PDA

View Full Version : Tha magic of detailer.

LiamT4
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:13
Got to love detailer. Gave the car a wash tonight, but didn't seem to get all the dirt off, problem was didn't have enough time to do a proper job on it as it was starting to get dark.

Detailer to the rescue! It got off all the stuck on dirt and gave the paintwork a nice slick finish.

I used maguires ultimate quick detailer, pretty good but not quite as good as there nxt gen detailer. Although neither is as good as the stuff that comes with the maguires clay kit, but can't seem to get that by itself?

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:19
Megs last touch - by the gallon. Diluted down for different purposes. I also have a citrus degreaser that helps to remove tar and more stubborn dirt without claying

T5frankie
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:21
I have a bucket and a sponge, and still get the polish to do it lol

LiamT4
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:28
I have a bucket and a sponge, and still get the polish to do it lol

Lazy git!

You should go over it with some detailer after, makes a difference.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:49
Detailer can be used as a water dispersal drying aid - sounds mad but it does work, particularly good in hot weather when preventing water spots.

andybrown
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:50
I still reckon Auto Glyms Rapid Detailer is the best - i just hate the fact it smells like wheelie bin cleaner :(

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:52
I have a bottle of that Megs NXT stuff, I use it on internal plastics. Prefer old fasioned elbow grease for the exterior ;)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:52
The best I have found to date is the dodo juice - but it is too expensive. Megs last touch is good enough & it smell nice.

andybrown
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:55
Anyone tried the Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection? i didn't think it would do anything, but its quite good stuff as a final touch

LiamT4
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:56
Detailer can be used as a water dispersal drying aid - sounds mad but it does work, particularly good in hot weather when preventing water spots.

Makes sense actually dave.

I don't rate megs stuff as the best out there, but just think that with the price, ease of use, etc, its pretty hard to beat.

merc85
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:57
Anyone tried the Auto Glym Extra Gloss Protection? i didn't think it would do anything, but its quite good stuff as a final touch

I've also used and was very impressed with the result's

The super resin is also a good polish but i dont like the white dust it can leave behind.

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:58

Is that the stuff in the white bottle with the gold square? if so, I've been using it for ages and it's superb. I first discovered it when I had my pearl black Nissan N___, really works well on black paint but stinks like a fuel leak.

merc85
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 23:07
Is that the stuff in the white bottle with the gold square? if so, I've been using it for ages and it's superb. I first discovered it when I had my pearl black Nissan N___, really works well on black paint but stinks like a fuel leak.

Sounds like the stuff marty, Aint you noticed the white dust it leaves pmsl if not why not? lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 23:23
Sounds like the stuff marty, Aint you noticed the white dust it leaves pmsl if not why not? lol

Extra elbow grease mate and a lot of cloth-flicking. White car now so I don't notice it, happy days - less effort. :)

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 23:35
AG SRP is good as it has a lot of fillers in it. Using MF cloths to buff up can help reduce dusting as can the proficient use of a detailing spray

andybrown
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 23:37
Iv never noticed excessive dust with the Auto Glym resin polish. the turtle wax sainsburys special is horrific, takes ages to come off and leaves green dust everywhere!

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 28th March 2012, 00:50
I used maguires ultimate quick detailer, pretty good but not quite as good as there nxt gen detailer. Although neither is as good as the stuff that comes with the maguires clay kit, but can't seem to get that by itself?

If its the same clay kit as mine its megs quick detailer
http://camskill.co.uk/m37b0s3519p818/_MEGUIARS_-_Quik_Detailer_Mist_and_Wipe_473ml

Cheap from camskill, plus they do lots of other stuff.

Stedman
Wednesday 28th March 2012, 12:19
Quick detailer isn't needed to clay. Just some water or a little bit of car shampoo in a bottle of water should do the job. You're better off doing this and then using some Tardis on each panel (don't let it dry/don't leave it for more than 30sec at a time!) and then washing the car again.

You'll get much better results, without buying into the QD lark, and therefore spending a fortune on them.

(I'll happily admit QD is great to get dust off if you don't have much time)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 28th March 2012, 12:31
For any clay activity - I always use tardis first. QD as a clay lube - I always dllute 1 in 5.

LiamT4
Wednesday 28th March 2012, 16:22
Quick detailer isn't needed to clay. Just some water or a little bit of car shampoo in a bottle of water should do the job. You're better off doing this and then using some Tardis on each panel (don't let it dry/don't leave it for more than 30sec at a time!) and then washing the car again.

You'll get much better results, without buying into the QD lark, and therefore spending a fortune on them.

(I'll happily admit QD is great to get dust off if you don't have much time)
But thats the whole point of it. When you don't have the time to wax/polish, just wash it and go over it with detailer and it'll get most of the dirt off and leave it looking shiny.

Perfect example is when i went trax last year (well, to the camp site the night before), the front end was covered in dust and bugs after driving all that way, went over it with maguires detailer and it looked liked i washed and polished it there.

and thats why its magic stuff, because it'll make it look like you've spent a lot longer cleaning it and its good at getting crap off that just washing it can't.