PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know...

turbo-dave
Tuesday 3rd April 2012, 09:03
Where i can locate a reasonably priced stainless exhaust for my t5 estate?, i feel its time to let it breathe a bit more as she is still completely standard (now has a rica ecu). its just that everywhere i look they are silly money :-(

help!!

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd April 2012, 09:25
I've seen a few second hand systems on the bay for semi-reasonable money but you never know what condition they're in.
I've been looking for a backbox for mine, just for a bit of a burble but because of the angled piping on my box the ones that are a direct fit are about 200quid! any time I get that kind of money, it goes in the tank lol.

turbo-dave
Tuesday 3rd April 2012, 09:34
I've seen a few second hand systems on the bay for semi-reasonable money but you never know what condition they're in.
I've been looking for a backbox for mine, just for a bit of a burble but because of the angled piping on my box the ones that are a direct fit are about 200quid! any time I get that kind of money, it goes in the tank lol.

I know exactly what you mean, i don't want nothing ridiculously loud, just something with a nice warble, plus its weird having a unmolested example of a car (i like to tweek lol) its a little too quiet (until you give it some beans on a private/closed road/ track of course)

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd April 2012, 10:19
That's what I love about mine, all quiet and civil until you prod it with the loud pedal, then it roars like a lion :D
Like you say, you don't wanna get yourself a nice exhaust just to find you can't spend any length of time on the motorway due to a deafening drone from under the car.
as it is, mine's silent at 70 with the cruise on. I like that a lot. My last car was unmolested but it still howled at anything over 65 (2008 nissan note 1.4) made it really unpleasant to drive (not that it wasn't bad enough!)