PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

shakyfromwakey
Friday 6th April 2012, 02:56
Does anyone know who the cheapest insurers are for a C70 T5?

p fandango
Friday 6th April 2012, 04:32
your best just to spend some time phoning or shopping round online. My own renewals just come thru & gone up £178 for no reason, cheapest i've got is from echoice via comparethemarket.com. Prices will vary from person to person depending on location, ncb, mileage, points/convictions etc

Wobbly Dave
Friday 6th April 2012, 12:05
I paid Chris Knott £503 fully comp - 9 years NCB - all mods declared (6 points) on a 1999 C70 T5 with 164K on the clock and SWMBO as named driver (Mrs Wobbly)/

Depends if you want to modify it & price will vary on post code.

foammanmark
Friday 6th April 2012, 12:08
Aviva all day long mate. We have 4 cars with them, 2 being T5's and they are the cheapest by a mile from all the quotes that we've had. You can only go direct though. If you include breakdown cover as well, it's provided by the RAC, so well worth doing as well.

LiamT4
Friday 6th April 2012, 12:37
They vary so much from person to person. But i would recomend giving adrian flux and sky insurance a call.

shakyfromwakey
Friday 6th April 2012, 16:08
Thanks for your suggestions. I will get some quotes before renewing with more than who want £337 tpft.

wacky racer
Friday 6th April 2012, 16:31
I normaly do a search on compare the market, find the cheapest couple on their site, then go to those insurance companies direct. Normaly works out cheaper than compare the market.

Jimmie
Friday 6th April 2012, 19:57
When you go onto internet compare companies it can often affect your quotes from other sources.
They are often owned by the same company and they will compare internaly and you will not know about it.
I was with commercial union now aviva for years but they turned out to be the most expensive for me in the end.
I would recommend having a chat with a good local broker and see what they can offer you.They are very handy if you ever have a claims problem as they will (should)deal with it,

shakyfromwakey
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 01:34
Got some quotes:

gocompare cheapest was igo4 £477 tpft
comparethemarket.com cheapest again igo4 £571 tpft
aviva £446 tpft

thanks again guys it was worth a try

at least my aug98 t5 passed its 7th MOT in a row the other day although it does have a small oil leak from the steering box apparently

Santa
Tuesday 10th April 2012, 06:41
I'd agree with Liam and try Adrian Flux.

shakyfromwakey
Monday 16th April 2012, 06:02
thought I had a good quote from RSA echoice at £208 then I read this:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews123850.html