PDA

View Full Version : any one used blackfire products

graemewelch
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:22
spent a small fortune of blackfire products for a detail ive got planned on my motor. just wondering has anyone on here used them and what was your thought. ill be doing a full review once ive done the full detail. heres what ive bought

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish
Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection
Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax

done a small test on wing and i was impressed by the finish. car wasnt preped for it though so cant comment 100% still need a clay bar kit befor i start. just bought some wolf chemical decon gel that ill apply befor i clay bar the car and this is a product im also very impressed. the guys at polishedbliss must be saying he's back again. i must order sumit every few days. this detailing game is very adictive

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:26
recommend sonus green or gray clays. Tardis can be used to reduce the claying work.

graemewelch
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:49
wear do you norm get this from. i was going to buy a megs kit fro halfords. only because its buy one get one free on all products this wkd. i norm dont shop a halfords

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:52
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/detailing-clay/cat_9.html

I have used lots of different clays but have found Sonus is a good one.

M-R-P
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:52
I've found a new trick... 1st. 2500 grade wet n dry, then some professionally colour matched paint, more wet n dry , paint, wet n dry, matched clear coat, wet n dry, more clear coat, wet n dry, clear coat, wet n dry, cutting compound, buffing compound, sealer wax, polish ;)

Easy peeeezy lol ;)

graemewelch
Sunday 8th April 2012, 23:10
I've found a new trick... 1st. 2500 grade wet n dry, then some professionally colour matched paint, more wet n dry , paint, wet n dry, matched clear coat, wet n dry, more clear coat, wet n dry, clear coat, wet n dry, cutting compound, buffing compound, sealer wax, polish ;)

Easy peeeezy lol ;)

sounds like hard work to me. but keep up the good work

M-R-P
Sunday 8th April 2012, 23:12
No chance of rubbing through the original paint ;)

volvokid
Monday 9th April 2012, 08:50
S I have them and they're brilliant to work with, the wax is the only thing that could be better

shark_90
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:30
My old Black Magic Octavia vRS with full Blackfire treatment... looked amazing. Not my handywork, a friend did it over a weekend for me

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd230/ozwald_album/sharks%20detail/DSCF0698noplate.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd230/ozwald_album/sharks%20detail/DSCF0667.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:42
Blackfire is good stuff - particulalrly on dark colours. I would expect there was more than just BF involved in that finish though.

jimka
Monday 9th April 2012, 21:17
I've got the polish and protection, important to get the paint smooth first though with clay etc.

daza-b
Monday 9th April 2012, 21:18
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd230/ozwald_album/sharks%20detail/DSCF0667.jpg

wooops its that shiney he didnt notice that he drove into a kitchen ;) lol

shark_90
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 10:35
Blackfire is good stuff - particulalrly on dark colours. I would expect there was more than just BF involved in that finish though.

I can't say for sure as I didn't do it myself, but it's my understanding that it was various products from the Blackfire range that produced that finish.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 10:37
I am sure there would have been cleansing/degreasing even clay steps to getting that clarity - it is pin sharp w/ brilliant depth. Great job.

shark_90
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 10:44
Ah right yes, the car was clayed and corrected, sorry I should have been more clear. I assumed anyone planning a full detail would be using a machine polisher.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 10:50
I have both the old porter cable & a rotary.

shark_90
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 19:34
How do you get on with the rotary? I've never progressed beyond a DA machine, mine got nicked 3 years ago and I never replaced it :(

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 20:07
I like it - it is much quicker than a DA - but it requires more respect. You need to be extra careful with edges. You are unlikely to burn through unless you are very careless. I spent some time reading the articles on DW first. It is not so hard once you get the hang of it. Behaves very much like those big parkay floor cleaners at school, but on a smaller scale. Rather than going up & down & back and forth like you do with the DA - tend to work at a fixed arm length in overlapping arcs, lightly lifting one edge to encourage the movement, back & forth. Tend to have to do less work in terms of passes to get the same effect. Used to take 10 - 15 minutes per section to get the DA to break down the polish - with the rotary - 2 or 3 passes (in about 1/2 the time).

graemewelch
Wednesday 11th April 2012, 17:06
that one very sinney car. ive just got to buy a clay car and some lube and ill be ready to start the paint correction. ill be very pleased if get results like that