PDA

View Full Version : Really freaking irritating whiring noise!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 13:46
Didn't notice til I was at MacDonalds drive thru with my window down but winnie is making this god awful whiring noise from the engine at tickover and whilst in motion.

Steve suggested it may be the alternator - any ideas?

I just had a blooming shed load of work done to the ungrateful mare and she wants more!!!!!

x

wright_t5
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 14:26
Hi Yah.,.. :thewave:

Umm, depends on what kinda noise it is, it might just be belt noise, they do tend to make a whining noise when they get dry, if that is it then there is a cheap solution, although you can buy proper "belt" lube... I use talc, yep, your choice as to the aroma you want, but just sprinkle a little on them belts, alternator, power steering, if it's belt noise then this will cure it instantly, and smell nice too..... :wink:

Other than that, it could be a bearing somewhere or maybe the alternator brushes, depends if it gets worse the higher the revs... :shifty:

855t5r
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 14:27
Maybe it was the car trying to tell you that it wanted a Big Mac in a Dolphinesque kind of way :)

Ignore me !!!!!!!!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 14:33
Cheers Wrighty! It doesn't get any worse the higher the revs so sounds like a belt to me........... Just need a man to fix it now then lol! Nice idea with the talc, I'm thinking johnsons baby powder...or it that too much info!! LOL

And 855t5r I'm not sure feeding big macs into my petrol tank will do her any good LOL

x

wright_t5
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 14:39
Hi yah....

Talc does it for me..... :shifty: as for too much info, no, tell me more :sinner:

Johnsons, talc, Umm, that makes me mind wander.... stop it..

Try it, it always works for my belt problems.... :worship:

Can't wait for 23rd... the pod... the burn-outs..... have some special tyres put aside just for the job.... :dgrin:

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 14:43
LOL!!!!

You off to the Pod this month then? Fingers crossed for the weather if you are!!! Make sure you let us know how you get on. Have you made any changes since your last run?

x

lance
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 14:58
Sorry to hear winnies being noisy at tickover, Im off to pengellys on friday as Ive just noticed that my mot runs out on friday too and I want a brake fluid change doing , I will ask there opinion for you!

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 15:07
Cheers Lance - that would be great if you would. :wink:

x

855t5r
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 15:18
I still recon its the BigMac problem!!!

Justin
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 15:31
Try turning your heathers off, it may be a noisy aircon pump, mine does it too ;)

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 16:04
LOL 855!!!

10/10 Big J! Problem solved when heater is turned off!

x

wright_t5
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 16:10
HI again... :worship:

Pod, This month, Oh yes, can't stop going, have to get the ol gal running sweet, chasing the 14's.... as for mods, none since the last time, I do have to get my boost problem fixed, have got me some new wheels now, so my old T5 ones will be donor burn out wheels.... I am trying for the best "jo public" burn-out.... :eek:

DId manage to get the speedo reading 100mph on one burn-out, now that was smoking!!!!

Weather, well it it's cold, then great, have to take things out, then we will see if we can get into the 14's.... lets hope....

I need to see what cheap mods I can do for her before the event, thought about a trip to VT to see what they can do.... :shifty:

See's yah.... :)

855t5r
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 16:19
LOL 855!!!

10/10 Big J! Problem solved when heater is turned off!

x

True!!

The aircon compressor in mine sounds like Darth Vader with a bad case of Asthma when driving slowly with the window down!

Bracer
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 17:46
HI again... :worship:

Pod, This month, Oh yes, can't stop going, have to get the ol gal running sweet, chasing the 14's.... as for mods, none since the last time, I do have to get my boost problem fixed, have got me some new wheels now, so my old T5 ones will be donor burn out wheels.... I am trying for the best "jo public" burn-out.... :eek:

DId manage to get the speedo reading 100mph on one burn-out, now that was smoking!!!!

Weather, well it it's cold, then great, have to take things out, then we will see if we can get into the 14's.... lets hope....

I need to see what cheap mods I can do for her before the event, thought about a trip to VT to see what they can do.... :shifty:

See's yah.... :)

Just mind you dont blow your diff with the burn out !

wright_t5
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 18:06
Hi,

Umm, I know, that's why I like to get both wheels spinning... once you get em spinning, they generally keep going..... plenty of water.... helps.. :shifty:

adamt5r
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 21:45
hi mrsmopp,
i think it could be your alt belt pulleys, mine did so i changed the pulleys as there was wear in the bearings and bingo no more noise!!! but as for the talc, well !!! always worth a try ;-)

hamish
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 00:38
She's a lady and she's just winging alot they all do that !! What's 'appenin at the pod? can i bring the golden wonder ? it's too watin cold to run the jedi ! The golden wonder (GW) got heated seats and allsrts !

hamish.

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 09:45
She's a lady and she's just winging alot they all do that !!

hamish.

:eek: Someone called me a lady without having to be prompted!!! LOL

x

Justin
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 09:51
Sorry to dissapoint Moppy but i think Hamish was drunk, reading some of his other posts.......

Mrsmopp
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 10:00
Thought it was too good to be true LOL! Althought the only time Hamish posts is when he has had a few so I should have known!!!!! (You could have let me bask in my ladylike glory for a little longer tho J :shifty: )

x

Justin
Wednesday 5th January 2005, 13:02
Orry :crazy: