PDA

View Full Version : 1995 t5 smoking

andyt5
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 19:02
can anyone help i have not long had my t5 auto but it has 2 problems first problem is when hot clunks going into reverse changed gearbox oil still the same. Second problem is sometimes when car is stopped after approx 15 miles of cruising speed 70/80 mph after 30 seconds ish of ticking over it starts to smoke from exhaust and from between front of engine and radiator

also where the air filter pipe goes down to the turbo next to the turbo there is a electrical connection and two small outlets but i dont seem to have any pipes going to these outlets and mpg seems poor.

ANY HELP WOULD BE WELL APPRECIATED THANX ANDY

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 8th September 2005, 00:52
The auto does take 1/2 a sec to get into reverse - without feeling it I can't say for sure. They do drop in with a bit of a clunk but diagnosis via forum is a little inaccurate.

Second one - you might have a dodgy oil seal somewhere in the turbo region - is is white, blue or black smoke? Again difficult to say without seeing it.

It defo seems that your breathers have been disconnected and I am certain if you had the codes read you would find "long term fuel trim" in the ECU? The 2 things you cite are breathers - one, the infamous elbow joint on the near side end of the inlet manifold (do a search) and the other I believe is the one that drops down next to the oil filler cap?

:welcome: sorry that it isnt all rosy yet - but hopefully with our help it will be.

Where are you in the world anyway?

andyt5
Thursday 8th September 2005, 18:03
thanx wobbly dave the smoke is a very light blue from exhaust. Now i have got a elbow jointed pipe coming out of the inlet manifold its small diameter plastic pipe that some one has cut and wedged a screw in could have this pipe have led to the breather pipe thats part of my air intake pipe to turbo

thanx again and im from derby :)