PDA

View Full Version : Genuine Volvo strut brace

Wednesday 11th April 2012, 19:34
I've just taken delivery of a strut brace for the v70R from lipscombes in Aylesbury. Bought it from their eBay site.
After a lengthy wait due to a crap courier I recieved it earlier tonight after it had been put in the front porch, without me signing for it or being able to inspect it.
No matter I thought, so I opened the packaging and found that there was a 'kink' in the bar near to one of it's ends. It looks as though it's been damaged. I'm at work now but I'll post up pics in the morning.
My question is, does anyone know if the bar has meant to have a 'kink' in it or not...? I would have thought that the strut bar would have been uniformly circular all the way along it's length.
Sorry if it all sounds a bit vague without pics, but I'm bloody raging as it doesn't seem right.

dalhousie2008
Wednesday 11th April 2012, 19:36
Usually kinked to go round master cylinder

smithson007
Wednesday 11th April 2012, 19:38
Na sounds about right mate. Think its to go round the fuse box on right hand side of the bay.

T5frankie
Wednesday 11th April 2012, 19:39
this question again lol, yeah its supposed to be like that mate

Gunscrossed
Wednesday 11th April 2012, 20:26
I thought mine was damaged until I saw it fitted!

claymore
Wednesday 11th April 2012, 20:31
this is normal

http://www.teamsecretweapon.com/PB152235-1.JPG

Wednesday 11th April 2012, 20:37
Thanks a lot guys. Bloody panicked when I saw it initially. Thought WTF, canny be right...!
Will fit it tomorrow when I'm off shift.
Cheers again guys, yer all stars...!

Thursday 12th April 2012, 08:53
Thanks for the picture Claymore. :bow_kneel

I've just fitted the brace, and the 'notch' makes sense. Just clears the back of the main fuse box.

Many thanks to everyone who replied. :biggrin: