PDA

View Full Version : Essex Meet

Engineer
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 22:06
Do you guys in East London and Essex want to meet for a beer and chew the fat in the near future? If so let me know on secure message etc. In response to the moan about Avatars, Its not my fault my wipers have packed up, they must be off an old 360 GLT I once had.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 8th September 2005, 00:40
Even I might be tempted to come down and say "OI! OI!" ?

siamblue
Thursday 8th September 2005, 15:19
PM'ed ;)

Mrsmopp
Thursday 8th September 2005, 15:24
Let me know when its all set up and that and I will see what i can do.

x

Engineer
Thursday 8th September 2005, 16:08
Let me know when its all set up and that and I will see what i can do.

xOk, how does Sunday 9th October sound, will PM the pub and time if enough members interested.

siamblue
Thursday 8th September 2005, 16:21
Sounds good to me,

Gary

Andrew
Thursday 8th September 2005, 16:47
I think we discussed this at the last Essex meet - could we make it Stanstead area - makes it a doable trip for a lot more people. If so then count me in.

Andrew.

Engineer
Thursday 8th September 2005, 16:48
I think we discussed this at the last Essex meet - could we make it Stanstead area - makes it a doable trip for a lot more people. If so then count me in.

Andrew. Ok.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 8th September 2005, 23:59
I aint coming if none of the locals can be bothered to show up? Not sure if this is a threat or a relief?

Engineer
Friday 9th September 2005, 00:02
I aint coming if none of the locals can be bothered to show up? Not sure if this is a threat or a relief?Have some faith!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 9th September 2005, 00:04
Just joshing - I will turn up to the opening of an envelope (if it has Volvo written on it)

OI OI - Come on peeps! Show us some support!

Engineer
Friday 9th September 2005, 00:10
Just joshing - I will turn up to the opening of an envelope (if it has Volvo written on it)

OI OI - Come on peeps! Show us some support! Enough said. Lets see who else responds.

splatt
Friday 9th September 2005, 08:30
I will be up for this...work permitting.... :)

Jamie
Friday 9th September 2005, 10:45
Sounds good to me - any dates in mind yet??
J

Engineer
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:19
Ok, the 9th of October it is, in a pub with a decent carpark near Stanstead Airport. Being democratic, if anybody knows of a suitable venue please PM me with location opening times, food supply etc. and I will add to list for consideration. I would like to get this arranged by end of next week. Remember, getting up off your a--- takes an effort! Cheers. :ready2go:

Straker
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:41
Will have to check with mission control but provisionally I'm there. :B_steerin

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:48
I will have no T5 that weekend but if anybody from the midlands fancies a passenger i would be more than happy to come along and say hello.

siamblue
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:53
I will have no T5 that weekend but if anybody from the midlands fancies a passenger i would be more than happy to come along and say hello.

If you go with Wobbly you can be a co Pilot ;)

Mrsmopp
Friday 9th September 2005, 16:56
If you go with Wobbly you can be a co Pilot ;)

Sick bag included LOL

x

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 17:01
Not sure that my back would be done any favours by that.I am in the middle of sueing Wobbly for severe back pain,Damaged hearing(AFTER THE EXHAUST FELL OFF) and mental anguish after the last time.P2 V70r to be bought with the profits!

Vikingxl
Friday 9th September 2005, 17:02
Not sure that my back would be done any favours by that.I am in the middle of sueing Wobbly for severe back pain,Damaged hearing(AFTER THE EXHAUST FELL OFF) and mental anguish after the last time.P2 V70r to be bought with the profits!

Only joking :nutkick:

Jamie
Friday 9th September 2005, 18:28
Cool - sounds like a plan. I'll need to get approval from Mrs Jamie but should be fine! :B_steerin

splatt
Friday 9th September 2005, 23:34
Yep...wll most likely be there...will check with ball and chain but should not be a prob..

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 10th September 2005, 15:34
Shocked and appalled considering it has only taken 3 weeks of therapy for Spesh to recover from the ride to Scotland

Engineer
Saturday 10th September 2005, 18:47
When you all have permission to take a drive out please PM confirmation and I will disclose venue etc. If not enough of you guys can make it, then I guess just me and Gazza can meet for a beer. :rally_dri

RGM200
Saturday 10th September 2005, 22:03
Would be up for a meet (if my suspension holds together that long), dont mind where and the dates fine, if a venue has not yet been sorted can I suggest the Half Way house on the A127, its a good venue for car / bike clubs, big car park, and is only 25 mins from Stanstead.

Only a suggestion......

Engineer
Monday 12th September 2005, 20:46
Would be up for a meet (if my suspension holds together that long), dont mind where and the dates fine, if a venue has not yet been sorted can I suggest the Half Way house on the A127, its a good venue for car / bike clubs, big car park, and is only 25 mins from Stanstead.

Only a suggestion...... Sad, but it might well come to this if we dont get some support, . :beer: COME ON!! PM IF YOUR COMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY MUM!!!!!!!!!!.

Jamie
Monday 12th September 2005, 21:40
Yep coming - allowed out to play

SaffronC70
Monday 12th September 2005, 22:04
Guys, if I'm not busy and you meet near Stanstead, I'll make an appearance.

Whitey

PS. depends if there is any petrol in the UK at that time :slap:

Andrew
Monday 12th September 2005, 22:44
I'll be there...

Straker
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 21:33
Mission control has given the go ahead. I'm in! :B_steerin

Engineer
Wednesday 14th September 2005, 23:44
Ok, venue sorted for 9th October please PM me if you are coming for link to pub (which is situated just north of Stansted near Thaxted) web info etc. Those of you who already have sent me a PM will get info shortly.

We have 7 confirmed at present and 6 maybe. :rally_dri

Engineer
Thursday 15th September 2005, 00:20
Due to demand this is web link for venue, pub opens at 12.00pm so 1.00pm sounds a good time to meet. Will contact landlord just in case.www.pub-explorer.com/essex/pub/swanhotelthaxted.htm

siamblue
Thursday 15th September 2005, 09:29
Thanks Engineer will look forward to it, now i have to clean the car again lol.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th September 2005, 09:36
Thanks Engineer will look forward to it, now i have to clean the car again lol.
for the 2nd time this year?

siamblue
Thursday 15th September 2005, 11:48
for the 2nd time this year?

Personally myself yes lol, but the Lithuanians down the road clean her once a fortnight. ;)

Engineer
Thursday 15th September 2005, 14:41
Have had a reply from pub, which is going to have a refurb during October so might be shut on the 9th, Will find another venue close by as we cant mess about. Shame as it lo :slap: oked ok.

Vikingxl
Thursday 15th September 2005, 15:40
I will have to say no as i wont be able to get there sorry mate.

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 15th September 2005, 16:10
I will have to say no as i wont be able to get there sorry mate.
Need a lift?

Engineer
Friday 16th September 2005, 11:34
Please find link for new venue, all ok for Sunday 9th October. Car park holds fifty, pub serves breakfast from 10.00am, open all day. You can pre-book tables for lunch etc. if you wish. I suggest a new meet time of around 12.00 noon, if thats ok with you guys. See you then. :beer:

www.theashpub.co.uk/index.htm

splatt
Sunday 18th September 2005, 18:43
Will be there..with wife and brat..

Engineer
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 16:59
Will be there..with wife and brat.. Well done mate, look forward to meeting you, so when you going to post real pics of yourself, or is the rat for real! :saythat:

Jamie
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 19:26
Are most people bringing partners and children?

Straker
Tuesday 20th September 2005, 19:56

No plans to but I have a dog (no jokes please about the misses :mad: it's a real cannine)

So does anyone know if the pub is pooch friendly?

dicky b t5
Thursday 29th September 2005, 20:06
I will be bringing the Girlfriend....

BTW , Has anyone been to Burton End , On the map it looks like its in the middle of Stansted Airport ...!lol :haha:

Andrew
Thursday 29th September 2005, 23:01
Looking forward to the meet.

Engineer - can you post all of the relevent details on the first post in the thread? pub, times etc it's often easier than people trawling through the pages.

Engineer
Friday 30th September 2005, 18:58
Looking forward to the meet.

Engineer - can you post all of the relevent details on the first post in the thread? pub, times etc it's often easier than people trawling through the pages.

Thats why Ive posted on calendar dated 9th October. Or do members not read it? Cheers. :doh:

splatt
Friday 30th September 2005, 19:04
Thats why Ive posted on calendar dated 9th October. Or do members not read it? Cheers. :doh:
Nope..(well, I dont anyway..too busy reading the threads!

Will have to leave this meet by 2pm as have to take mini splatt to a party!
Who'se eating?
Do I have to book?

Andrew
Friday 30th September 2005, 19:19
Checked the calender - you've not put time in there just the pub...

Pub is http://www.theashpub.co.uk/index.htm

I believe the meet time is 1pm.
Looking forward to it.

Andrew
Friday 30th September 2005, 20:18
New meet time is 12 noon.

This thread is now continued here :

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4695

Engineer
Friday 30th September 2005, 20:49
New meet time is 12 noon.

This thread is now continued here :

http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4695

Thanks Andrew, your just like my mum, most appreciated and always there for me.:wink:

Andrew
Friday 30th September 2005, 20:55
Thanks Andrew, your just like my mum, most appreciated and always there for me.:wink:

Yeah but I'm not gonna wipe your ££££ty ass - I draw the line there :P

dicky b t5
Friday 30th September 2005, 21:57
Yeah but I'm not gonna wipe your ££££ty ass - I draw the line there :P
Ha , so nice when you get abit of OVLOV.........!!!

Wobbly Dave
Friday 30th September 2005, 23:54
ROLFLMAO @ Andrew - "££££ty ass" indeed