PDA

View Full Version : Seat swap

andyb1375
Saturday 7th April 2012, 08:48
Has anyone swapped early V70 seats into a later V70.

Obviously the seats are a direct swap, but the early ones don't have SIPS and this will put the airbag light on.

Is there a way to wire the car harness to fool the system ?

daza-b
Saturday 7th April 2012, 12:26
Has anyone swapped early V70 seats into a later V70.

Obviously the seats are a direct swap, but the early ones don't have SIPS and this will put the airbag light on.

Is there a way to wire the car harness to fool the system ?

im sure there will be a way, but fooling safety systems is not condoned here ;) lol

poormansporsche
Saturday 7th April 2012, 12:46
On my old vectra you could buy a resistor direct from recaro so I'm sure something could be knocked up for the Volvo , wouldn't like to be the one to try it though !

M-R-P
Saturday 7th April 2012, 16:50
Dunno mate, I played it safe and got some P2 leather seats and pulled the power for a few hours before starting work.
I'll do a thread later but heres a pic...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/FD4DEC39-orig.jpg

andyb1375
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:33
On my old vectra you could buy a resistor direct from recaro so I'm sure something could be knocked up for the Volvo , wouldn't like to be the one to try it though !

Thanks. you are right it would be the same a s fitting aftermarket seats !!

andyb1375
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:34
Dunno mate, I played it safe and got some P2 leather seats and pulled the power for a few hours before starting work.
I'll do a thread later but heres a pic...
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/FD4DEC39-orig.jpg

Thanks Martin but already had the seats and don't want to waste them

M-R-P
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:51
55.50 for the lot - worth playing it safe. If you trigger the srs warning, it wont go away and Volvo charge a fortune to reset it.
Keep us posted mate. Really interested in weather or not its possible :)