PDA

View Full Version : Space saver wheel (7 seat conversion)

TenaciousC
Monday 26th March 2012, 10:47
Hi All,

I've recently obtained a 7 seat conversion kit which came with a space saver wheel. I noticed (by putting the wheels next to each other) that the diameter of the wheel is about an inch less than the wheels on the car.

Is this correct? Can the car operate sensibly with one wheel smaller than the rest - or will it just go round in circles ;-)

Cheers

Chris

T5Tom
Monday 26th March 2012, 13:00
Ofcoarse it can... otherwise you would have four space savers in your car, which wouldnt save much space lol :)

TenaciousC
Monday 26th March 2012, 13:59
I guess using the space saver on the back would be preferable to the front..... So if I was unfortunate to have a puncture on the front wheel, I would have to change two wheels i.e. front off > back to the front > space saver on back . This would require having to have two wheels off the ground at same time ... I can't recall if the jack lifts the whole side of the car or just one wheel.

jayeastanglia
Monday 26th March 2012, 15:00
std 850 jack will lift both wheels off the ground this is how i painted my calipers a few weeks ago when my normal jack seals decided they didnt want to play ball...
Space savers can put your abs light on as well but then thay are only for temporary use and lower speed(usually 50mph and 30 miles use) they can be very expensive to get replaced as well