymore, I had to ask if it looked OK . Will do a dry compression test and compare results to the pre- restore application. Old results were all 150ish. The only difference is a more lively response and a couple of miles to the gallon less than before, perhaps that's down to the more lively off the line feel ? still get 29/30 MPG motorway return, but now 26/27 MPG round and about.

Next little job....Engine cleaning and then under sealing the car

Bought a Proper Polisher,Mops and sponges, cutting and polishing compound, Wax and polymer paint sealant.....bring on a sunny day, and my olive green tank will shine again, happy days Kim :tank: