PDA

View Full Version : Volvo maybe haven't forgot the T5-R

volvokid
Monday 16th April 2012, 15:40
Well it might be a start of a good thing, here's hoping.
T5-R (http://www.swedespeed.com/artman2/publish/Volvo_News/T5-R_Returns.html)

T5frankie
Monday 16th April 2012, 15:43
dont look extra special to me

dalhousie2008
Monday 16th April 2012, 15:44
I like the wheels. Maybe a bit more power would help

M-R-P
Monday 16th April 2012, 15:56
Where's the mentalness? I'm guessing it's a variant of the RS engine, if so, how come Polestar can't get the same power figures as the focus? Ok, it's close but didn't polestar produce a C30 with silly power figures?

I like the wheels...

volvokid
Monday 16th April 2012, 15:58
I like the wheels. Maybe a bit more power would help

It should have out powered the T6 but all they have done is map the T5 engine. Different alloys from the rest of the range would have made a big difference also.

mitchyboy01
Monday 16th April 2012, 16:10
What a let down. That looks pretty tame, nowt special at all. Not worthy of the R badge IMO.

M-R-P
Monday 16th April 2012, 16:14
It's like they want us to have fun, but not too much fun. What happened to having loads of power through the front wheels, through a drivetrain which clearly couldn't cope with it? Bring back stupidity in my opinion ;)

GregE102
Monday 16th April 2012, 18:08
Like they have been saying on that forum its a joke really!

If I was in charge of the Volvo Skunk works devision you would get this:
18" Titan look wheels, Brembo Calipers F+R, Dual independent wishbone suspension F+R, M66 Manual, Computerised Mechanical Diff, clever front suspension modification similar to the Focus RS and 330Bhp and some where near the same torque and a flamboyant Body kit
Then it will be a True R

They really should give the job to me! Move over Polestar! lol

Cubes
Monday 16th April 2012, 18:54
Call me picky, but a paler shade of yellow would have made it stand out from the Mazdas and Nissans and other drab Japanese tosh.

volvokid
Monday 16th April 2012, 18:59
Call me picky, but a paler shade of yellow would have made it stand out from the Mazdas and Nissans and other drab Japanese tosh.

Yip I thought the same bud, The new C30 has that shade of yellow, its too cheap looking

Jamest5r
Monday 16th April 2012, 19:05
April fool :)

Copied and pasted from admin.....

It was April 1st somewhere when it posted.

If we think about it, a limited run of yellow T5s is very possible, even with a few Polestar add-ons beyond a tune. With the 4cyl engines coming, the T5 could once again be the top of Volvo's food chain. I thought about including a manual trans but may have made the April Fool too obvious from the start.

I did want to do a mock badge but did not have time, that may have helped. .

Happy April fools.

volvokid
Monday 16th April 2012, 19:10
Haha did a bit of digging did you :)

AndysR
Monday 16th April 2012, 19:13
dont look extra special to me

If you go by some opinions neither are any of the other R models...

April fool :)

Copied and pasted from admin.....

It was April 1st somewhere when it posted.

If we think about it, a limited run of yellow T5s is very possible, even with a few Polestar add-ons beyond a tune. With the 4cyl engines coming, the T5 could once again be the top of Volvo's food chain. I thought about including a manual trans but may have made the April Fool too obvious from the start.

I did want to do a mock badge but did not have time, that may have helped. .

Happy April fools.

Lol, in fairness I didn't think it was that bad and probably goes inline with most of the current special editions you see from manufacturers that usually just feature the odd bespoke feature over a standard car.

volvokid
Monday 16th April 2012, 19:14
I just read through some of there comments and the yanks loved it, they didnt want to believe it was a prank

Cubes
Monday 16th April 2012, 19:26
Grrrrrr.....

Jimmie
Monday 16th April 2012, 20:03
Hey kid has the sun got to you that you didn't spot the date.lol
They maybe don't pratice april fool in India.
The american R was different from the uk as far as i know therefore the t5 might be as well.

volvokid
Monday 16th April 2012, 20:14
Hey kid has the sun got to you that you didn't spot the date.lol
They maybe don't pratice april fool in India.
The american R was different from the uk as far as i know therefore the t5 might be as well.

Nope but the food has.
i just clicked it and read the story, im thick what can I say.

t5_monkey
Monday 16th April 2012, 20:53
personally I think it looks §§§§ esp in that shade of yellow!

Where's the upgraded shocks, LSD etc ??

GregE102
Monday 16th April 2012, 22:54
personally I think it looks §§§§ esp in that shade of yellow!

Where's the upgraded shocks, LSD etc ??

Like I said in the beginning I know its a joke & I already said a Diff but one would expect some clever Shocks as well, but we have all forgotten to mention carbon Roof, bonnet & Boot to keep the weight down!!!

LeeT5
Tuesday 17th April 2012, 02:32
Nice prank. But seriously...in todays money, with even half the spec that most have mentioned ie LSD, 330bhp, trick suspension, stainless exhaust (twin), bespoke interior...you'd be looking at a 50k+ car! Its one of the reasons why the latest R cars didn't sell that well from 2003 - 2007 was because by the time you added all the REALLY cool kit on like, Family pack, Winter pack, Comms pack + RTi and Sat Nav etc etc you were looking at a £43,000 car. I should know cos mine has that spec. No one wanted to pay that much money for an estate car when they could get the same estate car without all the bells and whistles and with reasonable fuel economy for half the price!
Seriously, they won't sell and those that do will end up trashed, thrashed and the Government will hate them because of their crap carbon foot print. Another reason why the V70R/S60R struggled to sell, hense they stopped production of the R in 2007.
Then a few years later, when they realised their mistake, Don't worry the R is coming back! Er, no it's not. Still a bog standard car with a load of tut bolted on and a +£10,000 price tag!

The only car manufacturers that can get away with stupid cars now are the likes of Audi and Mercedes, aka, RS and AMG. Volvo will never compete because the bulk of the market they sell to are a bunch of tree hugging loosers or cart furniture, welly's and 5 dogs around. They don't need 300+ HP so it will never happen.

As for the yellow S60....Black dials?? The proper R has Blue dials Volvo!!!! Don't you bloody listen!?!?!

martybelfastt5
Monday 12th November 2012, 11:22
looks very similar to standard needs its own rims and bodystyling at least the seats look great tho

ianh007
Tuesday 15th April 2014, 19:48
Drove a T5R in the old Volvo Touring Car colours some years ago - garage lent it to me while my old 740 GLE was being serviced - great fun and cool looks....ah those were the days!!