PDA

View Full Version : RICA - BHP/torque curves?

Goof
Monday 3rd January 2005, 14:04
Has anyone got a graph showing the BHP/torque curves for an un-modded 850 T5 engine? - and if possible I'd like to compare them against the full RICA BHP/torque curves (if that's available too).

Also, RICA claims to increase mpg - do you RICA'd folks find that to be generally, or just when motoring at a constant speed?

I like the std torque that seems to kick in just over 2000 rpm, and was wondering where in the rev range the extra RICA power & torque comes in.

Cheers chaps (and lady). :) :help:

hamish
Monday 3rd January 2005, 15:53
Goof,
For the std & mod torque curves, please see our Dutch website www.rica.nl click on chiptuning and follow the drop downs. I think you will be pleasantly suprised the extra power and torque is everywhere !

Hamish,
Chiptuning Ltd

Goof
Monday 3rd January 2005, 17:33
Thanks Hamish - just what I wanted!

Murphy
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 15:56
MPG will never be great as it is a large powerful heavy car. However relative to the power it is pretty good. The Auto's do 18 - 25, i think the mans may do 20-27/28. I know my average is 23, so a man may do a healthy 26. However i have never had the patience to drive economically, so not sure what it is capeable of ?!?!

lance
Tuesday 4th January 2005, 16:18
My best MPG with Rica was 32.5mpg on a run in summer to Norfolk.
Although I have done 42mpg at 56mph on the cruise control behind a lorry for 10 miles but its bloody boring.
I managed 28.5 on a run to scotland over 800 miles in totals , took my time though, previous trips have seen the economy at 24.5 but thats doing a ton when possible and sometimes more.
My trip computer rareley drops below 21 mpg but I have had into the teens when working her really hard.
I think the MPG gains with Ricca are realatively small aprox 1/2-1.5mpg , so it may eventually pay for itself but I know I will never notice.