PDA

View Full Version : Replacing waterpipe help

Mongo
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 16:38
Does anybody no what this bottom hose is and how to remove/replace it?

Bottom hose.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g333/gorjuzjoe/25ee81a5.jpg

Mongo
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 17:38
Im guessing its heater matrix maybe return but how does it seal it leaking loads!!

abdul
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 17:59
the two pipes go to the heater matrix when taking the pipe out u have to be careful it clips out if u pull hard and havrnt pressed the clips u will break a black box which is behind it like i did

abdul
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 18:00
it has seals inside is the pipe corroded and leaking

claymore
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 18:21
I just ditched the whole stupid system and just joined the pipes with some rubber hose, havne't had a problem for 2 years.

abdul
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 18:26
I just ditched the whole stupid system and just joined the pipes with some rubber hose, havne't had a problem for 2 years.

probly the best and cheapest way to fix it

Mongo
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 19:05

Wont i loose my heater by doing that?

woody
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 20:38
Does anybody no what this bottom hose is and how to remove/replace it?

Bottom hose.
http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g333/gorjuzjoe/25ee81a5.jpg

I think the bottom (return) hose goes to the rigid pipe that runs to the water pump and the other (feed) runs from the back of the head.

And yes, you'll loose your heater if you remove and join these two together.

Mongo
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 21:02
I think the bottom (return) hose goes to the rigid pipe that runs to the water pump and the other (feed) runs from the back of the head.

And yes, you'll loose your heater if you remove and join these two together.

Its somthing ill do over time i need to get the miles up and get it maped. So joining them is the best option at the moment. Heater matrix is shot to. Are all the 850 matrix the same? Iv got manuel dual climate control and air con?

claymore
Tuesday 27th March 2012, 22:31
I didn't say join these pipes together, just take out the connector block and join the pipes in the engine bay onto the pipes on the matrix.