PDA

View Full Version : servicing 850 1996 T5

T5lady
Friday 6th April 2012, 22:35
I read somewhere that there's a little gasket or valve that needs to be replaced at every service, but can't for the life or me remember what it is; I do know that to check if it's been done, you lift up the dipstick briefly whilst the engine is running and if a puff of smoke comes out, it hasn't been done.
Am getting old T5 serviced at non Volvo garage for 1st time due to expensive prices.....

merc85
Friday 6th April 2012, 22:38
I read somewhere that there's a little gasket or valve that needs to be replaced at every service, but can't for the life or me remember what it is; I do know that to check if it's been done, you lift up the dipstick briefly whilst the engine is running and if a puff of smoke comes out, it hasn't been done.
Am getting old T5 serviced at non Volvo garage for 1st time due to expensive prices.....

What you are refereing to i belive i the PCV system (breather system), there is a breather box under the intake manifold which needs replacing along with all the Attached breather pipes.

Failure to do this may in the end result to a Leaking Rear Main seal due to too much crankcase pressure.

smithson007
Friday 6th April 2012, 22:39
Also ensure the PTC nipple is cleaned at the same time on the intake pipe.

Martin-t5r
Saturday 7th April 2012, 10:35
Be careful if not replacing the pipe that runs between the Breather box and the ptc nipple, they can go rather brittle and break up...