PDA

View Full Version : A/C Question?

glenns70
Wednesday 7th September 2005, 09:51
Hello all,
Can anyone offer some advice regarding the A/C on my 1998 S70. The aircon stopped working a while ago and I have decided to try and get it sorted now(even though winter is on its way??) I have had it regassed which didn't solve the problem even though it needed doing. The guy who regassed the system ran a live feed straight to the compressor and it clicked in and worked fine, even started blowing ice cold. The problem is that when I turn it on at the switch in the car nothing happens? I have replaced the relay in the relay box under the bonnet to eliminate that but still no power going to the compressor. The green light comes on, on the A/C switch on the dash but doesn't power the compressor up?
I am thinking that it may be the switch on the dash but not sure. All the relevant fuses are OK etc.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Glenn

MattE
Sunday 11th September 2005, 21:33
Glenn,

Sounds exactly the same as mine (still not working), re-gassed and comes on if you force the live feed... Richard @ Airconlogistics in Brum thinks that is either a fault with the wiring somewhere or a fault with the ecu which controls the power to the system.

I'll let you know if I get any further... Good luck!

glenns70
Thursday 15th September 2005, 11:33
Thanks Matt, keep me posted if you manage to get it sorted. I will let you know if I get around to getting mine looked at. Might leave it until next Summer now though, or sell the car in the middle of Winter?? (only kidding)

Glenn

MattE
Friday 16th September 2005, 17:24
Might leave it until next Summer now though, or sell the car in the middle of Winter?? (only kidding)

Glenn

I was thinking the same thing!!!