PDA

View Full Version : need help

littlejohn
Friday 20th April 2012, 20:51
just bought a c70 t5 3dr on a 2000 plate with only 70,000 miles, and i dont really know alot about it,it does go well but im looking to tune it a bit more as my brother is driving a skyline and i need to keep up, my mate has told me to buy a rica ecu???? does anybody have 1 for sale??? and are they any good?? thanks

stribo
Friday 20th April 2012, 21:06
Have no idea about the rica map/ ecu, have heard good things about them though, but what Skyline are you trying to keep up with, as Skyline covers a whole range of cars. We had a Skyline before we got the Volvo (unfortunately I wrote it off) , but the S60R we replaced it with is a lot quicker. It wasn't what people expected as a Skyline though, it was a 350 GT:

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo174/RSCougar/Our%20Skyline%20350GT/DSCF1104.jpg

So, if your brother's only got a R32/33/34 GT-S it's not going to take much to beat it. ;)

BTW welcome to the forum, you may want to post up in the introduce yourself section. :D

littlejohn
Friday 20th April 2012, 21:16
im sure its the r33, i think i can i can keep up but,id like to be quicker, is there any other good mod at realistic prices for these??

LiamT4
Friday 20th April 2012, 21:34
Is yours an me7 engine?
They are a bit harder to modify over the earlier cars, wobbly dave has done a lot to his though and is a very nice machine that goes and sounds very nice.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 20th April 2012, 22:18
2000 will be ME7 - well almost 99% certain it will be - which is the electronic throttle version.

I have a build thread on the project forum. (320BHP - 400NM)

However there are many things you can do to make it go well.
Stage 0 for ME7 is less intensive than the manual throttle - as there is no dissy cap, no rotor & no HT leads. Each plug is fired individually by its own coil pack.
If the plugs have not been changed recently - that is something you can do quite cheaply. NGK BKR7EVX are an excellent option. ITG replacement panel filter is a good choice - though you can go for a cone if you wish - however shielding it adequately is important.
You should replace the boost pipework that comes from the BCS (boost control solenoid). You should also ensure that the actuator is setup correctly.

You can get a remap from HLM which will work well & they will check the set-up. The remap will be flashed onto your car's ECU & that will allow you to run more boost. MBC or bleed valves are not really an option for this throttle type.

Expect to run super unleaded once remapped to get the best out of the map.

ME7 will with the right programming allow you to run upto 7500 rpm.

:welcome:

Enjoy the ride.