PDA

View Full Version : EBC Pipes

woody
Thursday 29th March 2012, 19:07
Hi all, can anyone tell me which pipes go where? Ie between turbo and EBC? Thanks.

M-R-P
Thursday 29th March 2012, 19:15
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/E89FF214-orig.jpg
Is this it?

woody
Thursday 29th March 2012, 21:12
Champion, thanks very much. Great

woody
Friday 30th March 2012, 11:03
Long story short, I'm only getting 3/4 of the boost I used to get before my rebuild. All the pipes seem to be on the right ports on the EBC. Do you think the oversized bores and head skim etc has effected it?

M-R-P
Friday 30th March 2012, 11:29
From what little I've learned here, the measured boost is between the turbo and throttle so any loss would be turbo, vac pipes, bcs, vac tree, actuator pipes, actuator spring, recirc valve, manifold gasket etc.
If the bores are leaking, wouldn't there be signs like dipstick popping out or something?

woody
Friday 30th March 2012, 12:41
Thanks for that. The only reason I mentioned the rebored cylinders was that a slight difference in compression ratio may be a factor? I'm not too fussed at the moment as she is running really well and away from home. Thanks for your pointers though, it'll give me something to go on when I return. Cheers.

960kg
Friday 30th March 2012, 12:51
If it helps, i have just had an HLM304 map done and so before that i was doing my stage 0 tune so all was correct as possible and my boost had dropped from 10 to about 8psi
I replaced all the small hoses with new Volvo ones and it was similar, i fitted the ECU re-map and only 12psi so i didn`t want an MBC so i bought a new Boost Control Valve from Volvo £51 and all is superb.
Good low down grunt then the 5psi boost in 1st about 14 in 2nd and after that 16psi
3rd and 4th seem the best performing gears.

I have read reports that these BCS or TCV as Volvo call them should be replaced at 100,000, well, it certainly has made a big difference to my performance and when the boost happens for safety of the engine.

I suppose the cost is the stumbling block, i just bit the bullet and it was worth it.