PDA

View Full Version : oil leek

stevie69
Monday 9th April 2012, 11:10
after getting my clutch and main seal done i seem to have an oil leak.if your looking at the engine its more to the right and by the back.any suggestions where it would be coming from??

smithson007
Monday 9th April 2012, 12:58
Hope it's not your new seal leaking if for some reason it hasnt been fitted right. Could be oil coming out of the back of the bell housing.

LeeT5
Monday 9th April 2012, 13:24
after getting my clutch and main seal done i seem to have an oil leak.if your looking at the engine its more to the right and by the back.any suggestions where it would be coming from??

The ONLY two common oil leaks found on the 850 and V70 are from the rear main oil seal and the turbo feed pipe. If its not the feed pipe to the turbo then i dread to think what you've done!

stevie69
Monday 9th April 2012, 13:34
wasnt me that did it.scared to have a look...

stevie69
Monday 9th April 2012, 13:57
phoned the guy that done it and he assures me its not the main seal as he put the new one in.says its some join on the gearbox itself..

smithson007
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:14
Have a wipe of the oil thats knocking about and have a smell of it. Gearbox oil stinks so you can easily tell the difference between engine/gearbox oil.

If he hasnt put the new seal back in properly when he did it they do leak. He could even have scored the housing where the seal sits when removing the old one ive been told this can cause them to leak.

jayeastanglia
Monday 9th April 2012, 16:08
could be turbo pipe leaking on best way get under the car and have a look

LeeT5
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 10:28
wasnt me that did it.scared to have a look...

Stop being a woman and get under the car! If you can see a drip of oil hanging from the turbo feed pipe (at its lowest point) the theres the leak.

stevie69
Thursday 12th April 2012, 18:31
had a look.seems to be coming out from where the big driveshaft goes into the gearbox.think the driveshafts not right in?theres a lip on the driveshaft and its about 3mm from the seal..

Martin-t5r
Thursday 12th April 2012, 18:50
Nearside or offside driveshaft?

stevie69
Thursday 12th April 2012, 19:03
offside.the big one.

smithy
Thursday 12th April 2012, 19:19
offside.the big one.

take the car back to were you got it done mate sounds like the drive shaft seals are gone.

stevie69
Thursday 12th April 2012, 19:24
is it a pain to fix?judders when taking up drive to..

smithy
Thursday 12th April 2012, 19:28
is it a pain to fix?judders when taking up drive to..

it will judder with no gearbox oil in it mate get it fixed asap mate.the garage would have too of split the shafts from the gearbox mate and the car was not leaking gearbox oil before was it .is the work under warranty mate.

Martin-t5r
Thursday 12th April 2012, 19:31
Oooh dear :( hope you get it sorted mate

stevie69
Thursday 12th April 2012, 19:35
doubt it.ill see if my mate can fix it.the guy said the judder would go away as the clutch wore in a bit..still think the driveshaft could go in a bit more cant find any pics to compare it tho..

smithy
Thursday 12th April 2012, 19:59
doubt it.ill see if my mate can fix it.the guy said the judder would go away as the clutch wore in a bit..still think the driveshaft could go in a bit more cant find any pics to compare it tho..

ive fitted loads of clutches never had a judder ever mate.hope you get it sorted

stevie69
Thursday 12th April 2012, 20:10
great..theres a tight bit on the clutch pedal halfway down to..

smithy
Thursday 12th April 2012, 20:14
great..theres a tight bit on the clutch pedal halfway down to..

take it back to the person who did the job mate.