antz
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:10
watched that end. Absolutely madness.

Kingsford G
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:11
They do keep the price well.

Gunscrossed
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:14
Wouldn't bid on something like that on Ebay, private listing etc. Wouldn't be surprised if it's up again soon.

foammanmark
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:18
I wonder if Qady's is still for sale?

Flatout Phil
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:20
I reckon the buyer will pull out - they always do.

p fandango
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:26
hmm, just found a 5 paddle racing clutch for it in his feedback. Perhaps it had alot more mods than he let on about

volvo
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:43
Thats a lot of money for a Gull! I know they are rare but 3500?? Oh well, i guess they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them!

foammanmark
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:45
Thats a lot of money for a Gull! I know they are rare but 3500?? Oh well, i guess they are worth what someone is willing to pay for them!

Much interest in yours Qady?

volvo
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:52
Hi Mark

Yes mate i have had quite some intrest thanks, its being viewed next week......

Saw a post of yours somewhere, did you get your titan wheels you were looking for? Told ya they looked better lol

foammanmark
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:53
Good, I hope they buy it.

Sorted on the Titans thanks, but I presume you know the ones that I bought off you are on Daza-B's car?

volvo
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:59
ahh cheers mate....i would like the Gull to go to a forum member (who would most likelt take good care of it) hence i think its a fair price. Mine is much tidier (both inside & out) compared to many out there.

Glad your sorted, didnt know where the ones i gave you were but this stuff gets around hey!

Hope family is keeping well mate

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 21:59
my grey one and £500?

volvo
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:02
if that offer is for me, its a generous one and thanks. I want rid of all the volvos i have and just to keep my black t5r and my sharan tdi! thanks but will have to pass this time....

Gunscrossed
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:03
ahh cheers mate....i would like the Gull to go to a forum member (who would most likelt take good care of it) hence i think its a fair price. Mine is much tidier (both inside & out) compared to many out there.

Glad your sorted, didnt know where the ones i gave you were but this stuff gets around hey!

Hope family is keeping well mate

You know I'm interested if the guy doesn't show/buy :beer:

volvo
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:04
yes mate....thanks.

Nealevo
Sunday 8th April 2012, 22:18
It's already been relisted.... Bidding it up himself and got greedy lol

AcidicDavey
Sunday 8th April 2012, 23:03
I sent him this message as I'm a saddo lol:

Dear frost9040,

Hi,

Lovely car and I wish you the best of luck in finding a buyer but are you guilty of bidding on your item to get the price up but won so therefore re-listed it?

It's just unusual to see a car up again so quickly.

Cheers,
Dave

- acidicdavey

He responded with:

Dear acidicdavey,

no sadly I wanted to sell. as list states with buyer. if they manage to get the money by next weekend I will be ending this auction. I can't sit and wait with nothing for a week when I could of listed it.

I do understand what your saying though.

- frost9040

Why re-list if the buyer can pay next week??
Don't know what to make of it :( Lovely car mind

merc85
Sunday 8th April 2012, 23:07
They obvoulsy wernt gonna pay £100 deposit, non refundible after the auction

That i reckon is where it went pair shaped.

Lovley car but you cant expect someone to pay £100 then turn up and perhaps the car its'nt what was expected but still have to pay that £100 for a waisted trip.

Kingsford G
Monday 9th April 2012, 00:04
Thats seller rule u have to stick to if not dont waste the time.I won a recovery truck once and looked good on pics but a bag of sh*t when I went there so agreed to pay £100 to him for wasting his liting.Was my fault not going to c it first.

AcidicDavey
Monday 9th April 2012, 00:07
Thats seller rule u have to stick to if not dont waste the time.I won a recovery truck once and looked good on pics but a bag of sh*t when I went there so agreed to pay £100 to him for wasting his liting.Was my fault not going to c it first.

It doesn't work like that though, if a seller hasn't described an item correctly then you don't need to commit to the buy

merc85
Monday 9th April 2012, 00:09
ebay is a load of cobbler's and full of waister's and trader's

Only a few are real bargains. imho

Kingsford G
Monday 9th April 2012, 00:41
It doesn't work like that though, if a seller hasn't described an item correctly then you don't need to commit to the buy

Yes but if it says viewing recommended u should go and c it first.I sold my 850 to a guy from scotland and told him on phone its in a very good condition so he came down and said he didn't expect it to b in that nik the car is mint so was obdr the moon.To his standards it was mint to mine very good condition.And yes Gav there alot of bullsh**er on ebay.

Jimmie
Monday 9th April 2012, 12:20
If the seller states deposit required then if you wont pay it don't bid.If you do bid but not prepared to pay a deposit go and see the goods prior.SIMPLE.
The guy is quite entitled to relist the item as a none sale if no money is coming his way.
If you bid on a live computer auction you just have to pay.
Insider bidding goes on all the time but a lot of people just don't see it.Next time you go to a live auction just look around you and watch .
Good luck to any seller or buyer if they are happy with the purchase who are we to criticise.In the end of the day it's not our money!

dalhousie2008
Monday 9th April 2012, 12:28
Its now on pistonheads at £3850, does look to be fair one of the better ones around.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th April 2012, 13:43
Apparently he wasn't going to bang on about how effin rare this car was but it's in the title on ebay

I’m not going to rant and rave how “rare” this car is but ..

I am anyway.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3788483.htm

BTW its an 18yr old yellow 850 with no air con - but at least the rust will blend in. LOL

I still don't get why this is worth 4 times as much as a standard 850 T5?

The Flying Banana
Monday 9th April 2012, 13:52

And that is why Volvo 850Rs and T-5Rs will never be worth anything really, this is the only forum that doesnt bum up the value of their cars, all said and done its a rare car and should be counted as such amongst pertrolheads but its not, people would rather slag them off, break them up etc, they could easily be up ther with some of the classics about today,

I drive up and down the country, i see bucket loads of T5s, C70s, even Porsches, Ferraris , i have yet to see a yellow T5R ...they are there but very few and probs not driven much, that is why they should be worth more than a standard T5 !

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 13:57
And that is why Volvo 850Rs and T-5Rs will never be worth anything really, this is the only forum that doesnt bum up the value of their cars, all said and done its a rare car and should be counted as such amongst pertrolheads but its not, people would rather slag them off, break them up etc, they could easily be up ther with some of the classics about today,

I drive up and down the country, i see bucket loads of T5s, C70s, even Porsches, Ferraris , i have yet to see a yellow T5R ...they are there but very few and probs not driven much, that is why they should be worth more than a standard T5 !

Hear hear, our cars are worth naff all to people on this forum

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:12
Hear hear, our cars are worth naff all to people on this forum

I agree the value is put down on the very basic idea that it's nothing more than a jazzed up T5..

Why is a Sierra Sapphire RS Cosworth worth so much more than a Sierra Sapphire Ghia when the differences between them are quite simply basic and why when someone converts a Sierra Ghia into a Cosworth and asks Cosworth money for it do they get flammed on the likes of PassionFord for doing so?

Irrespitive of whether very little seperates the T5 from the R models or not the R's will fetch the premium because their reputation commands it. Yeah you can make a T5 into an identical replica of it's superior other but it's still going to be a giveaway on the logbook because it will never say 850 T5-R or 850 R you can cry about it as much as you like that much is a fact.

Kingsford G
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:13
I don`t know many ppl on here who truly value volvos even though members.It seems like too many ppl after a cheap fast car thats all.When it coems to me I don`t buy a rubbish to keep and pay good price for a car which been looked after.Say that gul,nat many of them left and u know no more will b made so to someone who truly apprecciate those cars 3,5k won`t b a problem.Now tell y this car won`t worth 3,5k?

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:16
I don`t know many ppl on here who truly value volvos even though members.It seems like too many ppl after a cheap fast car thats all.When it coems to me I don`t buy a rubbish to keep and pay good price for a car which been looked after.Say that gul,nat many of them left and u know no more will b made so to someone who truly apprecciate those cars 3,5k won`t b a problem.Now tell y this car won`t worth 3,5k?

I know of a similar car with low mileage that sold for 3 times that value because the buyer specifically wanted the ultimate 850 ;)

Kingsford G
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:18
I know of a similar car with low mileage that sold for 3 times that value because the buyer specifically wanted the ultimate 850 ;)

Thanx Andy.Thats what I mean.Years on he still`ll have a legendary gul R and u can count how many left on yr fingers.

LiamT4
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:22
I really do believe that a in a few years, the 850Rs T5Rs and to a lesser degree, the S/V70Rs will start to go up as they are a definate cult car that interest people.

If you look back at some cars that are now starting to go up in price, i'm thinking cars like normal sierras and e28 5 series, you couldn't give these cars away in the late 90s (i know, we got about £400 for my dads 525e) yet now they are slowly going back up in price. As are many other cars.

As i'v said before though, its such a shame that they are'nt rwd.

merc85
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:27
I can safly say that a t5r and 850r drive nowt like a normal t5.

They are quiter seem better built more insulation perhaps??

The steering feels sharpe, the suspension is better doesnt roll into corner's etc etc they are simply so much better to drive.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:29

4 times more?

The Flying Banana
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:48
You could argue the answer is yes because for every 5 T5s seen there isnt a yellow one about ...infact i could honestly say i have seen into the hundreds for T5s and havent seen another yellow one so they are rare and if you really wanted it you will pay the cash !

And I am not biased cos i have one, i love mine and payed alot for it because at the time i could have had a cheaper 850R or a green T5R but i wanted yellow so i paid the price

yellowt5r
Monday 9th April 2012, 16:07
Its mine,

Ive not relisted it due to bidding it up to high, why would i bid over my reserve??? i could of saved myself £7 in doing so.

buyer had won on it and then said he could not do the deposit, and can collect in just over a week. not want i wanted. its not had a paddle clutch either. was going to list it on here but seems to of been notice already. i have done alot of work and only selling as i have 4 kids and just not practical to use, hence why its not being used much. so sadly might as well sell. Buyer claims he does want it but i said im not willing to hold on to it without the deposit. IF he comes back to me before its sold then i would give it to him at the winning price. again i have a reserve so do not need to bid on my own items.

hope thats cleared up any concerns.

yellowt5r
Monday 9th April 2012, 16:14
Apparently he wasn't going to bang on about how effin rare this car was but it's in the title on ebay

I am anyway.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3788483.htm

BTW its an 18yr old yellow 850 with no air con - but at least the rust will blend in. LOL

well how many are the yellow ones on here in a manual compared to the t-5s in manual?

The Flying Banana
Monday 9th April 2012, 17:17
well how many are the yellow ones on here in a manual compared to the t-5s in manual?

Stick to your guns mate, its worth it !

yellowt5r
Monday 9th April 2012, 17:28
Stick to your guns mate, its worth it !

Cheers FB its been a while since i was on here. See your still here.lol.

i would just like a sale to a good home. not much to ask. is it???

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 17:30
Its mine,

Ive not relisted it due to bidding it up to high, why would i bid over my reserve??? i could of saved myself £7 in doing so.

buyer had won on it and then said he could not do the deposit, and can collect in just over a week. not want i wanted. its not had a paddle clutch either. was going to list it on here but seems to of been notice already. i have done alot of work and only selling as i have 4 kids and just not practical to use, hence why its not being used much. so sadly might as well sell. Buyer claims he does want it but i said im not willing to hold on to it without the deposit. IF he comes back to me before its sold then i would give it to him at the winning price. again i have a reserve so do not need to bid on my own items.

hope thats cleared up any concerns.

Looks to me to be a nice car from the pictures, best of luck with finding an owner who will look after it :)

Wobbly Dave
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:14
Don't worry about me - I am just grumpy & I have never owned a yellow one.

GLWTS

Jimmie
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:49
Stick to what you want for it.
An item is never sold untill you have funds in your hand.