PDA

View Full Version : love my T5!!!

d2k
Saturday 14th April 2012, 18:41
sorry all..... had to shout for joy @ just say how much i love my car.

just had a new audi right up my §§§§, couldn't even see his bonnet he was that close, he then come zooming past me on an open dual carriageway in the sticks (first one to test the ovlov since ive owned it), so dropped from 5th to 3rd & foot down.... ive never taken this car so far .... great stuff!!

cant wait to get this animal remapped....:bounce:

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 18:43
Remove your speeds dude people will complain, glad you had fun, thats why you have one :)

zip929
Saturday 14th April 2012, 18:49
sorry all..... had to shout for joy @ just say how much i love my car.

just had a new audi right up my §§§§, couldn't even see his bonnet he was that close, he then come zooming past me on an open dual carriageway in the sticks (first one to test the ovlov since ive owned it), so dropped from 5th to 3rd & foot down.... ive never taken this car so far

cant wait to get this animal remapped....:bounce:

I had my V70 T5 remapped yesterday at HLM. :) Highly recommended.
Seriously quick car now.
Had to put manners on a new (60 plate) Audi A5 after the remap. Not sure what variant of the A5 it was but it looked faster than it went :wave23d: Blew him into the weeds in 4th.
Childish I know but he had tailgaited me for several miles.

d2k
Saturday 14th April 2012, 18:49
i dont speed as a rule b/c i have kids in the car usually ..... but damn its fun!!

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 18:54
Either do I but its good when you get the chance, I always feel rubbish after I do it though because I have hammered the car

foammanmark
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:10
The beauty of these cars is they are 2 cars in 1. Today, I drove down Burnley at a fairly rapid pace as there was a Saab, Audi and a Beemer hogging the middle lane which drives me potty, so I went round them in my 97 V70 rather than undertaking, and then eased off in the middle lane. The Beemer wasn't happy and tried to catch me, but I was off the motorway and gone before he was anywhere near me.

Drove back steadily and watched the mpg climb all the way Home. Love them.

M-R-P
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:26
I couodnt help it, a while ago i had a word with a farm manager who let me have a play on the disused runway on the land he runs. I redlined the first 3 gears and ran out of unway at 143 (well I slowed down incase i ran out.
Brilliant ;)

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:32
I was gutted I had this guy in a Vectra come flying up behind me he passed me on a blind straight with solid whites, then slowed to come in as there was a car in front of me, so i flashed him. He hung his hand out the window and stuck his finger up then waved as he took off passing the other guy, I put the car into 3rd ready to waste him, then Adrienne politely told me to wind my neck in lol shes rite though its not worth it, that guy could have been a complete nutter

Kingsford G
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:40
Sounds like one.Too many mappets out there who floor it but can`t stop.

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:43
Sounds like one.Too many mappets out there who floor it but can`t stop.

Im sometimes glad when she stops me, because I can get a bit hot headed. I would still like to think I could back off, after mistakes I have made in the passed

foammanmark
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:49
The thing with driving Volvos, is you're expected to be wearing your slippers and cap, getting on in years and be a slow driver. People must have a right shock when they come across the more rapid Volvos that we have, but I always think it's so good to see a Volvo travelling quickly, which with the new models and younger buyers is becoming a more common occurrence.

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:50
The thing with driving Volvos, is you're expected to be wearing your slippers and cap, getting on in years and be a slow driver. People must have a right shock when they come across the more rapid Volvos that we have, but I always think it's so good to see a Volvo travelling quickly, which with the new models and younger buyers is becoming a more common occurrence.

Im still yet to meet much if any young drivers driving the faster models, :( I loved buying my Saffy when I was 19 I used to get lots of attention with it.

smithson007
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:52

Speak for yourself about getting on in the years. lol.

zip929
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:57
I am but a pup at 47. :)

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 19:58
I am but a pup at 47. :)

You'll be getting a D5 soon enough then

foammanmark
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:00
Im still yet to meet much if any young drivers driving the faster models, :( I loved buying my Saffy when I was 19 I used to get lots of attention with it.

Travelling the likes of the M6 and M1 nowadays, and there are definitely more younger, faster Volvo drivers than some years ago. They're appealing more to business drivers with the latest diesels and the likes of the C30/V60, and must be taking sales away from the Mondeo/Insignia/A4/Passat etc.

I'm not a Volvo car salesperson, honest, but I could be if foam ever gets more boring!

foammanmark
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:01

Hey, I'm 43 and have a D5, and 2 T5's!! Sorry, typing error, that should be 34!!

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:02
Hey, I'm 43 and have a D5, and 2 T5's!! Sorry, typing error, that should be 34!!

Dont worry I want a D5 to replace the V40 lol im getting on though 26 ewww

mitchyboy01
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:03

I had my 854 t5 when I was 21 or 22. 300bhp was funny when all my mates had corsas and saxo's. They all used to take §§§§ until I blitzed past on the dual carriageway!

foammanmark
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:04
Speak for yourself about getting on in the years. lol.

Come on Gazza, you're older than me by a few years. I'm referring to the stereotypical Volvo driver( check if that big word is spelt correctly please as I'm drinking).

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:05
Travelling the likes of the M6 and M1 nowadays, and there are definitely more younger, faster Volvo drivers than some years ago. They're appealing more to business drivers with the latest diesels and the likes of the C30/V60, and must be taking sales away from the Mondeo/Insignia/A4/Passat etc.

I'm not a Volvo car salesperson, honest, but I could be if foam ever gets more boring!

there less frowned upon since I got my first V40 at 18 but I still get ripped a fair bit, it doesnt matter that my car was 40k new, comfier and faster than my mates its still a volvo

foammanmark
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:07
Dont worry I want a D5 to replace the V40 lol im getting on though 26 ewww

I have the 163, which is a very good engine. However, if you can get a 185 or a 205( I think), then they must be really good. I would get mine mapped, but I don't want to mess around with the insurance again, as with doing just under 30k in it, I would have to declare the mod.

smithson007
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:11
Come on Gazza, you're older than me by a few years. I'm referring to the stereotypical Volvo driver( check if that big word is spelt correctly please as I'm drinking).

Im only 27. You have a few years on me mate. lol

Oh no not drink again. lol. Want to buy a saffy V70R?

volvokid
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:14
I have the 163, which is a very good engine. However, if you can get a 185 or a 205( I think), then they must be really good. I would get mine mapped, but I don't want to mess around with the insurance again, as with doing just under 30k in it, I would have to declare the mod.

Its not something I would be doing hopefully for a while, im planning on running the V40 into the scrappy its been a brilliant car. I think I would look for a V50 D5 sport, but would really like a V60 but thats something I dont think I could justify., as a main car yes but not the second car that will get the miles pumped up on it.

foammanmark
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:14
Im only 27. You have a few years on me mate. lol

Oh no not drink again. lol. Want to buy a saffy V70R?

You were about 22 when you played in the 1990 Worldcup bud.

stephenevans99
Saturday 14th April 2012, 20:30

HEY....I resemble that remark !!

T5RPete
Saturday 14th April 2012, 21:47
I get a load of stick from my mates, being 21 with a Volvo. Even after they saw the performance, I still got the pipe and slippers comments!

zip929
Saturday 14th April 2012, 21:57
I get a load of stick from my mates, being 21 with a Volvo. Even after they saw the performance, I still got the pipe and slippers comments!

Apparently you should be over 45! Cough... I just about make that.
They are fantastic cars. I wish i had got one years ago.

LiamT4
Saturday 14th April 2012, 22:36
Regarding the surprise some people have when they see a young volvo drives reminds me of a time when some numpty was tailgaiting me, and getting pretty annoyed by the looks of it (plenty of hand gestures). When we finally got to some lights and he pulled up next to me, he looked quite surprised when he realised i wasn't an oap or something.

Although he was probably even more surprised when i smoked him off the lights. :hilarious