PDA

View Full Version : Frankie's 850R project thread

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 07:07
Thought i would start a thread for this new motor.
Going to be leaving in a bit heading down to the coast to pick up my new "R", i'm like an exciteable kid lol

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/grey850r.jpg

cherry1809
Saturday 7th April 2012, 07:44
Lol, I like that feeling. :D

bigrotch
Saturday 7th April 2012, 08:13
man i like that car mate...id say keep them wheels on it aswell

mitchyboy01
Saturday 7th April 2012, 08:47
I love buying cars, especially a new project. Good luck!

dalhousie2008
Saturday 7th April 2012, 08:52
Good luck matey

Dan850r
Saturday 7th April 2012, 08:52
Good luck with it, looks mean in that colour

mitchyboy01
Saturday 7th April 2012, 10:01
Frankie, you might be interested in this

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/18947-mte-stage-2-for-for-850r-manual/page__fromsearch__1

Gunscrossed
Saturday 7th April 2012, 11:33
Looks nice mate, where's everyone finding these 850's!

Kingsford G
Saturday 7th April 2012, 13:55

Black market mate.

Kingsford G
Saturday 7th April 2012, 14:00

http://forums.t5d5.org/topic/18947-mte-stage-2-for-for-850r-manual/page__fromsearch__1

Bargain for someone.

jayeastanglia
Saturday 7th April 2012, 16:34

they are around if you look carefully,but seems like a lot of people are holding onto them now

Kingsford G
Saturday 7th April 2012, 16:41
they are around if you look carefully,but seems like a lot of people are holding onto them now

Especially black,gul,grey ones top colours for an R.

Nealevo
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:11

No red it best lol

dalhousie2008
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:15

I will eventually get the black 850r back up and running. Definately within the next month, well maybe and stick some pics on, body work is lovely.

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:40

would have been if it were a manual lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:49
Just make sure you look after it as when you sell it in a couple of month's (as you always do) ill have it for the Mrs :)

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:53
cheers james lol, well just got home from southampton, and it drives pretty well, its well overboosting so i'll fiddle with the actuator tomorrow, need a couple of other little things like an expansion tank, and either front discs or wishbones?, ill find out when i put it in for its mot this week

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 18:54
Just make sure you look after it as when you sell it in a couple of month's (as you always do) ill have it for the Mrs :)

you wish lol, i dont think there is anything i'd prefer as a daily driver though mate, serously gonna make you jealous when i wash and polish it tomorrow and show you the photos lol

bigrotch
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:02
How was the drive back frankie... Nice to have 850r again fella

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:12
How was the drive back frankie... Nice to have 850r again fella

yeah lovely mate, its overboosting so couldn'tstick mt toe down really, which was a shame as had a bloke in a turquoise t5 wanting to play up to 120km/h lol

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:19
Thought i would start a thread for this new motor.
Going to be leaving in a bit heading down to the coast to pick up my new "R", i'm like an exciteable kid lol

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/grey850r.jpg

It's got T5R titan alloys on it instead of the standard volans, look a lot better imo :smile:

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:23
It's got T5R titan alloys on it instead of the standard volans, look a lot better imo :smile:

think your right mate , i'm gonna keep them

bigrotch
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:23
Grey / black ones allways look better with titans they give it a meaner look

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:26
think your right mate , i'm gonna keep them

I am right as I had them on my old T5R lol :P

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:27
I am right as I had them on my old T5R lol :P

may just whack my 19" pegs on it really would look the nuts then

LiamT4
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:35

Yeah but 19s, on a daily?

jayeastanglia
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:36
yeah lovely mate, its overboosting so couldn'tstick mt toe down really, which was a shame as had a bloke in a turquoise t5 wanting to play up to 120km/h lol

dont think that was me unless you was on the M6 this morning

claymore
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:36

Lol, that I would like to see :D

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:37
dont think that was me unless you was on the M6 this morning

no mate it was way too fast to be yours pmsl

mitchyboy01
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:38
would have been if it were a manual lol

Sorry mate thought yours was a manual

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:38
Sorry mate thought yours was a manual

nah didnt want one

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:39
My old one on genuine 18" peg's lowered 20 mm on Eibach springs and no problems, very comfortable, not sure about 19's as a daily driver though

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/DSC02274.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/DSC02275.jpg

Jamest5r
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:40
Swapz???

V70 T5, 155000 full history, koni's + all new rubber, cat-back, mapped etc etc, if you can match the spec :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/gaylesnewcar004.jpg

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:46
My old one on genuine 18" peg's lowered 20 mm on Eibach springs and no problems, very comfortable, not sure about 19's as a daily driver though

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/DSC02274.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/DSC02275.jpg

thats gorgeous mate, better than that rep motor you have now lol, bet you are gutted you don't have it any more

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:49
Swapz???

V70 T5, 155000 full history, koni's + all new rubber, cat-back, mapped etc etc, if you can match the spec :)

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy185/jamesclancy/gaylesnewcar004.jpg

lol you wish, i dont need to match the spec, its an 850r, and the body is cleeeeeeeeeeeean i like this motor mate, trip to hamish very soon lol

Jamest5r
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:55
lol you wish, i dont need to match the spec, its an 850r, and the body is cleeeeeeeeeeeean i like this motor mate, trip to hamish very soon lol

Worth a shot lol

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:56
Worth a shot lol

done the v70 thing now mate, nice motor just sell it and buy an 850

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 19:57
thats gorgeous mate, better than that rep motor you have now lol, bet you are gutted you don't have it any more

i do love that green one with those pegs, best 850 colour by a mile

craigoodwood
Saturday 7th April 2012, 21:40
i do love that green one with those pegs, best 850 colour by a mile

Swapz??? :D:D

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww155/craig-abby/P190311_1733.jpg

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 21:43
Swapz??? :D:D

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww155/craig-abby/P190311_1733.jpg

don't quite look like that one though eh? lol

craigoodwood
Saturday 7th April 2012, 21:48
don't quite look like that one though eh? lol

it would with your 19's on though eh? mmmmmmmmm :cool::cool:

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 21:50
it would with your 19's on though eh? mmmmmmmmm :cool::cool:

but think how good the 19's would look on that polished grey one

craigoodwood
Saturday 7th April 2012, 21:56
:cry::cry::cry:

anyone got last weeks autotrader mag?? :saint:

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 21:58
:cry::cry::cry:

anyone got last weeks autotrader mag?? :saint:

how much you got and what is it you want?

craigoodwood
Saturday 7th April 2012, 22:14
a red 850R auto, i canny get it out my head :(

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 22:17
a red 850R auto, i canny get it out my head :(

got any money? i'll keep my eye out

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 7th April 2012, 23:07

Been there and done it and all that. Really loved it but got rid because a wanted the C70 that's in my avatar. Did that up then got bored of it lol. Both were running around 270bhp and to be honest they were okay in a straight line but not really sports cars but I knew that all along, both were just very fast and comfortable.
I wouldn't say my M3 is a rep mobile lol, if it was a 318 I'd agree with you lol. I was recently offered £10,000 for it and turned it down :crazy:

T5frankie
Saturday 7th April 2012, 23:09
Been there and done it and all that. Really loved it but got rid because a wanted the C70 that's in my avatar. Did that up then got bored of it lol. Both were running around 270bhp and to be honest they were okay in a straight line but not really sports cars but I knew that all along, both were just very fast and comfortable.
I wouldn't say my M3 is a rep mobile lol, if it was a 318 I'd agree with you lol. I was recently offered £10,000 for it and turned it down :crazy:

nice motors m3's i had a burn up with one the other week (quite short) and there was nothing in it

foammanmark
Saturday 7th April 2012, 23:19
That's a really wicked looking motor Frankie, and I look forward to seeing you work your magic on it!

MIKESC70T5
Saturday 7th April 2012, 23:34
nice motors m3's i had a burn up with one the other week (quite short) and there was nothing in it

He wasn't giving it the full beans then, I've obviously had both and the M3 evo in standard form is 320bhp and is a lot quicker especially accelerating when your into 3 digit figures. The earlier 3.0 ltr models were 286 bhp so maybe would of been close with your remapped Volvo.

mitchyboy01
Sunday 8th April 2012, 00:10
Frankies 311bhp and heaps more torque would easily keep with an M3 evo in a straight line. With less transmission loss it would probably be putting more power to the road let alone the extra mountain of torque. Round the twisties the beemer would be far superior though as you know. My T4 with only 285bhp and 320lbft clocked 60-100 in 6.3 secs in 4th gear!

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 09:21
Frankies 311bhp and heaps more torque would easily keep with an M3 evo in a straight line. With less transmission loss it would probably be putting more power to the road let alone the extra mountain of torque. Round the twisties the beemer would be far superior though as you know. My T4 with only 285bhp and 320lbft clocked 60-100 in 6.3 secs in 4th gear!

probably twice the torque of an m3 lol, probably would out pull it given enough straight road, my 60-100 was 6.6 secs

MIKESC70T5
Sunday 8th April 2012, 10:13
probably twice the torque of an m3 lol, probably would out pull it given enough straight road, my 60-100 was 6.6 secs

That's why i got bored of my Volvo's, great in a straight line, but just no good in the twistys. At the end of the day the Volvo T5's were never really designed to be sport cars, just really comfortable and quick in a straight line, handling never came into the equation lol. Maybe I should put a super charger on mine and see what happens :D
At least your going in the right direction dumping the V70 and getting an 850R, one day you'll get a proper one and have a T-5r manual estate which are the rarest and the most desirable ;)

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th April 2012, 10:29
That's why i got bored of my Volvo's, great in a straight line, but just no good in the twistys. At the end of the day the Volvo T5's were never really designed to be sport cars, just really comfortable and quick in a straight line, handling never came into the equation lol. Maybe I should put a super charger on mine and see what happens :D
At least your going in the right direction dumping the V70 and getting an 850R, one day you'll get a proper one and have a T-5r manual estate which are the rarest and the most desirable ;)

I know what you mean regards handling, you can kind of make them handle better, but you def feel its something that you have to force them to do. But good engines, which work well with the manual box better, but i love my autos and manuals.

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 10:34

must be you lot cos i make make mine hustle through the bends, i would love a manual t5-r, had an auto one, i still have my s70r manual which will be a beast when its done.

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th April 2012, 10:41
Yeah the auto's hussle, but sometimes aren't quite with you and seem to me alot slower after 80-ish on hard acceleration. But still love the lazy driving aspect of the auto especially on the motorway with cruise on and i've found hardly any diff in mpg on motorways between the two. Ideally an auto tuned abit would be a great daily driver, be interesting in seeing what you make out of it.

One thing you do notice lol, with the auto is the brakes!! shows up worse without the engine braking.

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 10:46
Yeah the auto's hussle, but sometimes aren't quite with you and seem to me alot slower after 80-ish on hard acceleration. But still love the lazy driving aspect of the auto especially on the motorway with cruise on and i've found hardly any diff in mpg on motorways between the two. Ideally an auto tuned abit would be a great daily driver, be interesting in seeing what you make out of it.

One thing you do notice lol, with the auto is the brakes!! shows up worse without the engine braking.

thats cos the autos all come with little turbos, i know what you mean about brakes i'm forever cracking discs lol

volvokid
Sunday 8th April 2012, 10:56
thats cos the autos all come with little turbos, i know what you mean about brakes i'm forever cracking discs lol

How the heck do you crack a disk?

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 10:59

thats what living in milton keynes does to an auto t5 mate, all 70 mph dual carriage ways everywhere leading up to roundabouts so your forever on your brakes and hard if you are me lol

volvokid
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:01
I would never have thought disks cracked like that, too tip don't push the pedal so hard lol

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:17
I would never have thought disks cracked like that, too tip don't push the pedal so hard lol

its only in mk thats ever happened and fuel consumtion living there was terrible as always accelerate/stop driving

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:17
thats what living in milton keynes does to an auto t5 mate, all 70 mph dual carriage ways everywhere leading up to roundabouts so your forever on your brakes and hard if you are me lol

Not the home of the V's and H's lol, more roundabouts than a motherfocker!

Still feel slower than a similar turbo'd auto, but would love to see how you get on with yours after modding, you uprating the auto box oil cooler.

But i do think a good 16T exhaust airfilter would work wonders. Tell you what for comparison purposes i have a standard T5r auto estate (now brother in laws). Should take them to the pod and run side by side, see the difference, be really interesting.

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:25
Not the home of the V's and H's lol, more roundabouts than a motherfocker!

Still feel slower than a similar turbo'd auto, but would love to see how you get on with yours after modding, you uprating the auto box oil cooler.

But i do think a good 16T exhaust airfilter would work wonders. Tell you what for comparison purposes i have a standard T5r auto estate (now brother in laws). Should take them to the pod and run side by side, see the difference, be really interesting.

wasn't really going to mod the 850r thats what i have the s70r for mate, although bigger turbo and map.......no must resist temptation lol

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:41
10 mins time you'll be up for it lol. Never really seen a tuned auto, but i like the dark colours of the 850r especially i.e my black your grey.

Mine is very low and looks mean all blacked out windows. I really need to get it sorted, been putting it back to standard. Prob thinking about it i'lll keep the koni's on it.

With all the bits i've sold off it, it now owes me £400 or something stupid. Paid more for the BX lol with the transportation

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:43
10 mins time you'll be up for it lol. Never really seen a tuned auto, but i like the dark colours of the 850r especially i.e my black your grey.

Mine is very low and looks mean all blacked out windows. I really need to get it sorted, been putting it back to standard. Prob thinking about it i'lll keep the koni's on it.

With all the bits i've sold off it, it now owes me £400 or something stupid. Paid more for the BX lol with the transportation

andy had a tuned turbo that was pretty quick hybrid turbo etc

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:50
A tuned auto? i have a auto rica 304 ecu, which i use as it will fit any of my cars, does make a nice diff to the autos. Good thing about the autos is no drama getting away

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:52
A tuned auto? i have a auto rica 304 ecu, which i use as it will fit any of my cars, does make a nice diff to the autos. Good thing about the autos is no drama getting away

you wanna sell it?

dalhousie2008
Sunday 8th April 2012, 11:55
Def no i lucked in buying it, it fits any 850, its the 549 ecu. So i only need the one which is very handy. If i see one up for sale ill let you know.

Kingsford G
Sunday 8th April 2012, 12:30

Andys car is fast I`ve seen it go,credit to the owner.

jayeastanglia
Sunday 8th April 2012, 12:34

milton keynes = Land of loads of roundabouts and where traffic lights have yet to be invented..

spent 10 months with a van round that area and went through brakes pads very quickly all that fast straights and hard braking is enough to heat up the discs quickly and then cooled on the fast straights making them crack

LiamT4
Sunday 8th April 2012, 13:01

Lets hope he gets it sorted and keeps it.

mitchyboy01
Sunday 8th April 2012, 14:46

I agree with you on the handling for definite! I had a 328i E36 lowered and it was awesome round the bends. After my 850 t5s my t4 was a revelation and felt a lot more modern, hence me sticking with it. Not in an M3s league handing wise but not a million miles away with a few mods, great in a straight line and cheap to buy and insure.

nottsgreent5
Sunday 8th April 2012, 17:41
my old t5 auto seemed very quick mid range with 16t blues rica 304 and apexi acvr was miles quicker than the R auto ive got now

craigoodwood
Sunday 8th April 2012, 18:09
:worthless

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 18:29
Got out there and did quite a bit today, washed and polished it, nicked the v70r lights, which i think the 850 lights really suit the saffy, i fitted the 7 seat conversion as well, then i had a go at the manky interior it was disgusting, even dyed the worn leather seats
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew10.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew12.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew8.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew11.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew9.jpg

T5frankie
Sunday 8th April 2012, 18:32
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew7.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew1.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew6.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew5.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew4.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew3.jpg

Jamest5r
Keep it up mate looking fine, should be finished in a couple of months for you to sell :)

nottsgreent5
nice looking collection lol think the grey ones the best looker lol

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 14:50

They do exist...

Thanks Frankie, that's the first time I think you've complemented me on the performance of my car... Perhaps that's because you know how hard you had to work yours to achieve a slightly better 1/4 time than me, of course bearing in mind I can't launch mine and I have less WHP than you.
Still got to work on that terminal speed though as I've still pipped you to the post on that one.... :haha:

I got mine standard and have modified it in stages. I started off just literally with the Rica 304 and it transformed the car making it a quick car but tbh the changes it has had since then have made it faster perhaps not 0-50 but especially after 2nd gear where the private roads and raceways allow ;)

Thanks KG, take it you liked that then ;)

Lets hope he gets it sorted and keeps it.

Oh yes, I think it would be a shame to let it go before it's time. So as the old addage goes ... bigger and better next time, just doing my research now. Hunting for the high 13's now, got to up my game against Frankie ;)

Got out there and did quite a bit today, washed and polished it, nicked the v70r lights, which i think the 850 lights really suit the saffy, i fitted the 7 seat conversion as well, then i had a go at the manky interior it was disgusting, even dyed the worn leather seats
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew10.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew12.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew8.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew11.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew9.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew7.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew1.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew6.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew5.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew4.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/v70rnew3.jpg

Looks lovely, the colour is fantastic of course..... and I agree the oranges on the V70 just look right.

martybelfastt5
Monday 9th April 2012, 15:13
looking good what products did u use on your seats?

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:04
They do exist...

Thanks Frankie, that's the first time I think you've complemented me on the performance of my car... Perhaps that's because you know how hard you had to work yours to achieve a slightly better 1/4 time than me, of course bearing in mind I can't launch mine and I have less WHP than you.
Still got to work on that terminal speed though as I've still pipped you to the post on that one.... :haha:

I got mine standard and have modified it in stages. I started off just literally with the Rica 304 and it transformed the car making it a quick car but tbh the changes it has had since then have made it faster perhaps not 0-50 but especially after 2nd gear where the private roads and raceways allow ;)

Thanks KG, take it you liked that then ;)

Oh yes, I think it would be a shame to let it go before it's time. So as the old addage goes ... bigger and better next time, just doing my research now. Hunting for the high 13's now, got to up my game against Frankie ;)

Looks lovely, the colour is fantastic of course..... and I agree the oranges on the V70 just look right.

the v70r is now in retirement, it will never beat its 14.29 that i got at santa pod then avon, there was more in it, just i will never know now, i thought you'd like this one andy lol, the orange lights do look nice on the saffy, and they are made of the the newer material so no fade

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:06
looking good what products did u use on your seats?

its grey dye comes in a plastic tub, called buffalo i think i just apply it with a cloth. I have used it on 5 cars now or so and still have half a tub left lol

Jamest5r
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:10
You ready to sell it yet? :)

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:10
I lifted the bonnet up and this afternoon and there was this object that jumped out at me, i dont think it wanted to be in this car lol

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/850rturbo1.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/850rturbo.jpg

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:12
You ready to sell it yet? :)

everything has a price jimbo, make me an offer i cant refuse lol, since yesterday its gained v70 lights, seven seat conversion, but lost its turbo

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:19
the v70r is now in retirement, it will never beat its 14.29 that i got at santa pod then avon, there was more in it, just i will never know now, i thought you'd like this one andy lol, the orange lights do look nice on the saffy, and they are made of the the newer material so no fade

Retired, but still a good effort none the less...
Yeah I've heard the later 850 lights are made for better materials, I wonder what was it that made you think I'd like this car then..... lol

I lifted the bonnet up and this afternoon and there was this object that jumped out at me, i dont think it wanted to be in this car lol

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/850rturbo1.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/850rturbo.jpg

You've had the car over 24hrs now and it's still sporting it's original top mount! Shame on you Frankie!!!!!

I don't remember seeing the mileage stated anywhere, how many miles has the car covered?

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:21
Retired, but still a good effort none the less...
Yeah I've heard the later 850 lights are made for better materials, I wonder what was it that made you think I'd like this car then..... lol

You've had the car over 24hrs now and it's still sporting it's original top mount! Shame on you Frankie!!!!!

I don't remember seeing the mileage stated anywhere, how many miles has the car covered?

it will be keeping the top mount mate, just want a quiet driver for everyday use, its on 177k mate

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:22
it will be keeping the top mount mate, just want a quiet driver for everyday use, its on 177k mate

I'm going to drag that comment up the minute you start going further than a chip.... lol

Average mileage for age, see if you can get it to 200k before you sell it... or is it going to be more like 177,200 miles? lol

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:24
I'm going to drag that comment up the minute you start going further than a chip.... lol

Average mileage for age, see if you can get it to 200k before you sell it... or is it going to be more like 177,200 miles? lol

you not noticed that i have already whipped the 15g out then?

Jamest5r
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:24
everything has a price jimbo, make me an offer i cant refuse lol, since yesterday its gained v70 lights, seven seat conversion, but lost its turbo

Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeee Paaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddd :)

dalhousie2008
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:25
With out reading the entire thread frankie, are you stripping the v70r of goodies for the s70r? Then selling the v70r standard?

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:25
you not noticed that i have already whipped the 15g out then?

I wasn't going to comment on that until I see what's replacing it or more to the point why you've removed it in the first place... ;)

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:26
Onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeee Paaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnndddddddd :)

PMSL!!

I'd be prepared to go double that ;)

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:26
I wasn't going to comment on that until I see what's replacing it or more to the point why you've removed it in the first place... ;)

cos its getting my old 18t mate lol:wave23d:

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:27
With out reading the entire thread frankie, are you stripping the v70r of goodies for the s70r? Then selling the v70r standard?

yes mate, nearly all done bar the turbo and exhaust, which will be getting done this week

dalhousie2008
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:29
cool, you've got a custom map you'll be able to swap over as well, being a bit lighter should be a winner!!

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:31

exactly right mate, nearly swapped the whole lot, just turbo and exhaust left. i swapped brakes, wheels, bonnet,ecu under bonnet goodies, silver trim inside, boost gauge, etc etc. v70r will only have the top mount left

Jamest5r
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:32

Wrong choice mate, the 15g is the perfect turbo for the auto imho, just works so well with the low down grunt and auto box, your gonna spoil it so just sell it now before i have to repair your mistakes :)

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:32
cool, you've got a custom map you'll be able to swap over as well, being a bit lighter should be a winner!!

that was the whole point, 85kgs lighter should mean a quicker car and it will handle better

dalhousie2008
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:33
Thats fukking fast work buddy, been pising down here all day. Mind i got the wheel sorted on blacky just fit turbo and a few bits and she'll be alive. Try and mot the greeny next week.

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:33
Wrong choice mate, the 15g is the perfect turbo for the auto imho, just works so well with the low down grunt and auto box, your gonna spoil it so just sell it now before i have to repair your mistakes :)

no mate an 18t is still small, but i drove it the other day and it was gutless after 100 or so

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:35

Oh dear... Please welcome my new signature as inspired by your very own words :)

Agreed 15G works well with the auto :)

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:36
no mate an 18t is still small, but i drove it the other day and it was gutless after 100 or so

KPH I hope :)

Think you could improve the performance without removing the 15G ;)

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:37
Oh dear... Please welcome my new signature as inspired by your very own words :)

Agreed 15G works well with the auto :)

stuff it i'll just stick my 19t on it, just for a laugh lol

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:38
stuff it i'll just stick my 19t on it, just for a laugh lol

Do you want me to start a wanted thread for a gearbox now? Or shall we wait until you kill your current one?

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:39
KPH I hope :)

Think you could improve the performance without removing the 15G ;)

of course km/h lol, with the 18t and a remap it will be a flying machine, i want mid range punch

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:40
of course km/h lol, with the 18t and a remap it will be a flying machine, i want mid range punch

All joking aside I'd be interested in seeing the results of that :)

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:42
All joking aside I'd be interested in seeing the results of that :)

everyone knows i hate stock 15g's..

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:43
everyone knows i hate stock 15g's..

You've never had a good one that's why....

leet5r
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:44
got a angled16t here for sale, and a spare titan if thats any good to ya

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:46
got a angled16t here for sale, and a spare titan if thats any good to ya

no use to me mate, i have a straight downpipe and a space saver as have a 7 seater, thanks anyway

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:49
no use to me mate, i have a straight downpipe and a space saver as have a 7 seater, thanks anyway

Plus you should really be on the look out for Volans as it's an 850R not a T5-R... peepo

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:49
You've never had a good one that's why....

ive had loads mate 11 oir 12 t5's now

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:50

Ok sorry, you've clearly never had a fast one then ;)

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:51
Plus you should really be on the look out for Volans as it's an 850R not a T5-R... peepo

ive already been offered a swap for volans, but as everybody has said the titans look much better

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:51
Ok sorry, you've clearly never had a fast one then ;)

yours was so quick you had to hybrid it lol

dalhousie2008
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:55

I've had 6 in a year lol, I think I prefer the Volans on the 850r and titans on the t5rs. Maybe it's mymind thinking the look out of place

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:55
ive already been offered a swap for volans, but as everybody has said the titans look much better

Should have taken that offer..... :)

yours was so quick you had to hybrid it lol

It's still a 15G just a different take on the same theme ;)

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:59
Should have taken that offer..... :)

It's still a 15G just a different take on the same theme ;)

what you have is a garett hybrid lol

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 19:59
I've had 6 in a year lol, I think I prefer the Volans on the 850r and titans on the t5rs. Maybe it's mymind thinking the look out of place

it is your mind as they are the same car really,just think of mine as a rare grey t5-r lol

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:01
what you have is a garett hybrid lol

No, what I have is a Mitsubishi 15G with a machined compressor housing so the Garrett compressor wheel fits, the rest is still 15G ;)

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:07
No, what I have is a Mitsubishi 15G with a machined compressor housing so the Garrett compressor wheel fits, the rest is still 15G ;)

i'm gonna send my 19t off and get it machined to except a 20g wheel :smile:

leet5r
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:08
just but a hahn hybrid thats all ready done , they use them on volvospeed m8

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:11
i'm gonna send my 19t off and get it machined to except a 20g wheel :smile:

lol, your dead set on the idea of headbutting that horizon aren't you!

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:12
just but a hahn hybrid thats all ready done , they use them on volvospeed m8

but i already own the turbos so would be cheap, whats the hahn hybrid?

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:13
lol, your dead set on the idea of headbutting that horizon aren't you!

it will never be enough, forged engine next year with mahoooooive turbo

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:14
it will never be enough, forged engine next year with mahoooooive turbo

I don't think there's room on this forum for your head to get any bigger though.... ;) pmsl

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:21
I don't think there's room on this forum for your head to get any bigger though.... ;) pmsl

lol, its the banter that sets this forum apart from the other dumps

Kingsford G
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:23
I`m dreding to think what if Frankie wins a lottery lol

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:42
I`m dreding to think what if Frankie wins a lottery lol

I doubt even with the money from a lottery win we'd be able to acquire enough forum space.

Oh sorry you meant with his car... :rally_dri

AndysR
Monday 9th April 2012, 20:43
lol, its the banter that sets this forum apart from the other dumps

The friendly and relaxed banter on this forum does add value I agree :)

MIKESC70T5
Monday 9th April 2012, 21:35
it is your mind as they are the same car really,just think of mine as a rare grey t5-r lol

T-5R's were made in limited numbers , the 850r's were a standard production model hence not as desirable :rolleyes:

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 21:43
T-5R's were made in limited numbers , the 850r's were a standard production model hence not as desirable :rolleyes:

i would prefer a mint olive t5-r manual estate like your old one or jims, but definately on this forum the 850r is more desired by most and is a better car really

MIKESC70T5
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:04
i would prefer a mint olive t5-r manual estate like your old one or jims, but definately on this forum the 850r is more desired by most and is a better car really

Why does this forum think an automatic 850r is more desirable then the original manual T-5R?

LiamT4
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:13
I think he means the 850R manual over the T5r.

Frankies got an auto because he prefers that as a daily driver.

T5frankie
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:18
Why does this forum think an automatic 850r is more desirable then the original manual T-5R?

not more desirable to me, just seems most people would prefer the 850r to a t5-r after all when comparing manuals it has a bigger turbo, and lsd a better interior etc etc, but i prefer the t5-r's in green

merc85
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:22
I want a 7 seater Manual Gul, can someone buy me one please lol

WOODY T5
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:23
just want my t5 faster

LiamT4
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:25
just want my t5 faster

Its fast enough as it is! lol

WOODY T5
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:31
always room for more bhp mate now the body work is sorted time for an engine build

LiamT4
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:33
always room for more bhp mate now the body work is sorted time for an engine build

True.

I need to get a supercharger for mine so i can keep up with you. lol

WOODY T5
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:48
could turn the boost mate if that helps lol

LiamT4
Monday 9th April 2012, 22:58
could turn the boost mate if that helps lol

A boosted 540 would be nice.
Stage 1 supercharge kit from C A automotive is around 405bhp, but costs a few pennies. lol

Kingsford G
Monday 9th April 2012, 23:05
I want a 7 seater Manual Gul, can someone buy me one please lol

We'll sort something out mate.

merc85
Monday 9th April 2012, 23:14
We'll sort something out mate.

You won the lotto?? lol

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 15:34
latest pics of the "R"

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0343.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0344.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0345.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0346.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0347.jpg

dalhousie2008
Sunday 20th May 2012, 16:22
Looks nice with the pegs

smithy
Sunday 20th May 2012, 16:59
latest pics of the "R"

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0343.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0344.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0345.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0346.jpg
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0347.jpg

nice pic need a proper grill though

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 18:39
nice pic need a proper grill though

funny enough i'm gonna keep the standard grill, i dont like any of the aftermarket 850 ones

merc85
Sunday 20th May 2012, 18:40
Thats looking smart mate

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 18:43
Thats looking smart mate

its getting there mate thanks

Jamest5r
Sunday 20th May 2012, 19:00
Just showed it to the Mrs and she said "perfect except for the wheel's" just where im heading with her project just with different wheel's :)

Personally i think it looks great and very understated for you, just needs lowering a touch.

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 19:03
Just showed it to the Mrs and she said "perfect except for the wheel's" just where im heading with her project just with different wheel's :)

Personally i think it looks great and very understated for you, just needs lowering a touch.

cant lower it with those wheels on and its staying comfy anyway so won't be lowering it, what do women know about style? lol she has volans lol :cuckoo:

Jamest5r
Sunday 20th May 2012, 19:07
Im with you on this one just look at my car lol, but each to their own :)

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 19:08
Im with you on this one just look at my car lol, but each to their own :)

its the wheels that makes the car, could do with some 18's though lol, it will soon have some go to match the show

S70T5Chris
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:12
The car's looking good mate.

Rhys
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:20
Very nice looking car :)

When are you breaking it http://cluster.t5d5.org//public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gifhttp://cluster.t5d5.org//public/style_emoticons/default/pmsl.gif

Seams to be folks get their cars looking great then break them lol

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:21
The car's looking good mate.

getting it looking good now mate,all down to you cheers mate got my t.w map coming too

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:21
Very nice looking car :)

When are you breaking it http://cluster.t5d5.org//public/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gifhttp://cluster.t5d5.org//public/style_emoticons/default/pmsl.gif

Seams to be folks get their cars looking great then break them lol

what does that mean? i have only ever broken one car in my life?

Jamest5r
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:24
Front bumper pls :)

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:27
Front bumper pls :)

swap it for the grey bonnet lol

Rhys
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:30
what does that mean? i have only ever broken one car in my life?

Haha, not aimed at you personally - just seams a trend in these times that cars are worth more broken and just when they've either got to the point where they've got it where they want it or just need to sell.

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:32
Haha, not aimed at you personally - just seams a trend in these times that cars are worth more broken and just when they've either got to the point where they've got it where they want it or just need to sell.

my car was my pride and joy but cos of a couple of irritating problems i couldnt get good money for it when i wanted to sell it, i got double what i could of sold it for in bits

Jamest5r
Sunday 20th May 2012, 20:49
swap it for the grey bonnet lol

Need one of those as well lol, got a mint one in silver if your interested :)

Rhys
Sunday 20th May 2012, 21:11
my car was my pride and joy but cos of a couple of irritating problems i couldnt get good money for it when i wanted to sell it, i got double what i could of sold it for in bits

Yep, feel the same way with my 850. Because the autobox leaks like the Torrycanyon (I got Qady's 850R box *kof* 'professionally fitted' by some outfit in Hull) I now can't afford to get it done since buying the V70 (which I have to admit to me is a better car).
If I was able to I'd break it but it'll just have to be sold for peanuts as I can't keep two cars running (it's sorn'd at the mo).

Anyway, your car is looking good from those pics, what ya got planned next?

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 21:11
Need one of those as well lol, got a mint one in silver if your interested :)

you reckon that would look good? just a little laquer thats come off, may get the whole bonnet sprayed and bumper while i'm at it

LiamT4
Sunday 20th May 2012, 22:13
cant lower it with those wheels on and its staying comfy anyway so won't be lowering it, what do women know about style? lol she has volans lol :cuckoo:

Don't think the words "comfy" and "19"wheels" go together really.

Looks good mate, but do you know the first thought i had when seeing......i bet thats slow :hidesbehi

Not having a go just that one of the things that annoyed me about the autos was the high gearing and with 19s on you basically gear it up a bit more.

Bet it chugs in 4th :snail:

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 22:15
Don't think the words "comfy" and "19"wheels" go together really.

Looks good mate, but do you know the first thought i had when seeing......i bet thats slow :hidesbehi

Not having a go just that one of the things that annoyed me about the autos was the high gearing and with 19s on you basically gear it up a bit more.

Bet it chugs in 4th :snail:

ive only just put them on and its only temporary until i get my new 17" pegs and sell my titans, why would it be slow with an 18t and map?

LiamT4
Sunday 20th May 2012, 22:23
ive only just put them on and its only temporary until i get my new 17" pegs and sell my titans, why would it be slow with an 18t and map?

Tall gearing made worse by the massive wheels, the bigger turbo will help but that'll have a lot more lag the 15g so worse off the line and in gear performance??

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 22:26
Tall gearing made worse by the massive wheels, the bigger turbo will help but that'll have a lot more lag the 15g so worse off the line and in gear performance??

It doesn't have any more lag than a 15g and it has power after 90 which it didn't have before

LiamT4
Sunday 20th May 2012, 22:37
It doesn't have any more lag than a 15g and it has power after 90 which it didn't have before

Really? I thought an 18t was a lot more laggy than a 15g.

What about this though

"My car is dog slow mate only just kept up with a saab 9-3 tid and a audi A3 tdi up to big speeds"

my s70r didn't have any trouble with saab or a3 diesels.

T5frankie
Sunday 20th May 2012, 22:40
Really? I thought an 18t was a lot more laggy than a 15g.

What about this though

"My car is dog slow mate only just kept up with a saab 9-3 tid and a audi A3 tdi up to big speeds"

my s70r didn't have any trouble with saab or a3 diesels.

It was that they were a lot quicker than I would have thought they would have been, my map is In the post so ill see how it goes when its in

LiamT4
Sunday 20th May 2012, 22:47
It was that they were a lot quicker than I would have thought they would have been, my map is In the post so ill see how it goes when its in

Well i hope it goes better then. But if you want to beat an overweight panzer tank on the 1/4mile at york i'd go back to the 17s :wink:

T5frankie
Monday 21st May 2012, 05:14
Well i hope it goes better then. But if you want to beat an overweight panzer tank on the 1/4mile at york i'd go back to the 17s :wink:

We'll see, its not my racer so not too bothered really

T5frankie
Sunday 27th May 2012, 10:54
boost leak sorted jubilee clip lol the one nearest the turbo wasnt tight at all lol, i only foud out after taking all the boost pipes off though lol, so whilst i was at it i decided to fit my silicone jobbies induction kit and dump valve

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac96/t5frankie/IMAG0364.jpg

need to adjust the actuator i think as it's boosting to 24 psi at the moment lol