PDA

View Full Version : Drivers side electric window fault (c70)

Batf1nk
Sunday 15th April 2012, 18:19
Bought a c70 knowing that drivers side window didn't work. Hoped it was just the switch that just needed a clean but turns out it's not. Here are the symptoms...

Passenger side window will work with driver switch.
Driver side window doesn't move at all.
I can hear/feel the relay clicking on both the manual/auto down part of the switch 'movement'.

I'm beginning to think it's the regulator rather than the switch pack. But thought I'd ask for your opinion before I go through the aggro of sourcing and fitting another one.

Thanks.

t5 stealth
Sunday 15th April 2012, 19:48
if you can hear the motor click or make a noise then usualy that meens the switch is working.

Niles
Sunday 15th April 2012, 19:58
Very common C70 fault. the window mechanisms fail. replacement from volvo is LOADS!!!!! Well over £750!!!! Second hand....£150 from a mate of mine. Total pain in the rear end to change.
100% advice. Get a replacement door!!!!!!!

Batf1nk
Sunday 15th April 2012, 20:38
if you can hear the motor click or make a noise then usualy that meens the switch is working.

It's not the motor I can hear clicking. It's the relay on the underside of the switch pack in the black box.

Is there any way to test the motors without the switch? I.e attaching a 12v battery to the appropriate 2 wires?