PDA

View Full Version : My new ride...

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 28th March 2012, 23:31
The 850 has an engine problem, changed the head gasket and it is still using water, so it is being taken off the road and I'm hopefully going to get it sorted.

So my new runaround.....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s101/bomb192uk/DSC02001.jpg

Just a 2.3 NA I'm afraid.

Only one question, what do I do with it?

M-R-P
Wednesday 28th March 2012, 23:37
Best thing about these - they're BIG :)

There's a 2.3T in my local scrappy, turbo and manifold looks good...;)

Only just noticed your location, did you know The Brittas Empire was filmed at Ringwood Leisure center? I used to do kickboxing there.
http://thebrittasempire.webs.com/extras.htm

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 28th March 2012, 23:40
Best thing about these - they're BIG :)

There's a 2.3T in my local scrappy, turbo and manifold looks good...;)
Only problem is I'm in the Midlands. I'll have a wander down to my local scrapyard, though they're pretty crap round here never any volvos in, all the ones I hear of are always miles away.

M-R-P
Wednesday 28th March 2012, 23:44
Shame, still I bet Smithy has some leftovers lol ;)

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 29th March 2012, 00:07
Shame, still I bet Smithy has some leftovers lol ;)
Hmmmmmm

M-R-P
Thursday 29th March 2012, 00:09
:D :beer:

960kg
Saturday 31st March 2012, 15:29
I did have the 740 2.3 HPT i believe 180/190 bhp and once the turbo is on the older single overhead cam 2.3 engine you have to tread careful as the mpg is horrendous, as low as urban 18mpg and mine only averaged 23mpg yes it went ok but so did the fuel.

Why don`t you wait and get the T5 moving again and save the money. Use it as you said your new runaround.

LiamT4
Saturday 31st March 2012, 15:34
I think he wants something a bit different and i doubt it will stay standard for long.

smithy
Saturday 31st March 2012, 19:12
I think he wants something a bit different and i doubt it will stay standard for long.

he has got the wrong car get urself a turbo version and then the fun will start.and they can be good on fuel when u put a bigger turbo on it .i aueraged 36 min at 70mph

T5frankie
Saturday 31st March 2012, 19:25
you just said it was your runaround so thats what it should be, its not a turbo so no fun is gonna be had in it without a mattress in the back anyway lol

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 31st March 2012, 19:35
Did I forget to mention it was FREE? Needed a car to run around in as the AWD was using lots of fuel and water.

Smithy - do you know of any local scrapyards with 940s in? The turbobricks site has a guide for adding the turbo to a NA car

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 31st March 2012, 19:36
you just said it was your runaround so thats what it should be, its not a turbo so no fun is gonna be had in it without a mattress in the back anyway lol
I just can't help it LOL

smithy
Saturday 31st March 2012, 20:02
Did I forget to mention it was FREE? Needed a car to run around in as the AWD was using lots of fuel and water.

Smithy - do you know of any local scrapyards with 940s in? The turbobricks site has a guide for adding the turbo to a NA car

it all swops straight over mate get yourself a mot failure for 200 pounds and swop everything over its just plug and play mate.alot easier than a t5.sorry i forgot to mention REDBLOCK lol.

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 31st March 2012, 20:32
REDBLOCK!!!!

LOL, will keep an eye out for one.

smithy
Saturday 31st March 2012, 20:45
REDBLOCK!!!!

LOL, will keep an eye out for one.

lol